Early season Power poll has Falcons leading the way in the NFC South...

I think your off on this statement. They don't have a bigger hill to climb and if your were being honest you would understand this. The buccies have the biggest hill to climb followed by the saints and panthers...like it or not this is how it goes down!

Wow, I am off?

I wasn't even including the Bucs because right now they won't win 5 games. But since you want to include them:

Bucs

Falcons

Panthers

Saints

Why? Well the Bucs don't have much of anything, they have a big hill to climb if they want to win. The Falcons are the new hot team, the paper boys per say. Teams will come in wanting to beat them, like I have said a million times, the hunter becomes the hunted. The Falcons have alot of adjusting to do. The Panthers, they have almost about the same hill, but not as steep. Teams want to beat them, because everyone wants to beat the division champs. Then there is the team that is flying under the radar. The team nobody talks about, the Saints.

Honestly, having the biggest hill to climb is a honor. Because by the way I am using it it means the team that other teams will get up to play the most. I'm sure we can agree that that team is the new media darlings, the Atlanta Falcons.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I am off?

I wasn't even including the Bucs because right now they won't win 5 games. But since you want to include them:

Bucs

Falcons

Panthers

Saints

Why? Well the Bucs don't have much of anything, they have a big hill to climb if they want to win. The Falcons are the new hot team, the paper boys per say. Teams will come in wanting to beat them, like I have said a million times, the hunter becomes the hunted. The Falcons have alot of adjusting to do. The Panthers, they have almost about the same hill, but not as steep. Teams want to beat them, because everyone wants to beat the division champs. Then there is the team that is flying under the radar. The team nobody talks about, the Saints.

i love talking about the saints, how bad they choke, i think you guys where even expected to have a superbowl win last preseason. I really dont see that changing. java script:add_smilie(":P","smid_6")

i love talking about the saints, how bad they choke, i think you guys where even expected to have a superbowl win last preseason. I really dont see that changing. java script:add_smilie(":P","smid_6")

Whatever dude. Your obviously a Saints hater and know very little. I will not waste my time.

Again, let me try to explain my point to WFW. The Bucs, no doubt they have the biggest hill to climb in general. But that isn't what I meant by it.

The Falcons, they will have to do a lot of adjusting this offseason. Teams will break down Ryan and learn his tendencies, when he is comfortable and when he is not. Things like that. Your running game, mainly oline, will have to figure out how Turner would get 200 yards one week and barely break 50 the next. The Falcons need another WR, from what I hear yall are high on Laurent Robinson. He may be that guy. Where should I start with the defense?

In short, if the Falcons want to win 10 or 11 games, they will not be able to rely on what they did last season. What I meant by they have the steepest hill to climb is that of the four teams in the NFC South, which will the opponents get up to play the most? Obviously, the Falcons. Teams will always come at them harder, take more chances, teams want to beat the media darling.

So, do you see what I mean? The Falcons have a HUGE monkey on their back that could hold them captive all season. If they want to win some games, they will have to play harder, never take plays off, become more complex, and other things. The Falcons don't run a complex offense, so teams will figure it out during the offseason. It is up to the Falcons to put in a good bit of new things.

Whatever dude. Your obviously a Saints hater and know very little. I will not waste my time.

Again, let me try to explain my point to WFW. The Bucs, no doubt they have the biggest hill to climb in general. But that isn't what I meant by it.

The Falcons, they will have to do a lot of adjusting this offseason. Teams will break down Ryan and learn his tendencies, when he is comfortable and when he is not. Things like that. Your running game, mainly oline, will have to figure out how Turner would get 200 yards one week and barely break 50 the next. The Falcons need another WR, from what I hear yall are high on Laurent Robinson. He may be that guy. Where should I start with the defense?

In short, if the Falcons want to win 10 or 11 games, they will not be able to rely on what they did last season. What I meant by they have the steepest hill to climb is that of the four teams in the NFC South, which will the opponents get up to play the most? Obviously, the Falcons. Teams will always come at them harder, take more chances, teams want to beat the media darling.

So, do you see what I mean? The Falcons have a HUGE monkey on their back that could hold them captive all season. If they want to win some games, they will have to play harder, never take plays off, become more complex, and other things. The Falcons don't run a complex offense, so teams will figure it out during the offseason. It is up to the Falcons to put in a good bit of new things.

...so they will know ryan inside out, but you dont think they will watch tape on brees? Do you expect him to put up the yards he did? Really think he will be under the radar? I think, and its my opinion, so dont tell me i know nothing about football, that if they cant even things out in the run game, alot of teams will figure out how to stop his pass game. I feel more comfortable with ryan and his offense than something so onesided. In my opinion.

:rolleyes: and you dont have to worry about me, i am a siant hater, because i am a falcon fan. Nothing personal.

...so they will know ryan inside out, but you dont think they will watch tape on brees? Do you expect him to put up the yards he did? Really think he will be under the radar? I think, and its my opinion, so dont tell me i know nothing about football, that if they cant even things out in the run game, alot of teams will figure out how to stop his pass game. I feel more comfortable with ryan and his offense than something so onesided. In my opinion.

:rolleyes: and you dont have to worry about me, i am a siant hater, because i am a falcon fan. Nothing personal.

Teams have watched Brees for 3 years now, and they have not figured him out.

Ryan is a different story, teams will figure out that he stares down Roddy White and throws to him nearly 36% of the time, and 34% of Ryans completions go towards White. Teams will figure out that he likes the left side of the field more than the right.

In short, teams will adjust to the fact that Ryan does not spread the ball around. Something that will severly hurt him this season if he doesn't adjust. Back to Brees, why have teams not stopped him? He spreads the ball around. To compare, only 18% of Drews drop backs go towards the Saints top reciever, and only 19% of Drews completions go towards the Saints top wide out. That is the difference, that is what may keep Ryan from being a elite QB.

If you don't believe me, look at the top QB's in the league, they all spread the ball around.

And it is nothing against you, just the fact that if you don't have that cool looking falcon on your helmet makes you complete garbage is kind of ridiculous.

Teams have watched Brees for 3 years now, and they have not figured him out.

Ryan is a different story, teams will figure out that he stares down Roddy White and throws to him nearly 36% of the time, and 34% of Ryans completions go towards White. Teams will figure out that he likes the left side of the field more than the right.

In short, teams will adjust to the fact that Ryan does not spread the ball around. Something that will severly hurt him this season if he doesn't adjust. Back to Brees, why have teams not stopped him? He spreads the ball around. To compare, only 18% of Drews drop backs go towards the Saints top reciever, and only 19% of Drews completions go towards the Saints top wide out. That is the difference, that is what may keep Ryan from being a elite QB.

If you don't believe me, look at the top QB's in the league, they all spread the ball around.

And it is nothing against you, just the fact that if you don't have that cool looking falcon on your helmet makes you complete garbage is kind of ridiculous.

wow, im new here, thought this was rival central, as in, talk a little trash to your rivals...sorry i hurt your feelings nola. I will remember your sensitive in the future, my apologies.

Where did it ever come across as hurting my feelings?

"And it is nothing against you, just the fact that if you don't have that cool looking falcon on your helmet makes you complete garbage is kind of ridiculous."

anyway, i dont think your garbage, been reading you for awhile on here, and enjoy it, i was kidding. Rivalry thing. :unsure:

I pretty much hate the Saints and their fans, but Brees is the most dominant QB in this division and arguably conference by a mile. I know he plays in a pass-happy offense and all, but you don't pass for 5000 yards by accident. That defense of theirs is what loses them games. Case in point, second game against the Panthers in the Dome.

"And it is nothing against you, just the fact that if you don't have that cool looking falcon on your helmet makes you complete garbage is kind of ridiculous."

anyway, i dont think your garbage, been reading you for awhile on here, and enjoy it, i was kidding. Rivalry thing. :unsure:

Lol, no, that wasn't aimed at you. Just a couple select Falcon fans. I know your one also, but once your here long enough you will come to realize that some of the people on this site think if you do not play or coach for the Falcons you are either garbage or overrated. Like a Reggie Bush and Drew Brees.

I pretty much hate the Saints and their fans, but Brees is the most dominant QB in this division and arguably conference by a mile. I know he plays in a pass-happy offense and all, but you don't pass for 5000 yards by accident. That defense of theirs is what loses them games. Case in point, second game against the Panthers in the Dome.

Case in point, 6 losses by less than a TD and 5 by 3 points or less. The offense isn't the problem, it was the defense. I'd expect Coach Williams to change that.

You like me, right? :D

Case in point, 6 losses by less than a TD and 5 by 3 points or less. The offense isn't the problem, it was the defense. I'd expect Coach Williams to change that.

You like me, right? :D

So what true but there's enough blame to go around. Both sides of the ball made their share of mistakes. Although I'm really interested in how much improvement that Williams can do with our bunch. The the thing I'm most interested in is how we prevent the mistakes that killed us last season. How many teams could say that just cutting half of their mistakes would result in 4 to 5 more victories?

So what true but there's enough blame to go around. Both sides of the ball made their share of mistakes. Although I'm really interested in how much improvement that Williams can do with our bunch. The the thing I'm most interested in is how we prevent the mistakes that killed us last season. How many teams could say that just cutting half of their mistakes would result in 4 to 5 more victories?

Agreed, if you had more of a ball control offense that would instantly make your defense better because they would be on the field less!

hate to bring up the injuries.. but they crippled us last year IMO. Im lookin forward to see our D this year with a new DC, some new faces, and numerous old faces back off IR. Overall, there should be a good deal of improvement this season on that side of the ball.

hate to bring up the injuries.. but they crippled us last year IMO. Im lookin forward to see our D this year with a new DC, some new faces, and numerous old faces back off IR. Overall, there should be a good deal of improvement this season on that side of the ball.

They did, no doubt. Falcon fans will tell you otherwise though.

Just look:

QB: good

RB: Deuce injured entire season (knee drained weekly).

Reggie suffered a minor injury in week 6, then another in week whatever.

Aaron Stecker on IR. IR

PT had injuries at the end of the season.

FB: Karney missed a couple weeks.

His replacement went on IR the first week, and then the IR's replacement became injured. IR

Saints played 2 or 3 games without a FB.

WR: Marques was hampered the entire season with a thumb injury.

Lance Moore suffered a sprained ankle.

David Patten (the real #2) was injured all season, only dressed in 5 games.

Robert Meachem started the season injured.

Then there is the VERY promising reciever, Adrian Arrington, who was on IR the entire season. He may have been the Saints #2 WR this year.

Courtney Roby missed 4 games. IR.

TE: Shockey rehabbed all of TC from the broken leg, then had the ankle, then had the hernia that hampered his play all season.

Mark Campbell only played in 9 games, before going on IR.

There was another TE (can't remember his name) who was signed and then released the next week because of injury.

The Saints injuries got so bad, that they actually had to cut Billy Miller for a week.

OT: Jamaal Brown had knee problems and missed a game.

OG: Nesbit missed 4 games due to suspension.

Duckworth had a season ending knee injury in TC. IR

C: Goodwin missed 3 games.

Lehr missed 3 games.

DE: Will Smith played the entire season with a sports hernia (all the power to him).

Charles Grant played 3 games while injured, then went on IR for the last 8. IR

Josh Savage missed 13 games due to a broken wrist.

Charleston missed 2 games.

DT: Big Sed Ellis missed 3 games.

Hollis Thomas missed 8 games. IR

Antwan Lake missed 5 games.

Bryan Young missed 8 games. IR

Kendrick Clancy missed 4 games.

Demario Pressely missed the entire season, all 16. IR

Two other DT's were placed on IR also. IR(X2)

OLB: Fujita missed 3 games. A UDFA started those.

The UDFA missed 1 game.

Troy Evans (ST leader) missed a game.

Mark Simoneau missed all 16, IR before the season. IR

MLB: Marvin Mitchell missed 1 game.

CB: Randall Gay missed 3 games.

Jason David missed 2 games.

Usama Young missed 1 game.

Aaron Glenn missed 12 games. IR

Mike Mckenzie missed 9 games. IR

Tracy Porter missed 11 games. IR

FS: Kaesivharn missed 5 games. IR

SS: Roman Harper missed 1 game.

K: Went through 3 kickers.

P: Went through 3 punters.

Too say injuries did not play a part in the Saints going 8-8 this season is crazy.

They did, no doubt. Falcon fans will tell you otherwise though.

Just look:

QB: good

RB: Deuce injured entire season (knee drained weekly).

Reggie suffered a minor injury in week 6, then another in week whatever.

Aaron Stecker on IR. IR

PT had injuries at the end of the season.

FB: Karney missed a couple weeks.

His replacement went on IR the first week, and then the IR's replacement became injured. IR

Saints played 2 or 3 games without a FB.

WR: Marques was hampered the entire season with a thumb injury.

Lance Moore suffered a sprained ankle.

David Patten (the real #2) was injured all season, only dressed in 5 games.

Robert Meachem started the season injured.

Then there is the VERY promising reciever, Adrian Arrington, who was on IR the entire season. He may have been the Saints #2 WR this year.

Courtney Roby missed 4 games. IR.

TE: Shockey rehabbed all of TC from the broken leg, then had the ankle, then had the hernia that hampered his play all season.

Mark Campbell only played in 9 games, before going on IR.

There was another TE (can't remember his name) who was signed and then released the next week because of injury.

The Saints injuries got so bad, that they actually had to cut Billy Miller for a week.

OT: Jamaal Brown had knee problems and missed a game.

OG: Nesbit missed 4 games due to suspension.

Duckworth had a season ending knee injury in TC. IR

C: Goodwin missed 3 games.

Lehr missed 3 games.

DE: Will Smith played the entire season with a sports hernia (all the power to him).

Charles Grant played 3 games while injured, then went on IR for the last 8. IR

Josh Savage missed 13 games due to a broken wrist.

Charleston missed 2 games.

DT: Big Sed Ellis missed 3 games.

Hollis Thomas missed 8 games. IR

Antwan Lake missed 5 games.

Bryan Young missed 8 games. IR

Kendrick Clancy missed 4 games.

Demario Pressely missed the entire season, all 16. IR

Two other DT's were placed on IR also. IR(X2)

OLB: Fujita missed 3 games. A UDFA started those.

The UDFA missed 1 game.

Troy Evans (ST leader) missed a game.

Mark Simoneau missed all 16, IR before the season. IR

MLB: Marvin Mitchell missed 1 game.

CB: Randall Gay missed 3 games.

Jason David missed 2 games.

Usama Young missed 1 game.

Aaron Glenn missed 12 games. IR

Mike Mckenzie missed 9 games. IR

Tracy Porter missed 11 games. IR

FS: Kaesivharn missed 5 games. IR

SS: Roman Harper missed 1 game.

K: Went through 3 kickers.

P: Went through 3 punters.

Too say injuries did not play a part in the Saints going 8-8 this season is crazy.

eh, i really dont feel like reading all that, i will just take your word for it

Just the fact that you do not feel like reading it should tell you the Saints had A TON of injuries last season.

I saw a break down of the injuries in the NFL in 08, the Saints were the second worst and the Falcons were the second best.

Just the fact that you do not feel like reading it should tell you the Saints had A TON of injuries last season.

I saw a break down of the injuries in the NFL in 08, the Saints were the second worst and the Falcons were the second best.

sir, i already conceded the point to you. if you persist in this, i will have to start acting a fool, and arguing points that really dont make sense.

So enjoy your small victory, i am way to lazy.

and would you care to share a link to the breakdown of injuries in 08. I think i would like to read that. Thanks.

sir, i already conceded the point to you. if you persist in this, i will have to start acting a fool, and arguing points that really dont make sense.

So enjoy your small victory, i am way to lazy.

and would you care to share a link to the breakdown of injuries in 08. I think i would like to read that. Thanks.

WTF are you talking about? Sometimes I wonder about you. The fact that I said you not wanting to read something means that it is A LOT doesn't make sense? What does make sense to you? You can't get much more into it than that.

I read this at the end of the regular season, it was on Saintsreport. If I can find the link I will post it.

WTF are you talking about? Sometimes I wonder about you. The fact that I said you not wanting to read something means that it is A LOT doesn't make sense? What does make sense to you? You can't get much more into it than that.

I read this at the end of the regular season, it was on Saintsreport. If I can find the link I will post it.

dont read to much into my post. but no, it doesnt make much sense. I have no idea why me not reading your post has anything to do with the validity of said article. I know i am important and all. But the point is, of my origanal post, was that i took your word for it. Why you had to add to this, saying the fact that i didnt want to read it should tell me that there was A TON of injuries is really beyond me. Makes NO SENSE. The only thing that tells me is that i didnt want to read about a bunch of saint women crying about turf in their viginas.

dont read to much into my post. but no, it doesnt make much sense. I have no idea why me not reading your post has anything to do with the validity of said article. I know i am important and all. But the point is, of my origanal post, was that i took your word for it. Why you had to add to this, saying the fact that i didnt want to read it should tell me that there was A TON of injuries is really beyond me. Makes NO SENSE. The only thing that tells me is that i didnt want to read about a bunch of saint women crying about turf in their viginas.

Jesus Christ dude, REALLY?!?!

And why did you not feeling like reading all that? BECAUSE IT WAS ALOT!!!

Which then goes back to me saying, that proves that the Saints had a lot of injuries, the fact that you do not want to read all of it. What part of that is so hard to understand? Maybe I should have worded it for a elementary education?

You said you do not feel like reading all that, and I said because it was a lot. Holy cow...

Jesus Christ dude, REALLY?!?!

And why did you not feeling like reading all that? BECAUSE IT WAS ALOT!!!

Which then goes back to me saying, that proves that the Saints had a lot of injuries, the fact that you do not want to read all of it. What part of that is so hard to understand? Maybe I should have worded it for a elementary education?

You said you do not feel like reading all that, and I said because it was a lot. Holy cow...

HAHAHA, oh, wow. No, i get it now. My bad, i walked into that one. My bad. Yes, i get it. I actually had to go back and read it. See i figured i you were just going on and on about bush and how you can play with his numbers and if you add it all, divide by 3, round to the nearst 100th, and then add 4 that he would be awesome. But no, all kidding aside, i know what you are saying now. I was a little slow on that. Forgive me, i am 6 beers in.

HAHAHA, oh, wow. No, i get it now. My bad, i walked into that one. My bad. Yes, i get it. I actually had to go back and read it. See i figured i you were just going on and on about bush and how you can play with his numbers and if you add it all, divide by 3, round to the nearst 100th, and then add 4 that he would be awesome. But no, all kidding aside, i know what you are saying now. I was a little slow on that. Forgive me, i am 6 beers in.

Lol, no problem. I was getting a little frustrated. But it is all good now.

And about Reggie, to be totally honest, I do not care what people think of him. Some people know his value, and some don't. Not a big deal. If he could get the Saints 100+ yards and a TD a game I am more than happy with that. If he could get the Saints the 175 yards and nearly 2 TD's a game he was getting before his injury I would cry tears of joy.

Lol, no problem. I was getting a little frustrated. But it is all good now.

And about Reggie, to be totally honest, I do not care what people think of him. Some people know his value, and some don't. Not a big deal. If he could get the Saints 100+ yards and a TD a game I am more than happy with that. If he could get the Saints the 175 yards and nearly 2 TD's a game he was getting before his injury I would cry tears of joy.

haha, yeah. i just like giving a bunch of crap about bush. but thats because im a falcon fan. He has his moments.