The DSL modem and filters have arrived

Does anyone think that the fact that my house is 30 years old has anything to do with DSL not working?

The phone lines inside my house are really old.

I don't know what else to do? It's a shame that ntelos won't take care of this for me. They just sent it all to me, and said "hey you hook it up yourself."

-_-

Yep that kinda sucks, I had that same problem when I had bell south DSL, I ended up running a dedicated line from the outside box straight to my modem with no breaks in the line, it worked pretty well and I was able to run my line right beside the phone company's line so I didn't have to drill anymore holes :) that being said there could be any number of reasons why its not working, for one thing anything thats hooked into your phone line inside has to be filtered yes ?

All through the night the DSL display light on the modem kept blinking, but I came home just now and the display light is on without blinking. It's working perfectly as of right now. I guess it just needed a lot of time to connect?

This is great. Now all I need is a router so I can go wireless.

Does anyone know if the router has to be in the same room as the game consoles, or will it generally work on every device throughout the house?

All through the night the DSL display light on the modem kept blinking, but I came home just now and the display light is on without blinking. It's working perfectly as of right now. I guess it just needed a lot of time to connect?

This is great. Now all I need is a router so I can go wireless.

Does anyone know if the router has to be in the same room as the game consoles, or will it generally work on every device throughout the house?

Thats great ! I have my router in my bedroom and a hub/switch in another bedroom and 2 more hub/switches in the living room, I think you will be fine with it away from your consoles unless you live in a mansion