Since it seems fairly likely that due to his cap number, no. 56 wont be back in ATL for another year was just thinking back over the good times, and the times when, despite what anyone says about his current level of play, He was a Dominant Linebacker.

So opening it up to all of you... whats your favorate Brooking Memories? Best game he played for us? etc.

Since it seems fairly likely that due to his cap number, no. 56 wont be back in ATL for another year was just thinking back over the good times, and the times when, despite what anyone says about his current level of play, He was a Dominant Linebacker.

So opening it up to all of you... whats your favorate Brooking Memories? Best game he played for us? etc.

Im a Brooking fan, but he never made any good plays, he lacks the playmaking abilities. When the games on the line and we need a stop, I always look and hope Brooking would make a play but always get burned. His tackles are consistent, but they are 4 to 5 yards down the field.

What a great idea for a thread. We should be able to get this thread to 10 pages, at least, with our memories of Brooking's greatest plays and best seasons.

I'll get it rolling. In 2004, I think he had an interception off a deflected pass in Denver, which started our comeback. And in the playoff demolition of the Rams that same year, I think he blitzed and forced a Bulger fumble. Sure, they were four years ago, and he got paid around $25 million or whatever since then, but those were some big plays. Oh, but I was there when he sacked Smith in last year's win over the 49ers. Impact.

What are your great Brooking memories?

Oh wow, I just thought of another one. Also in 2004, when we were up in New York against the Giants in Eli's first start, we were holding onto a 14-10 lead and the Giants were threatening to win it at the last minute. But Brooking was in good coverage on Shockey and he knocked away Eli's 4th down pass to preserve the victory.

Impact.

Oh wow, I just thought of another one. Also in 2004, when we were up in New York against the Giants in Eli's first start, we were holding onto a 14-10 lead and the Giants were threatening to win it at the last minute. But Brooking was in good coverage on Shockey and he knocked away Eli's 4th down pass to preserve the victory.

Impact.

Did it hit him in the helmet while his back was turned?

I'm sorry guys, but some of you are ridiculous, the disrespect towards Keith is embarrassing. Seriously, at this point it is becoming depressing. I want to make sure , You're Falcons fans, yeah?

Quoted for truth.

The haters just don't want to give credit to the hometown hero. And I named four big plays that he made. I proved that Keith Brooking is an impact player. We'd be fortunate to have him next year. He's worth more here than anywhere else.

He made a nice play on 4th and goal this year, not sure who it was against tho...

Bears man! c'mon it was one of the greastest 4th down stops of the season. I think it was the best. Brooking hit him with pure muscle in the air. WHEW it was pretty! Brooking will be back next year. Maybe not starting but if we get an injury then i would take 56 any day.

Bears man! c'mon it was one of the greastest 4th down stops of the season. I think it was the best. Brooking hit him with pure muscle in the air. WHEW it was pretty! Brooking will be back next year. Maybe not starting but if we get an injury then i would take 56 any day.

You got that right. Good call on that 4th down stop. That's the kind of impact we can expect from Keith Brooking in 2009 and, if we're lucky, 2010.

I'm going to miss him. Great team leader and always trying his hardest. But he wasn't the big-playmaker type. I think that's what he lacked the most... BIG plays when we most needed them...

But I believe that he'll always be remembered as one of the greatest Falcons in our franchise and he'll get in the Ring of Honor.

Honestly, the only plays I remember that Brooking played in was the 2007 Saints game where he tackled the CB letting Bush score, and 3rd and 16. I have watched every game he's played in, and those are the only impact plays I remember him from.

You use the word "honestly" lol and state that you have watched every game he's played in. :rolleyes:

you know its bad when he doesnt even have a highlight vid on youtube...

He is not on YouTube because his name is not Urlacher or Lewis. The linebackers who make it on You Tube is an extension of when they used to have Jacked Up on MNF. Brooking has made thousands of goal line stops, QB hurries, apparently this year many forget about his passes defended, numerous plays on a bad defense with noodle arms when Brooking comes from the other side of the field and makes the tackle. I know, that's called tackling from behind, right. :rolleyes:

He is not on YouTube because his name is not Urlacher or Lewis. The linebackers who make it on You Tube is an extension of when they used to have Jacked Up on MNF. Brooking has made thousands of goal line stops, QB hurries, apparently this year many forget about his passes defended, numerous plays on a bad defense with noodle arms when Brooking comes from the other side of the field and makes the tackle. I know, that's called tackling from behind, right. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn_Yw7mEpqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOrW8dw_QDo

but yea.. no need to get so defensive.

mmm K, I hope reading minds is not your day job. ;) Perhaps reading between the lines that aren't there could land you a job with the AJC. :D

...what? i didnt read your mind.

you said hes made thousands of goal line stops. thats f'n impossible, he only has just over 1000 career tackles. so he has 500 goal line stops and 500 passes defended? lol yea right. but hey go ahead and put him on youtube and show off these thousands of plays everyone has forgot about.