Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karst41

"IF" we signed Mr Albert

15 posts in this topic

I appologize in advance for posting but

it is itching my brain.

"IF" TD were to sign Haynesworth, would you

take a DT in the second or 3rd round?

Also consideration to positions of need being at

(IMO) OLB and S:

Who do you think would be a second rnd pick

worthy of a reach at 24?

TIA

it is itching my brain.

(IMO) OLB and S:

worthy of a reach at 24?

TIA

I think we'd need to still look for DL depth, and I want quality, I like Fili Moala in round 3 or I like Terrance Taylor in Round 6

it is itching my brain.

(IMO) OLB and S:

worthy of a reach at 24?

TIA

If we sign Haynesworth, we aren't drafting a DT this year...

If we sign Haynesworth, we aren't drafting a DT this year...

I don't think you can rule it out. Now what happens if we sign Albert, select Fili or Ziggy, Trey is Healthy and Babs is healthy? Our DL rotation becomes one of the best in the NFL. Makes Abe THAT much better, and removes some pressure from Jamaal. You can almost never have too many Linemen. Depth there is crucial. Albert would be a fixture but when he needed a blow we can put Trey in, and rotate Fili (who I think could play Nose as well) in with Babs (who's rarely off the field) and that 'backup' DL wouldn't look so bad like it did this year when we had Davis, Moorehead, Patterson, and Bierman on the field. I just knew at that point we were giving up a LOT of yards and going to put our defense in a tough spot to keep a team off the scoreboard. If we add Albert in and picked up Ziggy / Fili...our backup DL would look a LOT better, even if the ends remained the same.

Davis Moala/Ziggy Trey and Bierman gives me a lot more confidence than when we pulled Grady and Babs at times, Just changing those up in the middle would bump our defense up at least 5 spots, without changing anything else, prolly even more considering our starting lineup would be

JA98 Babs Haynesworth Abe That's fierce right there. That's 3 Pro Bowlers and a young player who really showed a few flashes and if he hits his stride and works hard, could be one of the better LDEs especially with those 3 next to him.

Maybe the guy from Stillman College in one of the mid/later rounds.

agree......if we sign Haynesworth then I seriously doubt we would take a defensive tackle again until Round 5 or thereafter. With Haynesworth, Babineaux, Moorhead and Trey Lewis coming back - we would be pretty much set at D-Tackle. We have too many other needs to take another defensive tackle high - we would be "two deep" at defensive tackle and that is good enough.

we probably wouldnt draft one very high, but i wouldnt be dissapointed if we came away with evander "ziggy" hood, dt, missouri in round 2. i think he will develop into a good UT and i think that would be a great rotation at UT for us with babs, ziggy and even ja98 on occasion, not to mention moorehead as depth. i doubt it will happen though. my favorite selections for our 2nd rounder are marcus freeman and feneki tupou.

-Mr. Offseason

it is itching my brain.

(IMO) OLB and S:

worthy of a reach at 24?

TIA

If we can get Evander Hood in the 2nd, then we ought to draft him. But if we can't I see us getting depth at DT after the 4th round.

we probably wouldnt draft one very high, but i wouldnt be dissapointed if we came away with evander "ziggy" hood, dt, missouri in round 2. i think he will develop into a good UT and i think that would be a great rotation at UT for us with babs, ziggy and even ja98 on occasion, not to mention moorehead as depth. i doubt it will happen though. my favorite selections for our 2nd rounder are marcus freeman and feneki tupou.

-Mr. Offseason

Why would you spend a 2nd round pick on a player that may not start for a few years, unless he can beat out babs. Most of the time a 2nd round pick is usually high up on the depth chart. I think that picking another UT in the second is a waste of pick based on our current roster. I would want to pick a player in the second that will have more of an immediate impact.