red ring of death?

Phreek, Microsoft intentionally released a flawed product and denied the existence of problems for a year (Until they were threatened with crippling litigation.). Please don't support such behavior, dump the console, and pursue alternatives.

Just call 18004MYXBOX and tell them. They are pretty quick and send you a box to return it in with everything.

Not if his failing X360 is out-of-warranty.

Don't listen to all the nonsense about the 360. While I wish they had been a little more thorough on their console, they are very prompt about fixing them.

call x box. Within a couple of days you will get a box to send it off in. Takes only a few days and you get it back. If it takes any longer you can even call and they will send you a free game. Happened to mine, and its been fine ever since. I have both consoles so I am not loyal to either brand. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. for me gaming go to the 360 for now. I would not even consider getting rid of it.

it wont take long, and it is a painless process.

Don't listen to all the nonsense about the 360. While I wish they had been a little more thorough on their console, they are very prompt about fixing them.

call x box. Within a couple of days you will get a box to send it off in. Takes only a few days and you get it back. If it takes any longer you can even call and they will send you a free game. Happened to mine, and its been fine ever since. I have both consoles so I am not loyal to either brand. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. for me gaming go to the 360 for now. I would not even consider getting rid of it.

it wont take long, and it is a painless process.

If people start to think clearly for one second, it's not about brand loyalty. I have and love my original Xbox. It's about whether or not a person should support Microsoft's deception, negligence, and incompetence with the X360.

It is mentally backwards to support such behavior.

Would you support a car company that intentionally released a car whose engine melts within hours of driving? It's not about whether the company will fix it. It's about whether or not as a human being, you want to support such filthy behavior.

DO NOT support this. It is sad that we have some, like this guy here in Rev, who support and defend such disgusting engineering and ethical practices.

If people start to think clearly for one second, it's not about brand loyalty. I have and love my original Xbox. It's about whether or not a person should support Microsoft's deception, negligence, and incompetence with the X360.

Would you support a car company that intentionally released a car whose engine melts within hours of driving? It's not about whether the company will fix it. It's about whether or not as a human being, you want to support such filthy behavior.

DO NOT support this. It is sad that we have some, like this guy here in Rev, who support and defend such disgusting engineering and ethical practices.

I support 360 because Live kills PSN and there are way more AAA titles on both discs and on the Arcade.

Yeah the system fails, but oh well at least when it's working it has plenty more great games than PS3.

Phreek, Microsoft intentionally released a flawed product and denied the existence of problems for a year (Until they were threatened with crippling litigation.). Please don't support such behavior, dump the console, and pursue alternatives.

Not if his failing X360 is out-of-warranty.

Crazy talk. :wacko:

"intentionally released a flawed product" :rolleyes:

Crazy talk. :wacko:

"intentionally released a flawed product" :rolleyes:

1.) 3rd party contractors who worked for Microsoft during testing admitted to this, and were eventually sued for releasing information protected under NDA. They said Microsoft knew of problems, but didn't care to fix them because it was so close to launch, and it would have delayed release.

2.) A fourth grade would have seen the X360 was failing at alarming rates. Basic statistical analyses would have shown that. Basic tests would've shown that during product development. The flaws were design-based. To think they didn't know is foolish.

Microsoft itself has admitted to releasing a flawed product in one respect because fixing it would have cost-prohibitive (This was during a lawsuit.).

All so that they can beat Sony and Nintendo to the market.

Again, it's sad to see people defend such unethical behavior not only in engineering, but in general practice. I sure know engineers on this board and in reality with me bash Microsoft for this.

There's another engineer here who has bashed it.

Don't embarrass your mentality by defending it.

Oh dont get me wrong. I am completely against them putting out a product that had so many issues. I am glad they did extend the warranty, and so far all is well with mine. I completely understand what you mean when you mention supporting inferiority. To me its like the madden versus 2k sports issue. Madden makes the only descent football game because they are another giant company that got the NFL license. Since there is no competition they don't have to make drastic strides to make improvements. So you either get Madden or you dont play football. Sadly it is the way this country works on many levels (wal mart, HD Lowes). ITs like a terrible cycle that is hard to break.

Oh dont get me wrong. I am completely against them putting out a product that had so many issues. I am glad they did extend the warranty, and so far all is well with mine. I completely understand what you mean when you mention supporting inferiority. To me its like the madden versus 2k sports issue. Madden makes the only descent football game because they are another giant company that got the NFL license. Since there is no competition they don't have to make drastic strides to make improvements. So you either get Madden or you dont play football. Sadly it is the way this country works on many levels (wal mart, HD Lowes). ITs like a terrible cycle that is hard to break.

It's not just supporting an inferior product. It's about supporting intentionally releasing a flawed product. I may financially support Toyota by buying a Camry, but there are many "better" cars out there that cost much more (Better is objective). That would be supporting an "inferior" product.

In this case, what's being supported is negligence and deception.

1.) 3rd party contractors who worked for Microsoft during testing admitted to this, and were eventually sued for releasing information protected under NDA. They said Microsoft knew of problems, but didn't care to fix them because it was so close to launch, and it would have delayed release.

2.) A fourth grade would have seen the X360 was failing at alarming rates. Basic statistical analyses would have shown that. Basic tests would've shown that during product development. The flaws were design-based. To think they didn't know is foolish.

Microsoft itself has admitted to releasing a flawed product in one respect because fixing it would have cost-prohibitive (This was during a lawsuit.).

All so that they can beat Sony and Nintendo to the market.

Again, it's sad to see people defend such unethical behavior not only in engineering, but in general practice. I sure know engineers on this board and in reality with me bash Microsoft for this.

There's another engineer here who has bashed it.

Don't embarrass your mentality by defending it.

Don't misquote. I don't defend Microsoft. Their big boys. I'm just stating that your bias knows no bounds. You're always saying the same thing. Instead of trying to help out the OP, you used his cry for help as yet another platform to try and spread your agenda. It gets tiring.

Don't misquote. I don't defend Microsoft. Their big boys. I'm just stating that your bias knows no bounds. You're always saying the same thing. Instead of trying to help out the OP, you used his cry for help as yet another platform to try and spread your agenda. It gets tiring.

My contribution is to tell him to stop financially supporting negligence. He should drop the X360 and look for alternatives.

Nobody should support negligence and deception. Period.

You can call it bias, or you can call it a person who doesn't support filthy and unethical behavior.

My contribution is to tell him to stop financially supporting negligence. He should drop the X360 and look for alternatives.

You can call it bias, or you can call it a person who doesn't support filthy and unethical behavior.

So, even though he has already spent money and purchased the 360, he shouldn't take the FREE repair action, and should instead throw it in the trash? THAT is supporting ignorance. And yes, I call what you post bias. He can look for an alternative for his next console purchase. My point is that you aren't helping anyone with your biased agenda based posts. We ALL know your stance. It's not necessary for you to constantly repost the same crap. Enjoy your PS3 and STHU, already.

So, even though he has already spent money and purchased the 360, he shouldn't take the FREE repair action, and should instead throw it in the trash? THAT is supporting ignorance. And yes, I call what you post bias. He can look for an alternative for his next console purchase. My point is that you aren't helping anyone with your biased agenda based posts. We ALL know your stance. It's not necessary for you to constantly repost the same crap. Enjoy your PS3 and STHU, already.

I will always post my stance on this, and I know there will be people like you who won't like it. That won't stop me.

Like I said. It's not about whether the company will fix it (and his failing X360 could be out-of-warranty. The X360 has been out for longer than 3 years now, which was the time for extension.). It's about whether or not a person wants to defend/support unethical behavior like those of negligence and deception. It's like your puppets to Microsoft.

Here's what Peter Moore said when he was approached about the RROD a year after the X360's launch:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/spinning-red-ring...reak-258750.php

He shrugged and said, "you know? Things break."

Look at how careless he was about it. At a 33% failure rate, he shrugs it off. It wasn't until they were threatened with crippling litigation did they extend the warranty and lose 1.16 billion dollars in a matter of a month.

For the record, I had absolutely NO problems getting my 360 repaired for free and it was over 2 years old. It ran flawlessly before that and I played the heck out of it. It has been the best console that I've ever had. These are not like Nintendo Entertainment Systems. You can't leave them on for hours apon hours (apon hours) and expect nothing to happen. That goes for the PS3 as well. There are plenty of documented problems with it as well, but I don't see you blabbering about that.

If you don't want to support the game system, that is your choice. Calling everyone else ignorant for their choice in "recreational video games" is just asinine behavior. There are bigger and better battles you could choose out there. Besides, your constant argument of "crippling litigation" is laughable. MS is sued all the time.

Where is The Untold Truth now? This is exactly why you get ripped so often Wom, threads like this. There is no reason for you to be posting in this thread, yet here you are trolling again. You really need to get a social life man; something to distract you. It isn't a "backwards mentality" that causes people to play an xbox.

Seriously man, you make Richard Simmons look straight sometimes...

And to the original poster, make sure you have them send you a box and packing. Sometimes the tech services people will try to have you send it in your own box and packing, but don't accept that. Make sure they are responsible for getting it there in the same condition as it was sent.

UCS, I think you show how wrong you are when you suggest this is why you behave so poorly. You can't handle people saying, "don't support unethical behavior", so you behave poorly as a result? This is why YOU get ripped not by me, but by others.

Wom, I believe he was asking for help on what steps are needed to get his 360 repaired, not if he should by a PS3 or not. If you don't have anything useful pertaining to the subject, don't bother posting in here. :rolleyes:

1.) I never suggested he buy a PS3. Alternatives, which I suggested, include Wii, PC, or PS3.

2.) I have shown many people that they shouldn't continue supporting negligence and deception. Many have abandoned the failing X360, as should all who have X360's fail.

It's not about the fact X360's fail. It's about the reason.

That is my suggestion to him in relation to this thread. Discontinue the support for unethical behavior.

Wom, I believe he was asking for help on what steps are needed to get his 360 repaired, not if he should by a PS3 or not. If you don't have anything useful pertaining to the subject, don't bother posting in here. :rolleyes:

I second this, Sit down and shut up Womfalcs you're the forums biggest PS3 tool we all get it.

NEVER talk again about your " I only post positive stuff about the PS3 and never say bad things about other consoles diarrhea of the mouth B.S."

:rolleyes:

Yet it has nothing to do with how to get his 360 repaired.

Like I said. It's about telling him to stop supporting negligence and deception, which is very germane to the X360. Do you support such behavior? Do you encourage supporting such behavior?

I will always encourage people to stop supporting that when the issue is brought up. Whether it's in this case, whether it's with vehicle manufacturing, whether it's with the manufacturing of truck mirror assemblies. Whatever the case may be.

Like I said. It's about telling him to stop supporting negligence and deception, which is very germane to the X360. Do you support such behavior? Do you encourage supporting such behavior?

I will always encourage people to stop supporting that when the issue is brought up. Whether it's in this case, whether it's with vehicle manufacturing, whether it's with the manufacturing of truck mirror assemblies. Whatever the case may be.

If playing and purchasing XBOX 360 games means I support such behavior, then yes. I also like the fact that even though my 360 did crap out on me, they fixed it for free, and that I've had 0 problems with the system since then.

Come on Wom, I agree with you about a lot of stuff. I think Microsoft put out an inferior product, but I think they have done well to try and make up for it with the extended warranty etc.

My main problem is that it has taken them so long to fix the issues.

I haven't gotten the red ring of death yet, and I probably will some day, but I am just going to get another 360 because it's got a lot of great things going for it.

You're missing out on some great games and features IMO...