Mike Peterson?

Granted I don't want the team to get older, but why is everyone so quick to neg the idea of bringing in a guy that is older? We don't need to bring the player in for 5 years, a 2 year deal where the player could be a stop-gap for younger players isn't a terrible idea. Look at grady, he was really old and did fairly well for us. If we don't have anyone to play there, and an older guy is available who can get the job done for 1 or maybe two years, i don't see the problem.

Granted I don't want the team to get older, but why is everyone so quick to neg the idea of bringing in a guy that is older? We don't need to bring the player in for 5 years, a 2 year deal where the player could be a stop-gap for younger players isn't a terrible idea. Look at grady, he was really old and did fairly well for us. If we don't have anyone to play there, and an older guy is available who can get the job done for 1 or maybe two years, i don't see the problem.

the problem is we have a MLB........peterson cant play OLB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grady did not play well for us unless you call constantly getting pushed around one-on-one by guys half his size good.

Yeah let's bring in a MLB who is 10 years older and more expensive than the talented one we already have.

Your sarcasm is misplaced...

I don't think anyone is pushing for Peterson to be signed and to have him start over Lofton. I myself think that idea is stupid...

But if we're not looking to make him a starter, we're definitely not going to sign him to starter money...

The fact that he's 10 years older assures us that he'd be a back-up...

The only negative I can see is that him being a back-up LB, would lend itself to playing special teams...

That's something I'm really not too sure he'd be willing to do...