Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nolafan33

***NOLA's POST COMBINE MOCK***

50 posts in this topic

Your analysis was complete garbage, just like the guy I'm responding to here. Anybody who includes "pocket presence" as one of his weaknesses doesn't know what they are talking about. Sorry, that's just honesty. Likewise the assertion that he refuses to throw to his check downs is stupid too. If you don't like the criticism, don't make the comment. But it's a stupid comment. I'm not going to apologize if your feelings are hurt by it.

What ARE his weaknesses? Overthrowing or underthrowing his receivers on deep routes... less than perfect footwork, making aggressive throws that sometimes are tipped and picked off... those are real weaknesses. Pocket presence and inability to make reads are just idiotic fabrications.

Not only that, but Stafford's decline in numbers for his Junior year can be attributed to the offensive line.

It was seriously depleted by injuries.

I even had a former classmate starting, even though he's considered a freshman.

Your analysis was complete garbage, just like the guy I'm responding to here. Anybody who includes "pocket presence" as one of his weaknesses doesn't know what they are talking about. Sorry, that's just honesty. Likewise the assertion that he refuses to throw to his check downs is stupid too. If you don't like the criticism, don't make the comment. But it's a stupid comment. I'm not going to apologize if your feelings are hurt by it.

:lol:

You really are another stupid homer. Even Mike Mayock talked about how Stafford's eyes drop when pressure is coming at him, and he gets more concerned about the bodies around him, rather than what is happening down-field.

You just don't know what you're talking about. Not once did I say Stafford was a terrible prospect. I simply mentioned his weakness (or the areas that he could improve). Mike Mayock and Todd McShay even pointed out most of these same things weeks ago.

Stop being a homer, and get over the fact that Stafford couldn't lead UGA and all that talent to their first title in a million years.

Sic 'em!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I've watched his games, I'm not a parrot. He's not consistently willing to take the hit, I've watched him get molested by a defensive line and him fall all over himself to get out of the way resulting in an interception.

I NEVER questioned his ability to read a defense...except under pressure he panics more than most, when given a clean pocket he's fine. I never questioned his accuracy...under pressure when he's flinching to avoid contact he will pull out of a throw early causing it to be errant.

Specifically against Tennessee (who sucked horribly this year) he looked like he was afraid for his life out there. Against Florida he was a disgrace. Against Alabama and ASU he never looked like he settled into the pocket. I don't remember every game, but I remember those things jumping out at me. Yeah it's not all the time, if he was like that all the time he wouldn't be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft.

I don't dislike Stafford, in fact I like him, but doesn't mean he's without flaws, take off your Rose colored glasses and walk in the real world with me.

You're not in the real world, you're in a world fabricated by idiotic opinions on a message board. This place is filled with more "experts" than an insane asylum can handle. People who don't even know the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 offering their "analysis" on a QB's mechanics... complete garbage. You lost all credibility in this discussion when you compared him to Brady Quinn in arm strength and pocket presence.

You really are another stupid homer. Even Mike Mayock talked about how Stafford's eyes drop when pressure is coming at him, and he gets more concerned about the bodies around him, rather than what is happening down-field.

You just don't know what you're talking about. Not once did I say Stafford was a terrible prospect. I simply mentioned his weakness (or the areas that he could improve). Mike Mayock and Todd McShay even pointed out most of these same things weeks ago.

Stop being a homer, and get over the fact that Stafford couldn't lead UGA and all that talent to their first title in a million years.

Sic 'em!!!!

Yeah, you're a real bright one. Funny that you try to make me "angry" by talking about UGA and the national title... how does that relate to this discussion? Carry on though... I'm sure your content only gets richer with each moronic post.

Oh, and grow some skin nancy.

Don't post that! D^3 may not be able to sleep tonight knowing that there's a chance Stafford doesn't go #1.

He'll call you an idiot if you don't lick Stafford's feet.

BTW, NOLA, sorry for hijacking your thread. This isn't a bad mock. I think Jenkins to NO is a great pick for them.

Yeah, you're a real bright one. Funny that you try to make me "angry" by talking about UGA and the national title... how does that relate to this discussion? Carry on though... I'm sure your content only gets richer with each moronic post.

Oh, and grow some skin nancy.

The fact that you get so defensive when someone mentions Stafford as not being all that is so funny.

The fact that you get so defensive when someone mentions Stafford as not being all that is so funny.

Who got defensive? You were the one who brought up your old wounds because you're bitter that I made a rebuke of your "analysis."

Who got defensive? You were the one who brought up your old wounds because you're bitter that I made a rebuke of your "analysis."

No, I wanted to point it out to others that this isn't the first time you've gone childish because someone didn't worship Stafford. That's all.

You attacked me because you didn't agree with me on what Stafford needed to work on. You couldn't carry on a decent discussion, so you don't deserve anything better.

Again, somebody in the minority trying to be right in the off chance that Stafford isn't the #1 pick. I don't know why homerism has to be brought into this... anybody with a brain can see that the Lions biggest need is at QB and they would be crazy to pass on him.

The Lions biggest need is on the line. Easily. Anyone with a brain would know that.

Stafford is not half the QB you think he is.

No, I wanted to point it out to others that this isn't the first time you've gone childish because someone didn't worship Stafford. That's all.

You attacked me because you didn't agree with me on what Stafford needed to work on. You couldn't carry on a decent discussion, so you don't deserve anything better.

Childish? Wow, ok.... now pointing out the flaws in somebody's "analysis" by putting it up against expert opinion is childish. Sure.

I never attacked you, quit being a whining little b*tch. If I wanted to attack you I'd tell you that you were an idiot, that you still live in your parents basement or that you smell like old cheese.

The Lions biggest need is on the line. Easily. Anyone with a brain would know that.

Stafford is not half the QB

Stafford is not half the QB you think he is.

Well apparently since he's half the QB I think he is, and you said the same thing twice, that makes him a whole QB in my opinion.

Childish? Wow, ok.... now pointing out the flaws in somebody's "analysis" by putting it up against expert opinion is childish. Sure.

I never attacked you, quit being a whining little b*tch. If I wanted to attack you I'd tell you that you were an idiot, that you still live in your parents basement or that you smell like old cheese.

Just tip your hat and move on. Football isn't your forte. We get it.

Sic 'em!!!!

Tommy is that you in the picture man :lol::lol::lol: What do you think about Ayers if you are a Vols fan.

What do you think about Ayers if you are a Vols fan.

Honestly, Ayers was never a guy that struck me as a potential late 1st or 2nd rounder. He didn't do much early with UT, but he had a really good year last season. I think he's a fine pass-rushing DE, but I think he has a lot to work on (inconsistency, sometimes gets washed out of plays, and he also has some maturity issues from what I've read).

I was OK with him when he was talked about as a 3rd rounder, but not big on him as a 1st/2nd guy.

Just tip your hat and move on. Football isn't your forte. We get it.

You think you're pretty cute, don't you?

I'm sure none of your negative commentary on Stafford has anything to do with you being a UT fan. Football isn't ANY UT's fan forte.... the only thing you guys know how to do well is chew tobacco and play the lottery.

You think you're pretty cute, don't you?

I like to think so.

I'm sure none of your negative commentary on Stafford has anything to do with you being a UT fan.

Funny. I recall saying numerous times that Knowshon was easily the best RB in the draft, and that it would be a crime if he fell into the 20s. I also have said that AJ Green would be one of the best receivers in the NFL in a couple years if he keeps working hard and stays healthy. I don't like UGA, but that doesn't mean I'm one of those clowns that says every player from the school sucks.

Football isn't ANY UT's fan forte.... the only thing you guys know how to do well is chew tobacco and play the lottery.

Surely you can do better than this.

I like to think so.

Funny. I recall saying numerous times that Knowshon was easily the best RB in the draft, and that it would be a crime if he fell into the 20s. I also have said that AJ Green would be one of the best receivers in the NFL in a couple years if he keeps working hard and stays healthy. I don't like UGA, but that doesn't mean I'm one of those clowns that says every player from the school sucks.

Surely you can do better than this.

OH I could do a LOT better but you wouldn't be able to take it. Clearly you are too thin skinned for anything more harsh. I'm looking out for your feelings here, you should be grateful. Nobody wants to see a grown man cry.

Well apparently since he's half the QB I think he is, and you said the same thing twice, that makes him a whole QB in my opinion.

:wacko:

You're not in the real world, you're in a world fabricated by idiotic opinions on a message board. This place is filled with more "experts" than an insane asylum can handle. People who don't even know the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 offering their "analysis" on a QB's mechanics... complete garbage. You lost all credibility in this discussion when you compared him to Brady Quinn in arm strength and pocket presence.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Now go chomp on one and don't come back.

I had to up this for D^3, I think it's time for someone to man up and admit they were wrong, while others were right. Take a look:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Lions | To take J. Smith with first pick

Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:38:30 -0700

KFFL has learned the Detroit Lions will take Baylor OT Jason Smith with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

NOLA could you explain Kansas City taking a QB with their #3 with Matt Cassell on the roster?

Think Britton is a huge reach at #13.