If he is there with the 24th (which i think he will be) we have to take him. He plays a **** of a lot faster than his 40 time and started out as a wlb for the bucks and tore it up. I actually think he would have been a top 5 pick if was kept on the outside.....

His value is worth the 24th pick and he is a playmaker we really need a lb.

feedback plz

JL plays similar to Boley.... both are better in coverage. neither get off blocks well and JL is much slower than anybody anticipated. This guy has bust written ALL over him if he tries to play WLB in cover 2.

If you were disappointed with Boley.... you do NOT want JL. its as simple as that.

JL plays similar to Boley.... both are better in coverage. neither get off blocks well and JL is much slower than anybody anticipated. This guy has bust written ALL over him if he tries to play WLB in cover 2.

If you were disappointed with Boley.... you do NOT want JL. its as simple as that.

I do not think JL 40 time accurately shows his lateral quickness. He did just fine in the cone drills at the combine. If he fell to us in the second round, I would totally take a flier on him. Connor ran slow last year and dropped like a rock... I don't see Lauranites dropping quite like that, but if we were able to draft Delmas in the first and Lauranites in the 2nd I would be happy.

i like clint sintim better. he has done more for his team than the 3 usc boys. he has twice as many sacks and more tackles for lost. you got to be very skillfull and possess the proper technics to be able to collect that many sacks as an outside linebacker. even larry enlish didn't have that many sacks. lawrence taylor had lest career sacks than sintim when he played in college. sintim is special and i hope we draft him.

sintim's stats:

games-12

tackles-70

tfl____13

sacks_11

cushing's stats:

games_13

tackles_73

tfl_____10.5

sacks_3

matthew's stats:

games_13

tackles_56

tfl_____9

sacks_4.5

maualuga's stats:

games_12

tackles_79

tfl_____2.5

sacks_0

TD has said that a player has had a bad Combine wont rise or fall much on their draft board. If indeed JL was high on their list prior to the Combine they'd still probably take him.

I would love it if he'd fall to our 1st round pick because I don't think Cushing is going to be there.

right but if he falls on everyone elses board, we might not have to take him in the 1st

Dan Morgan is a good comparison, cause that's the knock on Cushing, that he is maxed out physically and his body might not hold up given his style of play.

I would take Brooking in his prime over the injury prone Dan Morgan anyday.... people here are so quick to forget that Brooking was a very solid contributor not too long ago. If Lauranites can emulate that I would be all for it.

I do not think JL 40 time accurately shows his lateral quickness. He did just fine in the cone drills at the combine. If he fell to us in the second round, I would totally take a flier on him. Connor ran slow last year and dropped like a rock... I don't see Lauranites dropping quite like that, but if we were able to draft Delmas in the first and Lauranites in the 2nd I would be happy.

You are comparing JL to Conner, a guy that still displayed more speed that JL and is currently a backup at MLB. JL is not a good enough athlete to play OLB. Despite the value you would get with him in the second round, what good would it do if he is a MLB like Curtis Loften? So you want 2 second round picks at MLB when only one guy can play at a time?

I like Cushing more than Matthews, but I would rather have one of those guys or Tyrone McKenzie at OLB instead of JL. There have been numerous guys that are big time in college and just did not have the athletic ability to transfer over to the NFL. I'm not saying I don't think JL can play, but his workouts did not surprise me, he is a MLB and needs to stay there if he hopes to have an NFL career. The Falcons need too much on D to experiment with him on the outside.

I really don't want to see the Falcons use the #24 on a LB. I don't see any that I really would pick. Cushing comes with his own medical staff, Matthews MAY be very good, but he still has ?? for me, JL may need some time to adjust to the pro game and I don't think he has enough speed to play OLB in a cover 2.

I'd rather the Falcons grab Jerry if availalbe or even get the OC from Cal than one of the LBs.

Bring an Ohio St. product home says the man living in Ohio. LOL. He sucks and will be a bust at the next level. He's another Katzenmoyer/Bobby Carpenter. Just because you play with a high motor doesn't mean you are any good. He's slow laterally and doesn't have catch up speed. He's a decent player who will be there when we draft 24th because he doesn't deserve to go in the first round and he won't. A waste of a pick. Stephen Nicholas is a lot better than he is, it would be an utter waste of a pick.