What happened with L.J?

Does anyone know what happend with L.J Smith? Did we just stop talks?

I dont really care either way I just haven't heard any updates on it lately.

I don't think Falcons offered him a contract. Thats the reason he was testing waters going to Loins. I don;t think he will be a Falcon.

I just looked at Jared Cook and he had a pretty good work out at the combine! Does anyone know anything about him? He could probably fall he's not even in Mayocks or Kipers top five tight ends and he had the best combine workout!

Yea I saw that. Well, if he did good at the combine it def didn't go unoticed. Maybe we will snag him.

Some people here are going to be on "suicide watch" if we draft Pettigrew in the 1st.

i can understand why to draft Pettigrew, but I would rather draft a TE like Nelson and groom his blocking skills so that he can be all around TE with speed to stretch the field. I am just hoping that he will be around in the 3rd round and that we draft him.

Are these the same bunch who were on suicide watch last April when we drafted Matt Ryan? :D

Probably soo :D

I don't know how serious we were. He only appears to be a fair blocker and a hit or miss receiver. I don't see how that would be an upgrade. Maybe the FO saw something more there, I dunno. I was hoping we'd get a TE in FA so we would not have to spend a draft pick on one because in order to have an immediate impact we'd have to get one high.

Hopefully we do the smart thing and draft a TE in the 3rd or 4th since there are so many good ones in this draft. LJ isnt worth taking. I'd rather have a physical specimen out of the draft. Than someone who was good once, and has been crap since.

Hopefully we do the smart thing and draft a TE in the 3rd or 4th since there are so many good ones in this draft. LJ isnt worth taking. I'd rather have a physical specimen out of the draft. Than someone who was good once, and has been crap since.

That's why I brought up Jared Cook! has anyone seen him play I cant really find any highlights on him?

Does anyone know what happend with L.J Smith? Did we just stop talks?

I dont really care either way I just haven't heard any updates on it lately.

My guess is he is still out there asking more than his perceived value. Then again I believe I also read he dumped his agent in the middle of the process. Just for fun my guess is his old agent said "TJ you haven't really done that much, don't go asking for 4M a year".

I just looked at Jared Cook and he had a pretty good work out at the combine! Does anyone know anything about him? He could probably fall he's not even in Mayocks or Kipers top five tight ends and he had the best combine workout!

I live in SC. this guy is athletic. but can't block and has mediocre at best hands.