OLB Angelo Crowell? Did he sign somewhere?

It's not about stats...its about effectiveness. I generally agree with you on these boards so I know you know what you're talking about but I have to ask what specifically is driving your desire for him? Is it the numbers or have you had a chance to see him play a lot?

Comparative analysis via stats only.. Not a perfect barometer of course ^_^

Those are some hefty stats I posted, by the way. There isnt another 1st time free agent linebacker (which is where I think you find value and deals) who can match his stats.

Maybe they dont tell the story, but I would say they explain 75- 80% of who he is as a player.

Comparative analysis via stats only.. Not a perfect barometer of course ^_^

Those are some hefty stats I posted, by the way. There isnt another 1st time free agent linebacker (which is where I think you find value and deals) who can match his stats.

Maybe they dont tell the story, but I would say they explain 75- 80% of who he is as a player.

Ok. Fair enough.

Like I said I think he would be valuable....I just wouldnt break the bank for him. I've seen him make some heads up nice plays and I've also seen him struggle. If we could get him for under 5 then I guess I'd be ok with that. If we start to creep north to 7ish then I'd be disappointed.

I havent really heard much about him during this period....any rumblings?

Ok. Fair enough.

Like I said I think he would be valuable....I just wouldnt break the bank for him. I've seen him make some heads up nice plays and I've also seen him struggle. If we could get him for under 5 then I guess I'd be ok with that. If we start to creep north to 7ish then I'd be disappointed.

I havent really heard much about him during this period....any rumblings?

The Vilma signing being for about 7 million a year has really set the market for free agent linebackers.. Bart Scott got 8 million a year over 5 years. I really dont think that Crowell will get more than those 2 guys.

He should sign for 4 years, 22 million with about 8 million guaranteed.

The Falcons should jump all over that. Question is, Does Crowell want to go from Buffalo, all the way down to Atlanta?

Maybe, maybe not.

The Vilma signing being for about 7 million a year has really set the market for free agent linebackers.. Bart Scott got 8 million a year over 5 years. I really dont think that Crowell will get more than those 2 guys.

He should sign for 4 years, 22 million with about 8 million guaranteed.

The Falcons should jump all over that. Question is, Does Crowell want to go from Buffalo, all the way down to Atlanta?

Maybe, maybe not.

Yeah i think he would. He'd be giving a chance to start on a team that is set to compete for foreseeable future. Plus for whatever reason there seems to be a continuous talent exchange between the Bills and the Falcons....

If we could do that deal I think I'd be ok with it. I think he wants to get paid and will gloss over his injury (though not that bad its still a factor) and look for 6, 6.5. But yeah at 5, 5.5 I guess I'd do the deal and through him next to Lofton. Then you draft another LBer and you've got a very strong group of young backers to build on.

Espn Insider Information on Pierre Woods

Pierre Woods | LB Complete player profile

Full Name: Pierre M. Woods

Born: January 6, 1982

Cleveland, OH

Height: 6-5

Weight: 250 lbs. Age: 27

Pos: LB

Experience: 3 years

College: Michigan

Insider Analysis

Grade 53

Expert's Take Woods has been primarily used as a special teams player, where he has excelled over the past three seasons. He has good size and strength for the position, but only average athleticism. He does have good straight-line speed on coverage units, but lacks great lateral agility and quickness as a coverage defender. He is a tough, hard-nosed player who has pop and power as a tackler.

50-59: Good Backup

This is a player who is really on the bubble and only starts because of a deficiency at the position. ... He lacks complete overall skills, and although he will battle, he will hinder his team's ability to play at a championship level if he is forced to be in the starting lineup consistently over a 16-game season. Teams don't mind having him on the roster but are always looking to upgrade.

Cool little bit of info.

Do you mind putting up the other folks they have on there?

I wouldn't mind seeing what they have to say about the other OLB's that we are probably looking at.

I agree. I also like Crowell, and Burnette. I got flamed for them earlier. Didnt I Swarzz32?

I think it's a good idea to pick up a couple of OLB. We need them through FA or the draft and a veterian would be nice. I just get a little irritated when people think a MLB can play SAM or WIL or vise versa. Very different positions with very different requirements.

Sorry if I was harsh earlier. Long day at work.

BTW...just playing about it being a failure. Just attempting to impersonate some people on the boards in case people didn't pick up on it.

But honestly, I would love to have Crowell here.

yeah sorry... sarcasm doesn't translate to text very well.... in all honesty I would love Crowell, but the impression I am getting is that the teams plan is in a slightly different direction.

Eh his knee problems weren't really major. Buffalo brass went crazy and threw him on IR.

Yeah he's made a few plays and he's also missed some. Like I said not anyone I'd break the bank for.

Where in buffalo are you from? I lived in Rochester my entire life before coming to Illinois for law school.

I am in the williamsville area(30 minutes from orchard park 20 min from clarence center)

yea it wasnt major knee injury and bills brass did over react but he still just an average player...

I am in the williamsville area(30 minutes from orchard park 20 min from clarence center)

yea it wasnt major knee injury and bills brass did over react but he still just an average player...

Solid. I dated a girl from Williamsville when I was in college and I have a ton of friends from the general B-lo area.