Starting SS already on Roster?

Somewhere in the near future this young players will have to play. The FO has most likely discided since we were 24th in totall D last yr that with the young D players we have now with the D player we draft and fill in after the draft with UFA and fillin FA before TC , that we could do that good or better ,and most likely better. ps. the future is bright ........ B)

I knew who you meant from the title of this thread.

Antoine Harris might be the best DB on this team.

Our lazy local press may not know his name.

And you are going to catch some negativity from the pretend expert fans on this board.

But Dimitrioff likes Antoine Harris.

I knew who you meant from the title of this thread.

Antoine Harris might be the best DB on this team.

Our lazy local press may not know his name.

And you are going to catch some negativity from the pretend expert fans on this board.

But Dimitrioff likes Antoine Harris.

Oh ... one caveat.

He will likely play pseudo FS if we don't sign anyone.

Moving Coleman to pseudo SS.

not even if you lived 31 yrs lil man. I played ss at westlake high school from 89-93 and later went to west georgia to play ss. Eric Willis. I'm sure if you do research you will find old newspaper clippings of me. or go to the gym at westlake and view my whole career on the wall and in the trophy case

Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. That didn't translate to him being a good GM. Not calling you out. Just saying that the fact that you were a good football player does not necessarily mean you can recognize talent.

PRESEASON.

That's all that needs to be said.

You're trying to talk that if Harris can do something in PS he can do it in the regular season just as well. I was showing the Lions went undefeated in PS and the exact opposite in the RS. The preseason doesn't mean anything when everyone is playing vanilla.
Naming him the starting safety might be pushing it, but the guy has played SS, FS and CB since he has been with the Falcons. And has played well IMHO. So, I wouldn't just assume he doesn't have a chance of starting either.

during the 2007 season Harris was the nickel back and backup saftey that played a lot. He did pretty good, he showed good ball skills and did not mind hitting people. He is bigger and much faster than Milloy so why would he not do as well or better? Milloy was a liability in pass coverage and Harris would certainly be better and he has playing experience. Anyone drafted would have to learn the NFL game. Harris could be the answer until a rookie is ready.

whats so bad about Harris. have you ever seen him get burned or ran over in the preseason or regular season. No you probally don't know much about him at all because you are not a student of the game you just talk

ya i aw him get burned against seattle 2 years ago

I can't believe that you guys are giving this guy so much crap when half the board wanted DJ Shockley to start last season.

Personally I liked Harris while Petrino was here but I believe that he was playing the Nickel at the time, and that position is filled. I don't have any memory of him playing Safety for Atlanta, however I do know that he is good on specials.

He was behind milloy his first year and hurt last year. If a player flys around and hit people in preseason I'm sure he can do it in the regular season as well.

Let him compete. One thing you have to think about is, players do get hurt. He may get banged up and have to play injured all year. Or he may not make the cut. I'm not sure about putting all my faith into somebody who hasn't been around the ball that much. We have a better chance at drafting somebody who will develop a name for themself.

But yall want Nicholas to get his chance and the only great amount of time we have seen from him at OLB is in the preseason. Why cant Harris be a diamond in a rough.
That is b/c Nicholas actually has a legit chance to take one of the OLB spots and Harris is not even being considered for a S spot..

doesn't coaching play into how well these young players will develop. I am one of those that think we should be a little busier in the FA but I do trust the FO to do the right thing. with that being said I think given the fact that staff and FO thinks we can be better on both sides of the ball this upcoming season we should take the wait and see approach. If we manage to have a draft similar to last seasons we will be better. I don't think its about the players we get as much as it is about how well the coaching staff can get the players to buy into the team concept. If this happens these guys that aren't well known stars will be.

Antoine Harris has always been a beast in the preseason. And he will earn the job period. The only way he won't. Is if we move coleman over to SS and sign another FS. Just my opinion. God bless the castaways!

I'm with you. I think our team will be as good next season as they were this year. and we will do it w/o making any major changes to either side of the ball. I