Vick to work with Habitat for Humanity

It would have been a greater reconciliation with his past if he volunteered to work at an animal shelter but I can see where those operating the facility would be leery. I don't understand the concept of do an unrelated good thing to cancel out a bad thing for public relations purposes.

In the end it is good that he is helping people.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:mellow:

Why does it have to be a ploy? Why can't a person seriously want to change their image? :mellow:

So...do you think its a ploy or not.... :wacko:

Is Vick a Changed Man?

Maybe Maybe not.

Vick wont be involved in dog fighting again, changed man or not.

Vick will have to change his image, ploy or not that is what he

has to do.

I aints gots no probs wid it. .... Send his azz to Cleveland !

Better yet let the punishment fit da crime.

Send him to Philly :lol:

Judging by what was stated in his post yes he does. And you'll be surprised to know how many people agree with him.

"if he gets reinstated and continues to be a part of the community I will be impressed... but until then, I refuse to believe that this isn't just a ploy to improve his image. "

Nothing surprises me when it comes to people's opinions.....I just wanted a clarification on his quote....

I hate posting about this guy but i think its important to stay up on him because of our situation with his contract, and our attempts to get some value for his rights.

Again, as much as I dislike the guy, you have to give him some credit for trying to resolve his life. He served time for a crime that many commit and recieve no punishment, and now seems to be trying to make ammends. Heres hoping he gets another shot with another orgainzation and we can get him off our roster ASAP.

Vick to work for Habitat for Humanity

Sorry if already posted.

TD

I saw that .. but I will never say I hate the guy.. dislike the guy...... On a side note, and i don't want this to start a long thread conversation on it, but how does a guy in NC get arrested for a dog fighting ring recently... 3 times the size of BAD NEWZ, charged with 14 counts, and he doesnt pay a fine, only 8 months sentenced and the other two, suspened sentence... all dogs killed and not saved.. No word from PETA, the FEDS... and that's all I'm gonna say about that... I have the artlcle to back it up.... Before you guys start, i support the Falcons with or without Vick, always have

I saw that .. but I will never say I hate the guy.. dislike the guy...... On a side note, and i don't want this to start a long thread conversation on it, but how does a guy in NC get arrested for a dog fighting ring recently... 3 times the size of BAD NEWZ, charged with 14 counts, and he doesnt pay a fine, only 8 months sentenced and the other two, suspened sentence... all dogs killed and not saved.. No word from PETA, the FEDS... and that's all I'm gonna say about that... I have the artlcle to back it up.... Before you guys start, i support the Falcons with or without Vick, always have

You should've provided the link...

Vick was the big fish in the water at the time of his arrest..these other peons are just small blips on the national radar.

Vick was the big fish in the water at the time of his arrest..these other peons are just small blips on the national radar.

what's the point of fighting crime then? You either care or you don't, right?

Just so you know, I am not taking issue with you or your comment, just the way these things work.

You should've provided the link...

http://www.pitbull-family.com/pit-bulls-in...ested-t2142.htm

link provided, wildside kennels for those who wanna research this themselves.

Vick was made a martyr for PETA because of his fame, they're STILL spending time on him instead of trying to slap this "top 10" guy with as many charges as possible, which is messed up... I hate what Vick did, but i also hate the fact that PETA exploited Vick's case for money and fame.

That said, this is possibly a marketing ploy to clean up his image, but we'll never know that and Vick IS helping people. he probably chose not to help dogs personally because of the glares he'd get from people. maybe he'll contribute financially to some animal societies once he returns to the NFL(or that other league coming soon)

That's the story

Well evidently dogfighting is not as bad as all the animal rights groups said. I mean, they don't have a problem with this supposed "Godfather" of dogfighting getting only 10 months and he pled to actual DOGFIGHTING. Amazing. They could have fought the order to put all the dogs down too, but that would have been costly and apparently not worth their time.

Although you cannot condone what YKW did. I still think that everyone deserves a second chance. I really hope that he has Really learned from the demise of his life and can change the course of his Future.

I can't condone what a lot of people have done. To be honest, I have seen much worst. I think that's what makes this board so 2 sided. Some people hate what he did, some people just hate him.

Because it's not a federal crime. When they got Vick, the FEDS created a new sheet full of crimes. That's why the state of Virginia hasn't said much. It's not like those Bricks. They can't take the dogs away, and put them back out on the streets.

I say, Vic has paid a devistating price for his involvement in the dogfighting ring , he has paid his debt . Repentance comes from the heart , GOD shows mercy to the merciful , and "let he that is without sin cast the first stone " ,a man that walks with jugdmentalness has never found mercy , because sin , comdenation , unforgiveness ,biterness promotes hate and hate is as a murderer. You cannot say I love GOD and say I hate my neighbor (Vic, etc..). Seek mercy in your life that you may find " Repentance unto Life ". God bless . ps. love covers a multitude of sin .