Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waterproof_ace83

Official AFMB Fantasy Baseball Draft thread

502 posts in this topic

Here is a quick recap of round 1.

1) WTA - Swingerz - Hanley Ramirez, SS, FLA

2) SacFalcFan - Dawgs Rulz - Alex Rodriguez, 3B, NYY

3) Goodoleboy58 - Goodoleboy - Albert Pujols, 1B, STL (Traded to H-Town Bombers)

4) Waterproof_ace83 - Buffalo Bills - David Wright, 3B, NYM

5) Pick 6 - Change we Need - Jose Reyes, SS, NYM

6) Falconsfan567 - H-Town Bombers - Miguel Cabrera, 1B/3B, DET (Traded to Goodoleboy)

7) Mookie3127 - Cuban Raft Riders - Ryan Braun, OF, MIL

8) Unkn0wn22 - Crazies - Ryan Howard, 1B, PHI

9) Capologist - Cappy's Gloryhounds - Grady Sizemore, OF, CLE

10) Uga_dog1 - Team Jojo - Jimmy Rollins, SS, Phi

11) EddieK - Matty Ice - Josh Hamilton, OF, TEX

12) Jgator - Gator Mafia

Okay Jgator. Time to make 2 picks.

EddieK selects Lance Berkman, 1B, HOU

Hey man. Good pick. I read today in Baseball Diegest that Berkman has the highest career sluggling percentage ever by a switch-hitter. I would have guessed a 100 guys before picking Berkman for that. Chipper is 3rd all-time with Mantle 2nd.

Team Jojo selects Kevin Youkilis 1B/3B Boston Red Sox. Maybe a tad early for him but he plays 2 positions which is a plus

Boy am I regretting trading that 3rd round pick now. Ouch! There are 3 players I really, really, really want right here and it's tough to decide. Do I pick SP, 2B or C? I don't know exactly what positions are more valued than others.

Boy am I regretting trading that 3rd round pick now. Ouch! There are 3 players I really, really, really want right here and it's tough to decide. Do I pick SP, 2B or C? I don't know exactly what positions are more valued than others.

There isn't an exact formula, but at this point I go with the best player available. When you're looking at positions try to project who will be there at your next pick, if you see a significant drop in one position that might be the way to go too.

Okay this is probably a little early for his position but with me not having another pick till the 4th round the H-Town Bombers are picking Brian McCann, C, Braves. I don't want to miss out on the best hitting catcher in baseball because outside of him, Joe Mauer, Russell Martin, Geovany Soto and Victor Martinez I think there is a huge dropoff.

Sac is on the clock. He's on now, hopefully he makes his pick soon

Yep...I hope so. Then I hope I get to pick tonight, though highly unlikely. Mainly due to a volunteer project I signed up for tomorrow and I'll be out in mother nature for 12 hours. And I can't seem to log on with my Blackberry to AF.com.

Yep...I hope so. Then I hope I get to pick tonight, though highly unlikely. Mainly due to a volunteer project I signed up for tomorrow and I'll be out in mother nature for 12 hours. And I can't seem to log on with my Blackberry to AF.com.

well feel free to PM picks if you need to.

well feel free to PM picks if you need to.

That'll work if it's close to my pick. If not, I'd have to make up a list of a few players and I'd have to research them tonight. Waterproof has my cell# so I'll just see who has been picked when I leave in the morning and hopefully I can get texted who's been picked ahead of me.