Atlanta Falcons DB Coach work out Clemson Free Safety Chris Clemons muiltiple times

atljbo

Prolific Clemson University free safety Chris Clemons might be one of the fastest-rising prospects leading up to the 2009 draft. One league source indicated that the 6', 208 pound native of Arcadia, Florida has really open eyes with his 40 times. Multiple scouts have clocked him between 4.37 and 4.38 in private workouts and, according to our numbers, he ran a 4.39 and 4.40 at the most recent N.F.L. combine. Clemons has had multiple private workouts with the Atlanta Falcons (DB coach) and most recently displayed his skills for the New England Patriots (DB coach and def coor). In addition, Philadelphia and New Orleans, who have a strong need for depth at safety, have set up private workouts with Chris. An anonymous scout reportedly told one of our sources: "His film work doesn't lie, he has positioned himself as a day one safety". The scout went on to mention that Clemons might be drafted much higher than most are currently expecting.

I have not heard or seen any of this before I just got here , I stay in Draft and FA Central , But I just made my pick in the IMD , and I took Chris Clemons with the 31st pick of the 4th round , I love this guy and had my figures crossed that nobody would take him. I was sweating bullets. But I got my SS, this guy is my favorite SS in the draft for where he will be picked , problem is , I think he will go up up up until the draft .No way will he last until the bottom of the 4th in the real draft . I'd love for us to get him. He is my top SS in the draft for where he will be picked , and that is how I draft .. He is also the fastest SS in the draft if I'm not mistaken, But that is not the only reason why I really like him.

I am very glad to see that we are very interested, but you can bet we are not the only one.

Isnt 208 lbs a bit light for a SS? (general question, not downing the player)

I think that Milloy was 210 at SS. I remember TD stating that he is looking for INterchangable Safties, so I dont think they are focused on only getting those huge in the box type of SS.

personally i like hamlin better. clemons definitely has better speed but i think they have comparable closing speed (hamlins is good) but hamlin has better hands and ability to create turnovers. neither of them are hard hitters and i think both of them would work well as "interchangeable safeties". hamlin is a better fit at SS though and while he doesnt have great straight line speed hes a good tackler, good in run support, breaks on the ball well and has good hands.

clemons... he has a flashy 40 time, but hamlin has better size (6'3", 214 versus 6' 208) and more room to add a bit of weight. not to mention he doesnt have very good ball skills and im not sure how good his closing speed is, but he seems to have good acceleration. hes also a pretty good tackler and, like hamlin, isnt a heavy hitter, rather is more of a wrap up guy.

i dunno, if i had to choose between the two i think i would still take hamlin. hes the better all-around player imo. clemons might have more potential if he can improve his ball skills because of his impressive straight line speed though.

-Mr. Offseason

I gotta say, every draft or player evaluation thread is made better by Mr. Offseason's posts! :)

:lol: thanks stumpjumper. i appreciate the compliment.

jbo does a great job of finding this stuff, i wouldnt know what was going on if he didnt post this stuff in tatf or nfl draft and free agency. :lol:

-Mr. Offseason

:lol: thanks stumpjumper. i appreciate the compliment.

jbo does a great job of finding this stuff, i wouldnt know what was going on if he didnt post this stuff in tatf or nfl draft and free agency. :lol:

-Mr. Offseason

(i was feeling left out...lol)

Oh ... me ? .... You are to kind my friend :lol: