Falcons pursuing Antonio Smith

falconfan31yrs

i was just on espn insider and saw nothing........somewhere earlier today said we were one of like three teams requesting Antonio Smith to visit....

Last report I saw had Antonio in Houston to visit the Texans - also that the Cardinals would like to re-sign him.......

does not sound too promising if you ask me....

i was just on espn insider and saw nothing........somewhere earlier today said we were one of like three teams requesting Antonio Smith to visit....

Last report I saw had Antonio in Houston to visit the Texans - also that the Cardinals would like to re-sign him.......

does not sound too promising if you ask me....

go back on there and read again

go back on there and read again

found it - this is from profootballtalk and is probably about 10 hours old...........I know that since then I have read about Antonio Smith going to Houston today and that the Texans want to pair him up with Mario Willams as bookend DEs - also that Arizona would still like to re-sign him.

This is why I say Falcons seem to be on down the list - IMHO

anyway, here is what ESPN insider says which is a regurgitation of a 10 hour old article from PFT:

Smith mulling his options

Antonio Smith | Cardinals | Interested: Buccaneers? Eagles? Giants? Texans? Falcons?

A league source has told Pro Football Talk that Antonio Smith is currently ranking the teams who've expressed interest in him, and he will be devising his visitation schedule soon.

The list of teams who are believed to be in the running for Smith are the Atlanta Falcons, Houston Texans, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Smith's former defensive coordinator with the Arizona Cardinals, Clancy Pendergast, has been brought to the Kansas City Chiefs as part of Todd Haley's "we don't need no stinkin' job titles" coaching regime, but there have not been rumors linking Smith to the Chiefs as of yet.

Smith had 41 tackles and 3.5 sacks for the NFC champions during 2008, but the team has youngster Calais Campbell chomping at the bit to get more playing time.

found it - this is from profootballtalk and is probably about 10 hours old...........I know that since then I have read about Antonio Smith going to Houston today and that the Texans want to pair him up with Mario Willams as bookend DEs - also that Arizona would still like to re-sign him.

This is why I say Falcons seem to be on down the list - IMHO

anyway, here is what ESPN insider says which is a regurgitation of a 10 hour old article from PFT:

Smith mulling his options

Antonio Smith | Cardinals | Interested: Buccaneers? Eagles? Giants? Texans? Falcons?

A league source has told Pro Football Talk that Antonio Smith is currently ranking the teams who've expressed interest in him, and he will be devising his visitation schedule soon.

The list of teams who are believed to be in the running for Smith are the Atlanta Falcons, Houston Texans, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Smith's former defensive coordinator with the Arizona Cardinals, Clancy Pendergast, has been brought to the Kansas City Chiefs as part of Todd Haley's "we don't need no stinkin' job titles" coaching regime, but there have not been rumors linking Smith to the Chiefs as of yet.

Smith had 41 tackles and 3.5 sacks for the NFC champions during 2008, but the team has youngster Calais Campbell chomping at the bit to get more playing time.

Uh oh, he only had 1.5 more sacks than Anderson, so he must suck... :huh: