Don Banks has Atlanta selecting Cushing

Well that's 2 now... I'd LOVE for Cushing to fall that far but I just don't see it. I'm probably going to get flamed for this but I'd personally like to move up to get him if necessary.

However, I'm also good with us taking Clay Matthews who seems to be flying up the boards. This guy was predicted to go in the 2nd round all day by everyone a month ago and now I've seen 2 or 3 mocks with him going in the top 20.

Just proves that none of these guys know who's gonna take who.

I'd love the pick. He was the best defensive player on USC last season(next to Mays, of course). Matthews is a solid player too, but Cushing is just a freak. Cushing is my pick. Here's to hoping he's there when 24 rolls around.

ABSOLUTELY

ooo yay. a man without any NFL front office experience says a legitamite top 15 pick will fall to 24!!! tht must mean it will be true so we should get excited. forget it people. dude will be taken way b4 us. and should he fall the patriots(pick 23) will take him.

That's why they call it HOPE my man.

o u mean the scholarship i get for maintaining a b average and going to school in GA??haha. but no. i agree. its more realistic to hope for matthews or delmas

I personally think the Pats will get our linebacker unless we move up. Man ,I hate that team

I would love it if we lucked out and got Cushing at 24. Linebacker is the falcon's biggest hole, but after signing Peterson, adding Cushing would round out the unit nicely. Lofton, Cushing, Nicholas, Peterson, & Wire doesn't sound too bad -- and most of them can play multiple positions.

We shock the football world and trade up to take Moreno, with Moreno and Turner we will be unstoppable.

Norwood to be the second surprise part of a mega trade that lands us two veteran defensive improvements.

The rest of the draft will be for defense.

Moreno and Michael Turner in the same backfield, with the threat of Ryan's passing would be the offensive juggernaut of the NFL.

Moreno is what they envisioned Norwood could be.

We shock the football world and trade up to take Moreno, with Moreno and Turner we will be unstoppable.

Norwood to be the second surprise part of a mega trade that lands us two veteran defensive improvements.

The rest of the draft will be for defense.

Moreno and Michael Turner in the same backfield, with the threat of Ryan's passing would be the offensive juggernaut of the NFL.

Moreno is what they envisioned Norwood could be.

That's far fetched but I'd ish my pants if that happened. I LOVE Kwowshon.

I would party like it's 1999........... I just don't see it happenin.........

I think he will be gone by 20 at the latest.....

I'd settle for his partner Matthews Jr., though..... B)

Though Clay lacks Cushing's incredible strength, Matthews Jr. can fill the same role as Cushing, and in a lot of the combine results which are most important when evaluating LB's (3-cone, 20 yd shuttle, pass-drop and hip rotation drill, etc.) Matthews Jr.'s #'s were as good or better than Cushing's (not to mention his very impressive showing at the Senior Bowl).........

You also have to factor in his bloodline...... His father was a 4-time Pro Bowl LB (and he obviously spent some years here as a Falcon :D ), his uncle (Bruce Matthews) was considered one of the best OL to ever play the game, went to 14 Pro Bowls and is in the HOF......... ****, even his GRAMPA (also named Clay) played in the NFL..... So there is no doubt the kid has the genetic make-up.....

Which only leaves one question.........

His work ethic.

The guy was only offered one scholarship (I think it was Idaho), but chose to follow the family tradition and walk on at USC...... He worked his a$$ off, and finally earned a scholarship...... He only had one season as a starter (bit of a concern), but he made the most of it, finishing second on the best defense in college football in sacks......

****..... I'm so jacked up on Clay Matthews Jr., I'm not sure if I'd rather us pick him or Cushing....

Either way, I think Cushing is the more experienced player and the safer pick, so I think he will be off the board when we pick......

But if somehow he lands to us, I'm not sure which I'd rather take..... The safe bet/sure thing or the big gamble with huge upside....

I really feel for those cats in the War Room....

Even WE spend too much time on the internets, scouring for combine #'s and you tube clips...... The scouting staff, coaching staff, and GM spend more time traveling, attending games, pouring over film, conducting interviews, etc. than any of us could even comprehend.... The scouting staff spends all year roaming the country collecting the data, then in the off season, they spend sun up till sun down discussing, studying, arguing, evaluating.............

I can't IMAGINE the pressure in that War Room on Draft Day.... As fans, we really have NO IDEA how much work has been put into putting their draft board together...... And when you have coaches, scouts and execs evaluating players, obviously there are some differing heated opinions and some people going out on limbs for players..... It's so high stakes..... Especially in the salary cap era...... Gone are the days that the Dallas Cowboys (even though, ironically, they had one of the best drafts of all time) can go out and buy every Big $$$ FA they feel like buying... In the salary cap era, if you do not draft well, your team will sink to the bottom......

The pressure to make the right pick round after round must be incredibly nerve-racking and exhausting on these dudes......

I just hope, regardless of who they pick, they have a draft that is even CLOSE to the epic draft we had last season.........

I have faith.... TD & Co. have a very clear plan, and they are going to find the pieces that fit perfectly..... Last year was a great start, but it is going to take this draft and probably next years draft (when we will be loaded with compensatory picks and Vick's cap anvil will be gone) to get everything the way TD and Coach Smith envision it.......

Though the fan in me wants to think that we are gonna win 10+ games every year, I have a feeling (and I hope I'm wrong!) that this year is gonna be the year that we feel the sting of the rebuilding plan the most......

But the brilliant minds at Flowery Branch see a bigger picture.... They don't want to patch together a team that can win now.... They want to BUILD a team that will be competitive for a LONG time....... Rome wasn't built in a day and neither were the NE Patriots.... But I am **** glad the guy who directed all those incredible drafts for the Pats (and so far one for us :) ) is here to get things done the right way....

But it's gonna take some patience, people..... If I have to suffer through 1 or 2 years of sub-par football to build a SB calibre team, I'm all for it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................................zzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

****, that was a long post! :o You break your neck in a car accident, and you find that you have way too much time to babble on MB's... hehehhhh....

At any rate, it's good to be back in the mix talkin' ATL pigskin with you folks again.... GO FALCONS! B)

****, that was a long post! :o You break your neck in a car accident, and you find that you have way too much time to babble on MB's... hehehhhh....

At any rate, it's good to be back in the mix talkin' ATL pigskin with you folks again.... GO FALCONS! B)

Long but great post, I too cant decide who i want between Matthews and Cushing. Seem to change my mind just about everyday, right now its Matthews that i want.

Sorry bout your car crash though, speedy recovery and all that

ooo yay. a man without any NFL front office experience says a legitamite top 15 pick will fall to 24!!! tht must mean it will be true so we should get excited. forget it people. dude will be taken way b4 us. and should he fall the patriots(pick 23) will take him.

If there is a run on OL (and there will be) someone will fall out. top 15 players fall every year.