Stop hating Pettigrew?

Zanka

Why do yall hate Brandon Pettigrew just because he didn't come up with a good 40 time? THAT IS NOT WHAT HE IS ABOUT.

Pettigrew is not about creating seperation to catch the ball, he is about creating matchup problems. With his great size and great hands he will be a matchup nightmare for most defender and he is tough to bring down if you watch some tape with him.

I think he is definetly worth of our first round pick, and I think it is unfair for people to hate on him just because of a bad 40 time.

Why do yall hate Brandon Pettigrew just because he didn't come up with a good 40 time? THAT IS NOT WHAT HE IS ABOUT.

Pettigrew is not about creating seperation to catch the ball, he is about creating matchup problems. With his great size and great hands he will be a matchup nightmare for most defender and he is tough to bring down if you watch some tape with him.

I think he is definetly worth of our first round pick, and I think it is unfair for people to hate on him just because of a bad 40 time.

the bad 40 time just reaffirmed the fears of most scouts that he cant stretch the field. That's what you want from a first round TE. I agree that Pettigrew would add value to any team, but I just don't think he is worth first round money when this team has so many other needs. There are other guys who can do what Pettigrew does. You want real impact from a first round player, esp. at TE.

I'm a little concern that a TE noted to be a match-up problem and to have great hands did not catch single TD his senior year. Had 10 for his 4 years in college. I'm not that familiar with Okla St. Was their Qb not that good? Did Okla St not throw the ball much?

from what I remember, last year they really turned into a dynamic passing offense...

their QB Zach Robinson threw 25 TDs.... and like you said zero were to Pettigrew (who's supposed to create "matchup problems" everywhere)...

I'm a little concern that a TE noted to be a match-up problem and to have great hands did not catch single TD his senior year. Had 10 for his 4 years in college. I'm not that familiar with Okla St. Was their Qb not that good? Did Okla St not throw the ball much?

Why bother throwing to Pettigrew when its an almost guranteed TD to throw a jump ball to Dez Bryant in the endzone.

Pettigrew is a cop-beater.

Just say "no" to guy w/character issues.

Plus, we have much bigger needs then TE. We can fill that in the middle rounds and still get a starter. This is one of the deepest TE drafts ever.

I think that Pettigrew is a well balanced TE, but I would rather have Nelson who can develop into a star if he improves his blocking.

^^^^This.

Its not that I dislike the guy. Most of the hate on this board comes when someone associates him with us selecting in 1st Rd. Slow 40, off-field issues and apparently not a primary TD target on his college team are some of the reason some against him.

Someone pointed out why throw him a ball for TD when they can go to Dez Bryant...then my questions is, what value does he bring to this team when he is not even a primary target in college especially associating him with 1st rd. Not hating, just asking.

Its not that I dislike the guy. Most of the hate on this board comes when someone associates him with us selecting in 1st Rd. Slow 40, off-field issues and apparently not a primary TD target on his college team are some of the reason some against him.

Someone pointed out why throw him a ball for TD when they can go to Dez Bryant...then my questions is, what value does he bring to this team when he is not even a primary target in college especially associating him with 1st rd. Not hating, just asking.

well put, I'd be fine with him in the late 2nd. I really think that's his true value. This draft is a strong one for TEs but not at the top....

If we got him in the 1st, I would be very upset, but I'd probably talk myself into it being a great pick....

In TD I trust!!!