Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OhiO**FalcOn

James Laurinaitis

50 posts in this topic

No we want Cushing and I'll be PISSED if the Bucs grab him before us. Laurinaitus looked slow on the field forget his 40 time. When he was "blitzing" against Texas i thought for a second I was watching women's soccer

yep....CUshing is 9032840384920859483x better than JL

Cushing won't be a bust at all - how many times do I have to say it - Ken Norton said Cushing was the best linebacker he ever coached, including Malauga, Rivers and Tatupa

And I'm a Buckeye fan too. I hope JL becomes a good player but I don't see him doing anything better than Hawk , who everyone had such high hopes for

hahaha he will be a bust when he fails to see the field for multiple injury reasons...

i seriously hope tampa gets him cause he will be non existant, the only reason why he is even mentioned is cause he played on a great defense and could roam around and make plays. Put him on a mediocre defense and he will be a big upset

If he is there with the 24th (which i think he will be) we have to take him. He plays a **** of a lot faster than his 40 time and started out as a wlb for the bucks and tore it up. I actually think he would have been a top 5 pick if was kept on the outside.....

His value is worth the 24th pick and he is a playmaker we really need a lb.

"Started out as" is the key here. I don't think he has the coverage skills to play outside.

If he is there with the 24th (which i think he will be) we have to take him. He plays a **** of a lot faster than his 40 time and started out as a wlb for the bucks and tore it up. I actually think he would have been a top 5 pick if was kept on the outside.....

His value is worth the 24th pick and he is a playmaker we really need a lb.

feedback plz

JL is an ilb and dosent have the speed to play either outside spot

James L= Keith Brooking

I rather have the next Dan Morgan (Cushing) if healthy or the next Brian Urlacher (Matthews)

****** TD

Atl/0 likes this

James L= Keith Brooking

I rather have the next Dan Morgan (Cushing) if healthy or the next Brian Urlacher (Matthews)

Good call...

yes thats the reason he was a nonfactor in the sb and got trucked in almost every play, the only good play was the forced fumble, a really great one, but that was the steelers trying to run to the right almost all the time, dont get me wrong he is a really good player, but i prefer other lbs like lance briggs or thomas davis over him.

YEah he was a bigger impact

While we have Peria Jerry. Matthews isn't the same as Urlacher but in terms of impact he's better. How much impact does Jerry have who's three years older as well.

TD really f**ked up this one. This one as bad as McKay drafting JA98 over P. Willis and D. Revis.

yes thats the reason he was a nonfactor in the sb and got trucked in almost every play, the only good play was the forced fumble, a really great one, but that was the steelers trying to run to the right almost all the time, dont get me wrong he is a really good player, but i prefer other lbs like lance briggs or thomas davis over him.

What about Lofton or Weatherspoon?

:wacko:

Atl/0 likes this

Just wanted to point out at the draft Matthews was 240 lbs at the draft. Don't think anyone had him as a 4-3 DE. He also only started at USC for one year. He was far from some sure thing. There's a reason that, what, 25 different teams passed on him.

Great player, but stop acting like anyone knew what type of player he would turn out to be.

Power I, Geneaut and ATLBrave like this

Just wanted to point out at the draft Matthews was 240 lbs at the draft. Don't think anyone had him as a 4-3 DE. He also only started at USC for one year. He was far from some sure thing. There's a reason that, what, 25 different teams passed on him.

Great player, but stop acting like anyone knew what type of player he would turn out to be.

^this.

Captain Falcon likes this

I couldn't say it better myself. There are fans every year that moan about their favorite team passing on a certain player. Step back and take a look at the big picture. If everyone knew what Clay Matthews would be he would've been a top three pick. If Peria Jerry had turned out what we hoped he would be our Warren Sapp. The fact is, you scout and make an educated selection. You can't be sure of what will happen.

I honestly think scouting is getting better as the years go by. That's why we had the offensive and defensive rookies of the year go one and two in the past draft.

4-3 DE? No, he didn't look like a 4-3 DE. He did, however, look like a very good 4-3 OLB which is what he would have played for us and what we desperately needed, hence the 1st rd OLB the next year. That said, to the folks who said he is a bigger impact guy than Urlacher was, I'm guessing you didn't see Brian play much his first couple years. He was a play-making fool from the word go.