Why would we get rid of Boley?

Ok they are really starting to make some very stupid moves now....

Did you actually watch a Falcons game last season?!?!? In our new system, Boley was arguably the biggest liability on the field....... He was horrible.... In fact, I can;t remember one good performance from Boley last year..... He looked good in the past, but last season was GLARING proof that he is NOT a LB that can anchor the Sam spot in the new defense.....

Both outside LB spots were in SERIOUS need of an upgrade..... TD got us off to the right start drafting a jack-hammer of a MLB (Lofton) last season.... Now it's time to get some killers at the Sam and the Will.....

What you see as a "stupid" move, proves that you know absolutely NOTHING about NFL football......

Most "fans" with limited knowlege of the game do not realize that just because a player looks great in one system, means that he will work in ANY system.... TD made that VERY clear when he took the job.... The FO looks for guys who fit the character, the mindset, and the MOLD for each position.... In the Pats org. (and the philosophy TD brought from NE), not every great player is great for YOUR system..... Everyone has a very clear and defined role and must fit it to a tee....

In other words, YOU CAN'T FIT A SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE.

These guys know what they are doing...... Trust them...... The people making these decisions have more NFL smarts in their pinkie finger than you will ever aquire in a lifetime..... That's not a knock on you, it's just how it is.

Did you actually watch a Falcons game last season?!?!? In our new system, Boley was arguably the biggest liability on the field....... He was horrible.... In fact, I can;t remember one good performance from Boley last year..... He looked good in the past, but last season was GLARING proof that he is NOT a LB that can anchor the Sam spot in the new defense.....

Both outside LB spots were in SERIOUS need of an upgrade..... TD got us off to the right start drafting a jack-hammer of a MLB (Lofton) last season.... Now it's time to get some killers at the Sam and the Will.....

What you see as a "stupid" move, proves that you know absolutely NOTHING about NFL football......

Most "fans" with limited knowlege of the game do not realize that just because a player looks great in one system, means that he will work in ANY system.... TD made that VERY clear when he took the job.... The FO looks for guys who fit the character, the mindset, and the MOLD for each position.... In the Pats org. (and the philosophy TD brought from NE), not every great player is great for YOUR system..... Everyone has a very clear and defined role and must fit it to a tee....

In other words, YOU CAN'T FIT A SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE.

These guys know what they are doing...... Trust them...... The people making these decisions have more NFL smarts in their pinkie finger than you will ever aquire in a lifetime..... That's not a knock on you, it's just how it is.

Well said Hop.

I like Boley but he doesn't fit or scheme. Wish him well in NY...and even if he plays well in NY doesn't mean that he would have played well for us, it is all about the scheme

You mean the same Boley that wanted a big contract and played terrible last year? The same one that let his backup take his starting spot?
No the Boley that played his as off under Mora and Quitrino. The same one Tom Coughlin just paid $5M a year and said he will anchor their WLB spot. Watch him go totally off.

Makes you wonder about TD, Smitty, Van Gorder or the LB coach. One of them probably needs to get fired.

Ya'll just need to trust in TD and MS. Boley was playing like garbage in his contract yerar, when a career back-up takes your spot on 1st and 2nd, you've got big problems. We will find a Smart, head-busting, mean as a rattlesnake, wrap-up tackling machine, that will fit our Bend-Don't Break scheme. Two of them for that matter.

List of OLB's who could help us big time (FA or Prospect):

FA's:

(WLB) Cato June

(SLB) Angelo Crowell

Draft:

(SLB) Clint Sintim

(SLB)Brian Cushing

(WLB) Zack Follett

(WLB) Dannell Ellerbe

(SLB) James Laurinaitis

(SLB) Jasper Brinkley

We've got to get a good Sam backer. We could get Cato June in FA and pick up Cushing or Laurinaitis with our first pick. I would rather have Laurinaitis, he is proven, experienced, and durable.

No the Boley that played his as off under Mora and Quitrino. The same one Tom Coughlin just paid $5M a year and said he will anchor their WLB spot. Watch him go totally off.

Makes you wonder about TD, Smitty, Van Gorder or the LB coach. One of them probably needs to get fired.

You can't be serious?

Its great that he played well for Mora and Quitrino but the team played better for TD, Smitty, Van Gorder and our LB coach. Have you all ready forgotten that the team that you call yourself a "fan since 1970" was the laughing stock of the league when they inherited it. The Falcons were expected to pick 1st in the draft. TD and Smitty and the bunch took them to the playoffs in 1 season with brilliant off season moves and excellent coaching. You are going to discount that because they let a player go that played better for the other coaches....you can't be serious....

I don't understand why people can be so upset about us letting a guy go hopefully reignite his career in another system when he obviously didn't fit in ours. This makes no sense....let the guy go elsewhere and be sucessful, because his career was going to die here under these coaches.

I think everyone has mentioned the important points, but just in case. Boley wasn't working out for what Smitty and VanGorder were trying to do. He didn't fit the new system. It showed the most when Wire took over in his spot and performed well.

I'm not going to go too much into his off-the-field incident from last offseason. We are trying to keep the franchise as clean as possible.

Good luck in New York Boley.

I don't understand why people can be so upset about us letting a guy go hopefully reignite his career in another system when he obviously didn't fit in ours. This makes no sense....let the guy go elsewhere and be sucessful, because his career was going to die here under these coaches.

I know ,it would have been crazy to give Boley that kind of contract

For a system he didn't fit in. For me the jury is still out on whether

Van Gorder can coach at the NFL level,but he does need the right

Type of Lb's for his system to work.