Vick vs. Phelps : Proof of double standard.

Yeah it exists, but it goes on everywhere to everyone. Welcome to reality. ;)

exactly I grew up here my whole life and never experienced any direct racism got pulled over last night because I have 24'' rims and was riding in a bad neighborhood (Metropolitian) looking for my boy's house for a bachelor's party, white officer, and he let me go (even though I was drunk) because I assume I was able to speak properly and not give him any reason to take it any further. Oh and he said that was why he pulled me over?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1$tunna wrote: "Tell me how im lying. Thats how arging works dumb@ss. Tell how Vicks sheet is shorter? Now you're changing the topic.If Ray Lewis kiled two people then why didnt he get put in prison? He was found not guilty by his fellow human beings stupid.......NEXT!!!! " My God, you have to be the most ignorant imbecile on this forum....I wish the mods would ban you for sheer stupidity. You think that a DUI arrest (Phelps) with probation is a worse rap sheet than a federal felony conviction (Vick) with a lengthy jail sentence i....tell that to law enforcement....they will laugh harder than I am right now. Ray Lewis was not "found not guilty by his fellow human beings", he entered a plea of guilty to complicity in the murder of two of your fellow human beings you moron...if you don't know the facts try GOOGLE...its a great tool. And by the way "im" , "arging" and "kiled" are not words in the English language.....is it a second language for you?...God why do I even interact with such morons as you.

#1$tunna wrote: "Tell me how im lying. Thats how arging works dumb@ss. Tell how Vicks sheet is shorter? Now you're changing the topic.If Ray Lewis kiled two people then why didnt he get put in prison? He was found not guilty by his fellow human beings stupid.......NEXT!!!! " My God, you have to be the most ignorant imbecile on this forum....I wish the mods would ban you for sheer stupidity. You think that a DUI arrest (Phelps) with probation is a worse rap sheet than a federal felony conviction (Vick) with a lengthy jail sentence i....tell that to law enforcement....they will laugh harder than I am right now. Ray Lewis was not "found not guilty by his fellow human beings", he entered a plea of guilty to complicity in the murder of two of your fellow human beings you moron...if you don't know the facts try GOOGLE...its a great tool. And by the way "im" , "arging" and "kiled" are not words in the English language.....is it a second language for you?...God why do I even interact with such morons as you.

Ray Lewis was guilty of MISDEMEANOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE!! Can u use google? Who's lying now? You have to make up stuff to prove your point huh? :lol: Show me a link where is says Ray Lewis entered that plea? A plea like that would have put him in prison dummy Which in no way means he killed anybody. I said Phelps had a LONGER rap sheet not WORSE stupid @ss. Phelps: 2 arrests and Vick: 1 arrest

2 is bigger than 1. Thanks for playing. You already agreed that there is a double standard. go home idiot! Oh yeah still waiting on that link

Apparently when Phelps ADMITS to smoking the ganja, its everyone else's fault according to SNL's "Really?", but when it was "alleged" Vick had pot, he was a moron in the same sketch.

Everything else aside, you have to admit this is bullsh*t & merely ONE example of the media's double standard. Not to mention Phelps already has a DUI on his record.

Racist much?

---------------

Michael Phelps "admits" to smoking weed, SNL responds.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/56636/saturday-n...-michael-phelps

vs.

Michael Vick "allegedly" caught with weed, SNL responds.

---------------

Yes you are right. America is racist! Thats why McCain won the election with the most overall votes..... <_<

The difference between Phelps and Vick is that Phelps is a champion and Vick is a close but never got there guy.

Oh but they both smoke pot.

YOU FORGOT PARTIME DRUNK DRIVER TOO. AND HE PLAYS IN AN INDIVIDUAL SPORT WHICH U CANT COMPARE TO FOOTBALL GENIUS. WHO CARES ABOUT SWIMMING ANYWAY??

Tell me how im lying. Thats how arging works dumb@ss. Tell how Vicks sheet is shorter? Now you're changing the topic.If Ray Lewis kiled two people then why didnt he get put in prison? He was found not guilty by his fellow human beings stupid.......NEXT!!!!

He wasnt found not guilty by his fellow human beings tough guy. He plea bargained down to an obstruction charge.

Get off the high horse. No one cares. Let it go. Mike's done with the team, he's in the can and thats that. Phelps is being put through his own ringer and thats that. End of discussion.

the truth hammer wrote: " If you exact vigilante justice and your victim was later found to be guilty, you still go to jail." Dude, your gonna have to give up your moniker if you keep this up. Your homeboy Vick entered a plea of guilty to a very serious charge...a charge that lots of other people have gone to jail for. That's not "vigilante justice". He's served his time (almost) and will, hopefully, get a chance to redeem himself in life and in the NFL. I think a lot of the antipathy for Vick, in both the black and white communites, lies in the fact that he was given such great God-given talent and choose to blow it. How many athletes in a generation are there like MV7 was? Wouldn't you want yourself or your kids to be blessed with such talent....and he blows it by killing dogs hangin' around a bunch of worthless thugs instead of doing fund raisers for the Boys Clubs. Pathetic.

What in the Jolly Green F*ck are you yammering about?

I said if you, Crab, think someone did something wrong and turn around and kill them...yet they are later found guilty of doing whatever you thought they did...that doesn't make you a free man.

ie: Just because Mike Vick is NOW guilty of something doesn't make the way he was treated before any of that came down RIGHT or JUST.

"Well he happened to do something wrong so we had a right to treat him like sh*t when there was no proof."

Reading comprehension, Sparkles.

Ummm...isn't SNL a comedy sketch show?

Are we truly trying to define racial prejudice and double standars in America based on the exploits of a TV program designed to make you laugh but failing 90%+ of the time?

The American government is a joke. Broadcast media is a joke. Our schools are a joke.

If you systematically disqualify everything you feel can't be taken seriously as somehow invalid, I feel sorry for your sense of pride and justice.

Yeah, I get it...this subject makes you uncomfortable so having "SNL" in the tag makes it easy to write off with hyperbole.

Sit down then and let grown people talk.

The American government is a joke. Broadcast media is a joke. Our schools are a joke.

If you systematically disqualify everything you feel can't be taken seriously as somehow invalid, I feel sorry for your sense of pride and justice.

Yeah, I get it...this subject makes you uncomfortable so having "SNL" in the tag makes it easy to write off with hyperbole.

Sit down then and let grown people talk.

CNN being all ove Obama's nut sack was a joke

ie: Just because Mike Vick is NOW guilty of something doesn't make the way he was treated before any of that came down RIGHT or JUST.

"Well he happened to do something wrong so we had a right to treat him like sh*t when there was no proof."

Reading comprehension, Sparkles.

Thats true but im saying whats good for Vick should be good to phelps too

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,487304,00.html

I dont see a double standard. They are trying to get him with charges. a piece of the article for you...

"This case is no different than any other case," Lott told the Post. "This one might be a lot easier since we have photographs of someone using drugs and a partial confession. It's a relatively easy case once we can determine where the crime occurred."

I agree with this post. I also agree Vick should be going to jail. But the point is BEFORE ALL THAT. When Vick got caught with weed people on this board and in the media we're very hard on him as they should have been. Now, Phelps who more of a national figure that vick gets in a dui and a picture smoking and there isnt near the backlash. I just consistency. Bottom line people in the media and on this board love to criminalize black athletes more than whites. Even when Vick got locked up as he should have been, you had people making t shirts and dolls and all kinds of stuff. why take it to that extent? Which we all know, especially living in deep south that a lot of that is racially motivated.

That is part of my point: Vick didn't even HAVE weed (tested negative, regardless if you think he smokes pot), yet people on THESE boards were ready to string the dude up and he was being obliterated in the press and on "sketch comedy shows".

Again, BEFORE having a DUI...like Phelps. Before testing positive/admitting to toking...like Phelps.

Vick lost the Airtran deal May 8th...he was indicted on July 17th. He wasn't even charged let alone found guilty of anything and he was losing sponsors. Phelps had to catch a DUI and admit to smoking weed to lose...one.

Look at some of the posts in this very thread...some of you folks are VERRRRY uncomfortable with this...and it shows.