When great bands collide

FaIconfansince80

that is less laughable?? are you saying that tenacious d is better and vai, satriani, and Malmsteen are laughable?

Tenacious D are trying to be funny. Those three guys can play their azzes off...better than Nigel Tufnel on his best night. They are just such cliche guitar jocks its funny to me.

Muddy Waters and Johnny Winter

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Buddy Guy, BB King, & Clapton...

;)

Thanks...and true. However, his version of Johnny B Good is one of the best I've ever heard... ;)

Definitely. one of my favorite all time LPs was Johnny Winter And Live...Meantown Blues and the opening rock and roll medley of Great Balls of Fire, Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On is the real punk blues.

Definitely. one of my favorite all time LPs was Johnny Winter And Live...Meantown Blues and the opening rock and roll medley of Great Balls of Fire, Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On is the real punk blues.

Definitely a great album...he doesn't get near the credit he deserves although, IMO, he was great in two different genres of music, Rock and Blues...I think he did some outstanding stuff once he completely immersed himself in blues...definitely brought a distinctive style to the genre.

There's at least $20,000-$30,000 on that stage, they both play Dumbles. Tone of the gods.

Yeah, but the crazy thing is that Robben Ford, when he's out and doesn't want to bust out the Dumbles, will rent 2 Twin Reverbs and push them with Zendrives.

Put another way, Robben Ford would sound good playing a Korean Tele through my G-Dec. Dude's just that good (not that TRs and Zendrives are anything to sneeze at, mind you).

Can't speak for Carlton, but my guess is it's pretty much the same.

Crosby and Nash with David Gilmour. This is a long clip, Crosby and Nash appear about 6 min. in. Gilmour isn't the flashiest player but every note is THE perfect note. For a bunch of old dudes, this music is amazingly good. I have this on DVD and it looks and sounds phenomenal on my 50" plasma.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Eric Clapton and John Mayer. If you're not familiar with Mayer's guitar work he is a true bluesman. Who knew:

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Eric Clapton and John Mayer. If you're not familiar with Mayer's guitar work he is a true bluesman. Who knew:

Mayer is almost like a guilty pleasure. with all the teeny bopper dating Jennifer and Jessica and all that but the guy is a really good songwriter, probably has the best rhythm section out there in Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino and is no slouch on guitar. His last album is one of my favorites in a while. Just because something is popular or mainstream doesn't automatically mean it sucks. The Beatles were mainstream and they were a pretty good little band.