Andre Smith pro day

A guy on the Jets board that I post on and is usually reliable was at the University of Alabama's pro day and he said Andre Smith clocked between 5.25 - 5.30 40 time. He said that Smith had really big breast that flopped up and down when he ran his 40.. He benched 225 18 or 19 times.. So far he's been pretty unimpressive.

what do you know... andre smith dissapointing...

this guy sounds to me like he has bust written all over him. hes definitely ot #4 right now.

-Mr. Offseason

At best. This guy has cost himself literally tens of millions of dollars since talking with an agent prior to the Sugar Bowl. He's going from about 25 million guaranteed to maybe 5 million if he's lucky.

The best thing for him might just be dropping completely out of the 1st round. Maybe that will be the wake-up call that he needs to realize that unlike his Alabama days, everything is not handed to him on a silver platter. He's got to work if he wants to make it in the NFL.

« DB coaches come to see Western Michigan’s Delmas

Oklahoma State TE Pettigrew’s workout put on hold »

Pro Days

Early signs for Alabama’s Smith not promising

Posted: Pro Days | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Alabama, Andre Smith

Andre Smith, one of the top offensive tackle prospects in this year’s draft, said he was relying on Alabama’s pro day to make up for the disappearing act he put on at the combine. Well, the first returns aren’t overly impressive.

Smith’s best 40-yard dash time was 5.28 seconds, and he put up just 19 bench-press lifts at 225 pounds. His 40 time would not have been among the top 10 performers at his position in the combine, and his bench-press reps would have put him well behind the top 10.

The rest of Smith and his Alabama teammates’ numbers from pro day will be in shortly on NFL.com.

:blink:

That imagery alone should drop him at least a few spots...

Lol right.. I was in tears when I read that. He said that some scouts from different teams were laughing about his moobs bouncing when he ran.. It was just a complete and utter fail and Andre knew it.

Meet the new Leonard Davis, he'll be a guard in 2 years tops.

Lol right.. I was in tears when I read that. He said that some scouts from different teams were laughing about his moobs bouncing when he ran.. It was just a complete and utter fail and Andre knew it.

Meet the new Leonard Davis, he'll be a guard in 2 years tops.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If he slid to #24 I would be very tempted to grab him.

Would he make for a great RT? I think he would. I don't care what his BP numbers are, he is a dominating blocker and he'd push Clabo inside to RG so our only need left on the OL would be C.

so what! how could anyone want this guy? he has one of the worst attitudes in this entire draft. sure, maybe when he gets a wake-up call he will start to maximize his potential. but who knows if hes going to get one! and if he doesnt and just decides to sit on his rookie salary and bonus money and not work harder... then youve got a huge bust on your hands.

no WAY would i touch this guy at #24. no way.

-Mr. Offseason

Once again the numbers of a combine come into play waaaay too much. Andre was the best OT in college football this year and now everyone is calling him a bust :D He started at Alabama since he was a freshman and dominated SEC defenses but because his man boobs flap people call him a bust???? He's a football player, pure and simple. IF he drops into the 20's someone will be getting a steal ;)

what do you know... andre smith dissapointing...

this guy sounds to me like he has bust written all over him. hes definitely ot #4 right now.

-Mr. Offseason

Oh come on !

This is the NFL

No freaking way do you even allow this guy on your field as a Walk on!

Lazy and Dumb do not happen in the NFL.

Watch the Ernie Davis Story,,,,,,, Again.

The part where they are looking for prospects.

That is Reality....... unless you are Al Davis ;)

Once again the numbers of a combine come into play waaaay too much. Andre was the best OT in college football this year and now everyone is calling him a bust :D He started at Alabama since he was a freshman and dominated SEC defenses but because his man boobs flap people call him a bust???? He's a football player, pure and simple. IF he drops into the 20's someone will be getting a steal ;)

I think Andre is a boom or bust type of guy who probably won't slip past 13..

That aside there's absolutely no excuse for the poor work ethic this kid has shown. You show up to the combine overweight only to show up to your pro day 4 weeks later still overweight?

What kind of example are you showing to your potential bosses that's ready to invest millions in you? At some point in time one must learn that it goes beyond just waking up and playing the game on Saturday and Sunday. You gotta be willing to do the things that need to be done Monday - Friday too.

You can have all the talent in the world but it don't mean shat when your work ethic sucks.. See Jimmy Williams, Chad Lavaleis (sp) former NO DT Johnathan Sullivan.

Would I draft him @ 24? Probably but no way would if I were a GM would I draft this kid top 5. Give me Jason Smith whom I think is the best LT in the class anyway and Eugene Monroe.. Andre will be a better RT in the pro's than a LT. Speed rushers in the NFL like John Abe, Jared Allen and D. Freeney will give him fits.

He needs a coach that's going to light a fire under his *** and keep it lit..