Vick vs. Phelps : Proof of double standard.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Years from now, someone is going to be wronged by some racist p.o.s. and no one will think it's racism due to years of having to listen to this type of crap. It will be a "boy who cried wolf" reaction. I hope you sleep well knowing this. :angry:

Yea because racism doesn't happen in this world :rolleyes:

@#1$tunna: Your post at 10:23 is pathetic. Thank goodness you didn't try to go to law school where you have to learn to defend your point....you would have been kicked out the first semester. Tell me one more time about Ray Lewis and the "double-standard" for black athletes.....I'm waiting....tick tock....tick tock. Oh, nevermind.

you might wanna read potna. when have said about anything about SNL? All im saying is that there is a double standard on this board and in the media. Vick was NOT given a pass for Ron Mexico, and the flicking off the Saints fans it was ALL over the media. How can u put the blunt pic that was never mentioned and the rest of the stuff in the same category?

sure he was given a pass with the Ron Mexico thing...it was swept under the rug..yes he took some hits on it through the media but any athlete who give his name as Ron Mexico, would be made fun of. The whole premise of this thread was based off of SNL skits.

Vick started leaving a little trail of smoke behind him, before the water bottle incident, so when it happend of course he was going to get media scrutiny for it, and also because it was just plain out stupid!

****, Im stupid for replying to this dang thread

Exactly because he lied and continued to lie about the situation. Which is why he is the last one to still be in jail while everyone else has gotten out by now.

First of all dont act u never lied before to get yourself out of a jam because u have. My point is, there is a double standard when it comes to black and white athletes are covered when they get into trouble. And you're naive if u think there isnt.

you realize that you're the only idiot that arging that there isnt a double standard right?

When double standard is based upon race its called racism... do I believe Vick received a much harsher judgement from his weed incident than Michael Phelps no and you would have to post more than some SNL skit to prove it because noone cares what they say outside of their Sarah Palin sketches.

And you have a hard time with arguring when you have to call people idiots and such you a$$ (as I mentioned earlier). Even if I did want to see your point I don't now. So how do you think the media should've handled this Vick situation since he was treated so much differently?

Apparently when Phelps ADMITS to smoking the ganja, its everyone else's fault according to SNL's "Really?", but when it was "alleged" Vick had pot, he was a moron in the same sketch.

Everything else aside, you have to admit this is bullsh*t & merely ONE example of the media's double standard. Not to mention Phelps already has a DUI on his record.

Racist much?

sure he was given a pass with the Ron Mexico thing...it was swept under the rug..yes he took some hits on it through the media

Make your mind up. First he was given a pass, then he took hits in the media. Taking hits in the media IS NOT GIVEN A PASS. The blunt pic is an example of given a pass. Im primarily refering to this board when it comes to the double standard, the media is secondary.

First of all dont act u never lied before to get yourself out of a jam because u have. My point is, there is a double standard when it comes to black and white athletes are covered when they get into trouble. And you're naive if u think there isnt.

yeah but i'll tell you one thing if I was gonna lie I was gonna be **** sure to make sure im on the same page with the people who im caught up with. But keep in mind, this is a different situation from Phelps. Yes I believe they went overboard in trying to prove a point with Vick WITH THE DOGFIGHTING INCIDENT. But the more I learned about what actually happened, I do believe he should have had some type of punish for such a cruel hobby. So did it create awareness about dogfighting, it did and that was probably what they was trying to accomplish.

Make your mind up. First he was given a pass, then he took hits in the media. Taking hits in the media IS NOT GIVEN A PASS. The blunt pic is an example of given a pass. Im primarily refering to this board when it comes to the double standard, the media is secondary.

Took some hits in the media meaning he gave out a dumbass name like Ron Mexico. IF i would have done that, I would have taken hits in the media. Dude, get a clue and think about what people are saying and what your typing. Nobody harped on him giving a chick herpes, they harped on him because he said he was Ron Mexico.

Dude, seriously, you suck at arguing.

When double standard is based upon race its called racism... do I believe Vick received a much harsher judgement from his weed incident than Michael Phelps no and you would have to post more than some SNL skit to prove it because noone cares what they say outside of their Sarah Palin sketches.

And you have a hard time with arguring when you have to call people idiots and such you a$$ (as I mentioned earlier). Even if I did want to see your point I don't now. So how do you think the media should've handled this Vick situation since he was treated so much differently?

If you read potna, you would have seen that i was primarily talking about this board not the media. Where have i said that the media was wrong is covering Vick? Show me. But to answer your question, All im saying is that Phelps should get the same coverage especially being that he was arrested for driving a car drunk where he could have killed people and now he's getting high and probably got into a car again. Vick wasnt even arrested for anything prior to dogfighting. Phelps has a longer rap sheet than Vick yet he doesnt get the same coverage.

Well why do you care so much about what the people on this board think anywayz? I learned so much about some of the people on here during the 2008 elections. So wait...you are upset because people on this board is not talking about how dissapointed they are with the Phelps incident? Its probably because...he's not a Falcon.

Maybe you should go here it may make you feel better:

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/michael-phelps/forum

http://www.peoria.com/messages/michael_phe..._id=1&page=

or google any other Michael Phelps discussion board.

Took some hits in the media meaning he gave out a dumbass name like Ron Mexico. IF i would have done that, I would have taken hits in the media. Dude, get a clue and think about what people are saying and what your typing. Nobody harped on him giving a chick herpes, they harped on him because he said he was Ron Mexico.

Dude, seriously, you suck at arguing.

NO ONE HARPED ON HIM GIVING THAT CHICK HERPES? Are u serious? You'll saying BS to prove your point. You're saying stuff wasnt talked about it in the media when it clearly was.

@#1$tunna: Your post at 10:23 is pathetic. Thank goodness you didn't try to go to law school where you have to learn to defend your point....you would have been kicked out the first semester. Tell me one more time about Ray Lewis and the "double-standard" for black athletes.....I'm waiting....tick tock....tick tock. Oh, nevermind.

you've already proved my point. im finished with you. Law school?? :lol: You've already agreed with my statement yet you're still trying to argue. you wouldnt have even got into college nevermind actually getting into law school the way u argue.

NO ONE HARPED ON HIM GIVING THAT CHICK HERPES? Are u serious? You'll saying BS to prove your point. You're saying stuff wasnt talked about it in the media when it clearly was.

Honestly I didn't hear anything about that outside of the message board that linked me to ajc. That was it...but then again I dunno, maybe I wasn't paying attention?

No genius, it was because people werent sure if the pic was even real, it probably was but the media probably didnt want to take that chance of looking stupid. If it was a pic of Vick holding a bag of weed then you'd definitely heard about it. It probably was weed but it wasnt definitive. On the other hand, What else do people put in bongs? and phelps admitted to it.
you might wanna read potna. when have said about anything about SNL? All im saying is that there is a double standard on this board and in the media. Vick was NOT given a pass for Ron Mexico, and the flicking off the Saints fans it was ALL over the media. How can u put the blunt pic that was never mentioned and the rest of the stuff in the same category?
If you read potna, you would have seen that i was primarily talking about this board not the media. Where have i said that the media was wrong is covering Vick? Show me. But to answer your question, All im saying is that Phelps should get the same coverage especially being that he was arrested for driving a car drunk where he could have killed people and now he's getting high and probably got into a car again. Vick wasnt even arrested for anything prior to dogfighting. Phelps has a longer rap sheet than Vick yet he doesnt get the same coverage.

Dude, make up your mind...one minute your talking about the message board and the media, the next time, your not talking about the media, just the message board. I dont really know if you know exactly what you want to argue here...But I'm done

#1$tunna wrote: "Phelps has a longer rap sheet than Vick yet he doesnt get the same coverage." Now, you've gone from making assinine arguments to bold-faced lying....that's not good dude.....have a good night and dream of Ray Lewis taking part in the killing of two of your fellow human beings....."double-standard" and all. ROTFLMAO

there definitely is an agenda, and race definitely has a factor in it. but dont talk about it publicly or we'll be scoffed at just the same. Some ppl like to live their fairy tale lives in ignorance and believe there is no such thing as racism.

disclaimer: i am not a vick supporter, he is more trouble than he's worth.

couldnt agree more buddy... i dont want to live in the south anymore bc of racism, there is no way Im raising my kids down there, oh but if i talk about it then its me being to sensitive, or I need to just relax, or not everyone is like that.... blah blah blah. Im sure I will get blasted on this message board too. but i gotta agree with you man, some ppl just believe racism doesnt exist.

Dude, make up your mind...one minute your talking about the message board and the media, the next time, your not talking about the media, just the message board. I dont really know if you know exactly what you want to argue here...But I'm done

I was talking about both. i clearly stated that this board was primary and the media secondary. U might wanna read before u argue...NEXT??

#1$tunna wrote: "Phelps has a longer rap sheet than Vick yet he doesnt get the same coverage." Now, you've gone from making assinine arguments to bold-faced lying....that's not good dude.....have a good night and dream of Ray Lewis taking part in the killing of two of your fellow human beings....."double-standard" and all. ROTFLMAO

Tell me how im lying. Thats how arging works dumb@ss. Tell how Vicks sheet is shorter? Now you're changing the topic.If Ray Lewis kiled two people then why didnt he get put in prison? He was found not guilty by his fellow human beings stupid.......NEXT!!!!

couldnt agree more buddy... i dont want to live in the south anymore bc of racism, there is no way Im raising my kids down there, oh but if i talk about it then its me being to sensitive, or I need to just relax, or not everyone is like that.... blah blah blah. Im sure I will get blasted on this message board too. but i gotta agree with you man, some ppl just believe racism doesnt exist.

EXACTLY. And thats all im saying that there is a double standard based on race. Now is that racism? Dont know but race is a factor.

Yeah it exists, but it goes on everywhere to everyone. Welcome to reality. ;)

EXACTLY. And thats all im saying that there is a double standard based on race. Now is that racism? Dont know but race is a factor.

Of course racism still exist it will be interesting to see if there will be a story about Jammal Anderson bust on CNN tomorrow though or something outside of the sports world which Phelps was about to accomplish with weed and Vick had to do dogfighting to do.