ITS OFFICIAL! BROOKING IS GONE!

Okay, I see the abundance of WLB out there beating our door down. By the way, can you name me three WLB that are available that are better than Brooking???

Takeo spikes,49ers, Nate Webster, Broncos, Jonothan Vilma, Saints, Bart Scott, Steelers, Angelo Crowell, Bills, Kevin Burnette, Cowboys, Mike Peterson, Jags, need some more "dude"? B)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the problem with you people. No loyalty, Glad see you guys back on the bandwagon, because fans that have been by this team, and seen the way keith hurts when this team hurts, just wouldnt jump like that, **** the only true face of the franchise weve had since the hammer, and you guys turn coat so quick... but so quick to defend some of the craziest **** ever.. and you know what i mean... go win a championship keith, you deserve it.

Gotta agree with Russ on this one, it's sad to see Brooking go.

Low post count + bandwagon tendencies + lack of knowledge and loyalty = Noob???

Coincidence??

Just because i dont sit around and post 10000 posts does not mean crap. Ive been a falcon fan since the days Bartkowskie, Riggs,Miller, Kenn, Billy white shoes. Ive been reading these boards probably longer than you mr/mrs 10000 posts. Noob? not hardly buddy. B)

Takeo spikes,49ers, Nate Webster, Broncos, Jonothan Vilma, Saints, Bart Scott, Steelers, Angelo Crowell, Bills, Kevin Burnette, Cowboys, Mike Peterson, Jags, need some more "dude"? B)

Wow, wow, woooowoooww. I don't like calling people out but you are a ******.

Do you understand there is a HUGE difference in LB positions? Do you understand that there is a difference between a weak side linebacker, a strong side linebacker and a middle linebacker? Not to mention a 3 - 4 OLB has totally different responsibilities as a 4 - 3 OLB???

Now, can you name 3 or better 4 - 3 WLB that are playing the game??? You understand that it is a big deal that Brooking moved from OLB to ILB back to OLB and that there might be 4 or 5 other guys in the league that could pull that off and not totally suck?

I wouldn't get too excited Brooking haters. This was expected. TD wanted to resign him at the right price. The 2 sides couldn't agree so Brooking is testing the waters to see what he's worth on the open market. He could still be back if he doesn't get any better offers.

Bingo , you said it friend , I was just headed down to say what you did. They will let him see what he is offered and then decide if they want him for that price, he will bring in some cash , you can count on that. He deserves it, He is one of the top LBers in the NFL .

I kind of exspected this also. and Hope when it is all said and done he is still wearing Red and Black . Don't be surprised if he stays home .

I by some chance he dose not return , It will be the worst day of my Falcon Fan life. Other than the day we drafted Vick and passed on LT.

Do you understand there is a HUGE difference in LB positions? Do you understand that there is a difference between a weak side linebacker, a strong side linebacker and a middle linebacker? Not to mention a 3 - 4 OLB has totally different responsibilities as a 4 - 3 OLB???

Now, can you name 3 or better 4 - 3 WLB that are playing the game??? You understand that it is a big deal that Brooking moved from OLB to ILB back to OLB and that there might be 4 or 5 other guys in the league that could pull that off and not totally suck?

You beat me to it.

Why can't people read? People keep updating what we already know and the AJC capitalizes on that. They could not agree on a contract so both sides decided to let the free market run it's course to determine a truer value. Quite possibly he may sign with another team and just as probable he may re sign with the Falcons. He has not signed a contract with any team so nothing is final. In fact, there isn't anything in the rumor mill about him visiting other teams yet. I am sure as soon as that happens, many will simply assume once again that he has signed with the team instead of just simply visiting that them.

“We have had ongoing dialogue with the Falcons, but we are both seeking more clarity on his market value,” wrote Brooking’s agent Pat Dye Jr. in an e-mail to the Journal Constitution. “At this juncture, it appears we will try to find that clarity by exploring the free agent marketplace.”

I'm sad we are losing Brooking, but I'm excited about the possibility of not seeing a hundred "Brookings SUX" topics on the front page of TATF. I'm sure the pessimists out there will find somebody else to hate with all their heart and blame all of our losses on.

He's not gone yet , I'll still be surpriced if he don't resign here. I think he is just finding out what we need to pay him. Have faith man.

Bingo , you said it friend , I was just headed down to say what you did. They will let him see what he is offered and then decide if they want him for that price, he will bring in some cash , you can count on that. He deserves it, He is one of the top LBers in the NFL .

I kind of exspected this also. and Hope when it is all said and done he is still wearing Red and Black . Don't be surprised if he stays home .

I by some chance he dose not return , It will be the worst day of my Falcon Fan life. Other than the day we drafted Vick and passed on LT.

Yep, the KB haters can get their laughs in now, but I suspect they won't be laughing last.

thats the problem with you people. No loyalty, Glad see you guys back on the bandwagon, because fans that have been by this team, and seen the way keith hurts when this team hurts, just wouldnt jump like that, **** the only true face of the franchise weve had since the hammer, and you guys turn coat so quick... but so quick to defend some of the craziest **** ever.. and you know what i mean... go win a championship keith, you deserve it.

Dont talk about Bandwagons... you have obama as your avatar.

I would not want Brooking on the field even as a backup with the falcons, hes lost most of his skills and recognition, and he wants too much money, its a business, he faliled at his job and wouldnt renegotiate his contract to fit his skill level so we let him go. get over it, we can start a undrafted rookie in his place and get more production

Being excited about the departure of one of the classiest players on the team is classless.

What about being excited about having an extra 5-7 Million to throw at free agents can we be excited about that?

Brooking was great the the key word there is WAS.

He got paid handsomely for his contributions, and I have not enjoyed watching his game decline the last 2 years.

I trust in Dimitroff and Smith are doing the right thing.

Most of those guys i named has played WLB at some point in their career, and would do better than Brooking. Crowell is a huge upgrade at WLB over your boy( 3rd and 16, getting beat by backup running backs, pile diving, cant cover any tight end in the league) #56. :P

What about being excited about having an extra 5-7 Million to throw at free agents can we be excited about that?

Brooking was great the the key word there is WAS.

He got paid handsomely for his contributions, and I have not enjoyed watching his game decline the last 2 years.

I trust in Dimitroff and Smith are doing the right thing.

agreed, and well said. Finally someone with a brain.

He said better.... Takeo? Please. I'll give you JV but I'm not sold on ANY of the others you mention above. Bart Scott is a big name this year but I feel he is extremely overrated. Time will tell.

OH, and KB will be back!

Some of you guys talk like you know more football than any one on this board or anyone known to man. Give me a break, Brooking is going to part ways with us just so he can test the free agency and then come back to us at the right price? Are you freaking kidding me? Brooking wants to be a starting linebacker with his "Gas left in the tank" talk. TD and Smitty told him, we will keep you as a back up guy for less money but not as a starting linebacker. Brooking will be a Seahawk or 49er so its all good.