Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nolafan33

***NOLA's POST COMBINE MOCK***

50 posts in this topic

1. Detroit Lions- Jason Smith- OT- Baylor

71471.jpg

2. St. Louis Rams- Eugene Monroe- OT- Virginia

71401.jpg

3. Kansas City Chiefs- Matthew Stafford- QB- Georgia

79860.jpg

4. Seattle Seahawks- BJ Raji- DT- Boston College

79631.jpg

5. Cleveland Browns- Aaron Curry- OLB- Wake Forest

79842.jpg

6. Cincinnati Bengals- Michael Oher- OT- Mississippi

71419.jpg

7. Oakland Raiders- Michael Crabtree- WR- Texas Tech

71269.jpg

8. Jacksonville Jaguars- Andre Smith- OT- Alabama

71465.jpg

9. Green Bay Packers- Brian Orakpo- DE/OLB- Texas

71423.jpg

10. San Francisco 49ers- Mark Sanchez- QB- Southern Cal

79858.jpg

11. Buffalo Bills- Everette Brown- DE- Flordia State

12. Denver Broncos- Rey Maualuga- ILB- Southern Cal

13. Washington Redskins- Eben Britton- OT- Arizona

14. New Orleans Saints- Malcolm Jenkins- CB/FS- Ohio State

15. Houston Texans- Brian Cushing- OLB- Southern Cal

16. San Diego Chargers- Tyson Jackson- DE- Louisiana State

17. New York Jets- Vontae Davis- CB- Illinios

18. Chicago Bears- Darrius Heyward-Bey- WR- Maryland

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jeremy Maclin- WR- Missouri

20. Detroit Lions- James Laurinitis- ILB- Ohio State

21. Philadelphia Eagles- Percy Harvin- WR- Florida

22. Minnesota Vikings- Alphonso Smith- CB- Wake Forest

23. New England Patriots- Clint Sintim- OLB- Virginia

24. Atlanta Falcons- Peria Jerry- DT- Mississippi

25. Miami Dolphins- Clay Matthews- OLB- Southern Cal

26. Baltimore Ravens- D.J. Moore- CB- Vanderbilt

27. Indianapolis Colts- Hakeem Nicks- WR- North Carolina

28. Philadelphia Eagles- Beanie Wells- RB- Ohio State

29. New York Giants- Kenny Britt- WR- Rutgers

30. Tennessee Titans- Aaron Maybin- DE- Penn State

31. Arizona Cardinals- Knowshon Moreno- RB- Georgia

32. Pittsburgh Steelers- Duke Robinson- OT- Oklahoma

That is all folks. If you do not like your teams pick, let me know why.

Curry won't fall that far and Eagles won't draft a WR that early. They already got good young guys and will likely bring in a Vet in FA. Other than that looks pretty good.

Curry won't fall that far and Eagles won't draft a WR that early. They already got good young guys and will likely bring in a Vet in FA. Other than that looks pretty good.

That's actually a very good spot for Curry...so you're crazy. Yeah he could go #2 to St. Louis if they want to continue to build defense but why not get one of the best OTs in this years extremely strong Tackle draft especially when you need Pace to move on. Curry at 5 is about spot on.

I don't see Freeman have any chance of not being a first rounder. He's got too many physical tools, if he's there at 20 then the Lions if they went that route would be the luckiest team in the NFL on draft day. I'd be shocked if he fell past the Jets.

Fairly solid mock though, I like it, but I think Detroit is going to have to take Stafford #1 eventhough Smith would be a better choice for them...especially with the ability to trade back up and take Freeman.

BJ and Michael Oher look like they are 35....geeze

BJ looks his age, but Orakpo looks like he is built like a football player, he has the football build, he looks like he is going to be good. :lol:

The Lions are going to pick Stafford. It's hard to take the rest of the mock seriously when the first pick is going against a 99.9% probability.

The Lions are going to pick Stafford. It's hard to take the rest of the mock seriously when the first pick is going against a 99.9% probability.

Okay homer w/e you say. You can't handle someone thinking outside the box and realizing that Stafford has all the arm strength in the world but really sucked under pressure. He reminds me a LOT of Brady Quinn minus the athletic ability. Quinn on film was proven to be a chuck and duck QB under pressure...Stafford is the same way. Not as bad as Quinn with it, but go back to a couple of years ago, the Texans were PERFECT with their pick of Mario Williams (who many said was a bust his first season and most of his 2nd, just thought I'd point that out to the haters on this board) But NO ONE was predicting that pick, it was going to be Bush 99.8% or Vince Young .2% There were no other options...yet they went out and made the smart football decision.

Now...I defy you to argue against that...

Okay homer w/e you say. You can't handle someone thinking outside the box and realizing that Stafford has all the arm strength in the world but really sucked under pressure. He reminds me a LOT of Brady Quinn minus the athletic ability. Quinn on film was proven to be a chuck and duck QB under pressure...Stafford is the same way. Not as bad as Quinn with it, but go back to a couple of years ago, the Texans were PERFECT with their pick of Mario Williams (who many said was a bust his first season and most of his 2nd, just thought I'd point that out to the haters on this board) But NO ONE was predicting that pick, it was going to be Bush 99.8% or Vince Young .2% There were no other options...yet they went out and made the smart football decision.

Argue against what? Your conjecture? Funny, I've never heard anybody compare him to Brady Quinn. You're the first. Based on what? You've given absolutely no substantive comparisons.

Again, it doesn't matter what you think. Stafford is the consensus best QB in the draft, and the Lions MUST have a QB. It's as simple as that, there's no homerism. The only people arguing against it are just haters. Biggest Detroit need = QB. #1 pick = QB. It's that simple. If the Lions weren't serious about drafting him #1, they wouldn't be having dinner with him.

With only 2, maybe 3 decent QB's in the entire draft, and a whole lot more OT's than that, why anyone would suggest they draft OT with #1 overall when they have another first round pick at #20, is just a mystery.

The Lions will not pick Stafford. There biggest need is on the line and there new staff is in the same mold as a Bill Parcells. They will prefer to build from the inside out.

Stafford will never be a GREAT QB in the NFL, he will be a good one, but not great. The Lions will likely have the first pick next season, and will wait to pick Bradford or Snead.

Argue against what? Your conjecture? Funny, I've never heard anybody compare him to Brady Quinn. You're the first. Based on what? You've given absolutely no substantive comparisons.

Again, it doesn't matter what you think. Stafford is the consensus best QB in the draft, and the Lions MUST have a QB. It's as simple as that, there's no homerism. The only people arguing against it are just haters. Biggest Detroit need = QB. #1 pick = QB. It's that simple. If the Lions weren't serious about drafting him #1, they wouldn't be having dinner with him.

With only 2, maybe 3 decent QB's in the entire draft, and a whole lot more OT's than that, why anyone would suggest they draft OT with #1 overall when they have another first round pick at #20, is just a mystery.

Because Jason Smith is definitely the #1 tackle...no question about it...he is a prototype...Stafford has the prototype arm (like Quinn) but is shorter than the prototype (like Quinn) and when put under pressure makes piss poor reads (like Quinn) and doesn't always stand in and take the hit when he knows its coming, he'll duck to avoid the blow and it pulls his throws off target (like Quinn) good enough?

Freeman may be the QB the Lions actually like more due to his prototype height, his even bigger arm than Stafford, and his toughness. Stafford is a tough kid, but Freeman is the Roethlisberger type body who can just take a pounding because he's as big as the guys hitting him. They have Daunte on the Roster already and may really like his skillset (which Freeman is extremely liken to) and want him to learn under Daunte. Now, if they take Stafford that's fine, that's what CONVENTIONAL wisdom says to do. However its not written in stone that Stafford belongs #1 overall. He has yet to throw, and Sanchez killed his stock when he threw. I'm not saying Stafford will because I think he will impress a lot of people out there, but Reggie Bush looked like a lock #1 best player in the country (won the Heisman, even though VY should have) at a position of GREAT need for the Texans (who like the Lions had a TON of holes at the time) and without a LT to protect your 35 million dollar investment...you're going to end up with someone like Williams, PLUS given the history of Junior QBs in the draft...there are PLENTY of reasons to shy away from Matthew Stafford as the #1 pick.

I'm not saying the Lions SHOULD pass on Stafford, but if they don't I will not be shocked. Not when they can take Freeman @ #20 because with Stafford available later that means Sanchez will be available later, and thus pushing Freeman down to possibly being there at #20 with the Lions 2nd selection. Yes, it seems likely that they could take Stafford #1 and then when the OT run happens see who shakes out and is still there at #20 and get a Michael Oher possibly. But without OL help...no QB is safe in Detroit.

Btw...who wouldn't love to have a QB with an arm like Flacco's throwing Go routes to CJ?

BTW Daunte Culpepper was a great QB a few years ago...he's still got the head and arm to play the game...if they had a line around him...he's not washed up yet. Plus did you forget they selected Drew Stanton a few years ago in the 2nd round? They may very well like what they have, considering they are in contract negotiations with Culpepper now to extend him.

The Lions will not pick Stafford. There biggest need is on the line and there new staff is in the same mold as a Bill Parcells. They will prefer to build from the inside out.

How many Super Bowls did Bill Parcells win without Phil Simms? (Giants 1st round pick in '79)

Because Jason Smith is definitely the #1 tackle...no question about it...he is a prototype...Stafford has the prototype arm (like Quinn) but is shorter than the prototype (like Quinn) and when put under pressure makes piss poor reads (like Quinn) and doesn't always stand in and take the hit when he knows its coming, he'll duck to avoid the blow and it pulls his throws off target (like Quinn) good enough?

That is probably the most inaccurate analysis of him I've ever read.

:lol: Now that's pretty funny....

wow a lot of flat out errors in this assessment

While I agree with you about Stafford going #1, your homerism is getting ridiculous. The way you attacked me in the other thread when I said what Stafford's weaknesses were just proved how much of a child you are.

Let's just put your assessment up against professional analysis:

Positives: Perhaps a bit shorter than preferred, but has excellent bulk and strength for the position. ... Durable performer who never missed a college game due to injury, despite a leaky offensive line. ... Efficient footwork and depth on his drop from center. ... Quick to scan the field and go through his progressions. ... Elite arm strength. ... Can make all the throws and shows power and toughness getting the ball deep even when defenders are closing and making contact. ... Consistent with excellent accuracy to all levels of the field. ... Consistent placing the deep out on the far shoulder of his receiver, away from the defender. ... Has good deep accuracy and trajectory. ... Lofts the ball high enough to allow his receiver to run under it. ... Aggressive, but has developed into a smarter passer over his career and will take what the defense gives him by dropping to his second and third options. ... Learning to look off the safety. ... Underrated core strength. ... Keeps his eyes downfield and will step up in the pocket and is willing to take a hit to complete the pass. ... Surprisingly nimble in the pocket and can avoid the rush. ... Underrated straight-line speed and will take what the defense gives him. ... Takes his own success and that of the team very seriously. ... Extremely competitive. ... Team captain. ... Undefeated in bowl games.

Yeah, so again, your "analysis" sounds like a bunch of BS that you saw another poster say and repeat it without actually knowing what you are talking about.

and if you have ever watched matt play, he takes big hits all the time in the pocket, while making the throws

While I agree with you about Stafford going #1, your homerism is getting ridiculous. The way you attacked me in the other thread when I said what Stafford's weaknesses were just proved how much of a child you are.

What are you talking about?

Positives: Perhaps a bit shorter than preferred, but has excellent bulk and strength for the position. ... Durable performer who never missed a college game due to injury, despite a leaky offensive line. ... Efficient footwork and depth on his drop from center. ... Quick to scan the field and go through his progressions. ... Elite arm strength. ... Can make all the throws and shows power and toughness getting the ball deep even when defenders are closing and making contact. ... Consistent with excellent accuracy to all levels of the field. ... Consistent placing the deep out on the far shoulder of his receiver, away from the defender. ... Has good deep accuracy and trajectory. ... Lofts the ball high enough to allow his receiver to run under it. ... Aggressive, but has developed into a smarter passer over his career and will take what the defense gives him by dropping to his second and third options. ... Learning to look off the safety. ... Underrated core strength. ... Keeps his eyes downfield and will step up in the pocket and is willing to take a hit to complete the pass. ... Surprisingly nimble in the pocket and can avoid the rush. ... Underrated straight-line speed and will take what the defense gives him. ... Takes his own success and that of the team very seriously. ... Extremely competitive. ... Team captain. ... Undefeated in bowl games.

Yeah, so again, your "analysis" sounds like a bunch of BS that you saw another poster say and repeat it without actually knowing what you are talking about.

:lol:

I've watched his games, I'm not a parrot. He's not consistently willing to take the hit, I've watched him get molested by a defensive line and him fall all over himself to get out of the way resulting in an interception.

I NEVER questioned his ability to read a defense...except under pressure he panics more than most, when given a clean pocket he's fine. I never questioned his accuracy...under pressure when he's flinching to avoid contact he will pull out of a throw early causing it to be errant.

Specifically against Tennessee (who sucked horribly this year) he looked like he was afraid for his life out there. Against Florida he was a disgrace. Against Alabama and ASU he never looked like he settled into the pocket. I don't remember every game, but I remember those things jumping out at me. Yeah it's not all the time, if he was like that all the time he wouldn't be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft.

I don't dislike Stafford, in fact I like him, but doesn't mean he's without flaws, take off your Rose colored glasses and walk in the real world with me.

I've watched his games, I'm not a parrot. He's not consistently willing to take the hit, I've watched him get molested by a defensive line and him fall all over himself to get out of the way resulting in an interception.

I NEVER questioned his ability to read a defense...except under pressure he panics more than most, when given a clean pocket he's fine. I never questioned his accuracy...under pressure when he's flinching to avoid contact he will pull out of a throw early causing it to be errant.

Specifically against Tennessee (who sucked horribly this year) he looked like he was afraid for his life out there. Against Florida he was a disgrace. Against Alabama and ASU he never looked like he settled into the pocket. I don't remember every game, but I remember those things jumping out at me. Yeah it's not all the time, if he was like that all the time he wouldn't be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft.

I don't dislike Stafford, in fact I like him, but doesn't mean he's without flaws, take off your Rose colored glasses and walk in the real world with me.

barely any QB's make accurate throws when they are getting hit. But I have never seen him back away from a hit like you are saying...