Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xSICKxWITHxITx

Jabari Green to the saints

I love the signing of Greer. From what I have heard from Buffalo fans, the Saints just got a major steal. A real shutdown corner.

Saints agreed to terms with CB Jabari Greer on a four-year, $23 million contract.

The Saints didn't learn their lesson with Jason David. Still desperate at CB, New Orleans adds another product of the Tampa 2. Greer is a better athlete than David, but wasn't a shutdown corner in Buffalo, missed a month and a half last year with a knee injury, and has four picks in 70 career games. He isn't a noticeable upgrade over Randall Gay, Tracy Porter, or Usama Young.Source: National Football Post pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifleft_corner_bt_player_news.gifpixel.gif

Saints agreed to terms with CB Jabari Greer on a four-year, $23 million contract.

The Saints didn't learn their lesson with Jason David. Still desperate at CB, New Orleans adds another product of the Tampa 2. Greer is a better athlete than David, but wasn't a shutdown corner in Buffalo, missed a month and a half last year with a knee injury, and has four picks in 70 career games. He isn't a noticeable upgrade over Randall Gay, Tracy Porter, or Usama Young.Source: National Football Post pixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifleft_corner_bt_player_news.gifpixel.gif

Not sure where this guy got his ill-informed opinion from. Everything I have read about Greer points to him being an athletic man-to-man guy. Every Bills fan hated losing him, and just about all of them regarded him as the best CB on the Bills team.

See responses from guys that watched him play every week on the Bills MB.... They seem to think very highly of him... even though he's not on the team anymore....

Anyway, I'm here to tell you a little about your new FA signing, Jabari Greer.

I realize there are certain fans that are borderline ********, they're all over. They make outlandish statements and homer comments that have no validity or truth. Before I make my comments about Greer, understand that I am not one of those fans.

I'm not joking here, but you secretly just acquired one of the best cover corners in the league. Jabari has literally shut down some of the best receivers in the game for us the last few years, and if you watched the botched MNF game against the Cowboys a few years ago, you would have seen Jabari completely take T.O. out of the game. Chad Johnson is another, and the list continues. He has great ballhawking skills as well, breaking up numerous passes in clutch situations to win us games (2 years ago against Miami comes to mind) and last season virtually kept us in games with 4th quarter interception returns for touchdowns (St. Louis and the Jets).

The Bills desperately wanted to resign him, but we couldn't offer him the money he was looking for and rightfully deserved. We offered him as much money as we could, but understandably have a lot of money already tied up in the CB position as it is (Terrence McGee, 1st round pick Leodis McKelvin). There isn't room for 3 all star corners on a roster with only 2 starters, and most Bills fans actually wanted us to re-sign Greer and trade or cut Terrence McGee. That's how good Greer is. Also, keep in mind the Bills never pony up for our free agent corners, and we never try to re-sign them (Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield, Jeff Burris). Jabari was good enough to be the exception.

He will be your best corner, and lock down receiver after receiver each week for you. Jabari also has the attitude needed for success. He came out of nowhere as an undrafted free agent, and worked to make the roster, and worked to move his way up from the bottom of the depth chart to the top. He's one of those players that literally forces the coaches to play him above higher picks or free agents.

I cant stand any of this right now. lets lose our good players and sign everyone elses bad ones.

congrats to him, saints have a good offense but the defense is horrible, i'm sure that greer will hold his end down

Dang. Saints i think...are going to be decent this year. Their problem has always been their secondary. They need a safety and they are set....

Good Bye Greer, you will be missed. I am not sure how anyone else feels but so far it looks like Buffalo wants to be worse this year, not better. YOu cant fill all of our needs in the draft.

congrats for greer.

it wasnt given to him. he went undrafted. he had to earn his respect as a nfl corner. and even after showing this bills staff he had what it took .... it still took an injury to the starting corner webster ( who stevland morris could tell sucked ) followed by injury/inconsistant play from youboty for greer to even get the shot. once given the chance to prove what he could do he never looked back and became ( debate ) the best starting corner the bills had.

congrats to you and may your post nfl career be healthy.

Greer I will miss you very much, you were one of my favorite players and I'll be pulling for you at all times except for when you face us. I bet you'll even make the pro bowl

A notch below a shut-down corner imo. Only WR I've ever seen burn him was Randy Moss in the 18-1 year. Completely shut down TO on MNF and most of the WRs he's on.

Jabari, IMO, was our best CB. He came up big against bigtime receivers like Moss,TO, and Chad Johnson and was consistent for the most part. He has good hands and above average footwork. Not great vs the run but a decent tackler.

From what I know about the Saints, he would without a doubt be your #1 CB.

what you can expect from greer is a solid corner that has the mentality that he cant be beat. and if he does get beat that was that play do it again. he is truely a football 1st type of guy. it wasnt about the money for him ... its about the competition.

greer lined up as the starting RC for the bills and truth be told didnt get really tested that much because as a corner he took care of the 1st job. not letting the guy you are checking get open.

now kept this in mind ... greer played on a bills team that had no pass rush. none at all. you cant cover nfl receivers all day ... but even in that case .. more times than not, opposing qb's didnt throw in his direction because his coverage was solid.

hes much better in man to man than he is in zone but he is still above average in zone coverage ... you can just tell it aint his strong suit or his passion.

hes not a complainer so he wont become a problem in the locker room. he doesnt get overly high on good plays or overly low on bad. hes a football player that seems to play for the love of the game and not hisself.

im not sure what kind of pass rush you guys have but it has to better than what the bills have had. giving a qb even less time to scan the field im pretty sure greer will work out even better for you guys. you got a real good player there. take care of him. he really is a good guy.