Gov Palin's daughter and her boyfriend breakup

Alaska Gov. Palin's daughter's, boyfriend break up

WASILLA, Alaska – Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin, the teenage daughter of Gov. Sarah Palin, have broken off their engagement, he said Wednesday, about 2 1/2 months after the couple had a baby. Johnston, 19, told The Associated Press that he and 18-year-old Bristol Palin mutually decided "a while ago" to end their relationship. He declined to elaborate as he stood outside his family's home in Wasilla, about 40 miles north of Anchorage.

He also said some details of the breakup, rumors of which had been swirling on the Internet, were inaccurate.

Bristol Palin said in a statement that she was devastated about a report on Star magazine's Web site that quoted Levi's sister, Mercede, as saying Bristol "makes it nearly impossible" to visit the teenagers' infant son, Tripp. The baby was born Dec. 27.

"Unfortunately, my family has seen many people say and do many things to `cash in' on the Palin name," said the statement, which was issued through the governor's political action committee. "Sometimes that greed clouds good judgment and the truth."

SarahPAC spokeswoman Meghan Stapleton did not immediately respond to calls seeking further information. The governor's spokesman, Bill McAllister, declined comment.

Sarah Palin revealed her daughter's pregnancy just days after being named John McCain's running mate on the Republican presidential ticket. She had said in December that her daughter and Johnston "are committed to accomplish what millions of other young parents have accomplished, to provide a loving and secure environment for their child."

In an interview that aired on Fox News last month, Bristol Palin said her fiance saw the baby every day and described him as a "hands-on" dad.

Johnston and Palin had said they were considering a summer wedding.

"We both love each other," he told the AP in October. "We both want to marry each other. And that's what we are going to do."

Link

ya know, when Bristol started speaking I think she comes across as pretty intelligent and level headed given the spot she is in. Seems to be smarter than I thought she would be anyway.

While the little I knew of him he seemed to be an uneducated redneck.And I mean redneck by Alaskan standards, which is X's ten.

I will say the same as I would for any baby.. hope it works out best for the child.

The odds were against them anyway. I agree she seems like a pretty smart kid. I don't think Mom was too happy when she had her little press conference a few weeks back eschewing abstinence as a good way to prevent teen pregnancy.

Just throwing it out there, She really isn't terrifically smart, she just doesn't listen to her freak of a mom... God I hate that **** woman, a stuck up hoe. And Levi is a D-bag. Thinks he is hot **** cause he boned Bristol.

Johnston, 19, told The Associated Press that he and 18-year-old Bristol Palin mutually decided "a while ago" to end their relationship. He declined to elaborate as he stood outside his family's home in Wasilla, about 40 miles north of Anchorage.

Chances are probably 50/50 they were never truly engaged it was probably all spin for the voters. Bottom line this poor girl should probably give the child up for adoption so she get get her life back on track. It probably won't happen she and her child will probably just be dependent on Mom and Dad to support them and like most women who have children so early in life have fewer options.

Johnston, 19, told The Associated Press that he and 18-year-old Bristol Palin mutually decided "a while ago" to end their relationship. He declined to elaborate as he stood outside his family's home in Wasilla, about 40 miles north of Anchorage.

Chances are probably 50/50 they were never truly engaged it was probably all spin for the voters. Bottom line this poor girl should probably give the child up for adoption so she get get her life back on track. It probably won't happen she and her child will probably just be dependent on Mom and Dad to support them and like most women who have children so early in life have fewer options.

Adoption? WTF? The reasonable thing is for her to keep it and raise it. She has all the support network in the world anyone could ask for. The couple really had a pretty unique set of circumstances to deal with being caught in the crossfire of a Presidential campaign. Her mother can be described in many ways but I would say ruthlessly ambitious is probably the over riding one. If you really examine their family situation--a mother in her 40s having just had a Downs baby and a teen daughter with an unplanned pregnancy--the wholesome family values thing kind of goes out the window when Mom decides this would be a good time to run for VP. I guess life goes on and it was (hopefully) a once in a lifetime shot for Sarah but, sheesh,

"are committed to accomplish what millions of other young parents have accomplished, to provide a loving and secure environment for their child."

I still don't see how this can't be accomplished, not every family is the same but as long as both parents are committed to the child I fail to see where the problem is with this whole situation. Obama came from a very broken home and he seems to have turned out pretty well when it comes to how he's raised his children and how he's maintained his relationship with his wife. His mother and grandparents managed to raise a very successful individual with family values. Who's to say Bristol and Levi can't be successful in raising a child?

Good for them. I suspect that the only reason that they were even talking marriage was because of her mother and the campaign. 1 mistake joined them together for life, but I don't see the baby as a reason to get married. Many times those types of marriages never work. I do know a couple that married at 14 because of a pregnancy and 12 years later are still together but they are not the norm. Because I know two others that didn't last a year!

Marrying someone for any reason other than you love that person and want to spend the rest of your life withthem is always a bad idea.

Good for them. I suspect that the only reason that they were even talking marriage was because of her mother and the campaign. 1 mistake joined them together for life, but I don't see the baby as a reason to get married. Many times those types of marriages never work. I do know a couple that married at 14 because of a pregnancy and 12 years later are still together but they are not the norm. Because I know two others that didn't last a year!

Marrying someone for any reason other than you love that person and want to spend the rest of your life withthem is always a bad idea.

Having unprotected sex without considering the possibilities of said actions is also always a bad idea. Sex is where babies come from. But I agree with you. Love is an ever evolving equation, FWIW.

Everybody knows the marriage deal was just for show for politics purposes. It would've been bad to see her not get married to the father after having a child.

That would be my opinion aswell. I'm glad they both didn't buckle to the pressure and decided to make the decision for themselves. The fact that they made this decision a while ago leads me to believe they never seriously considered getting married in the first place. I was feeling sorry for Levi at one point..