Early season Power poll has Falcons leading the way in the NFC South...

The Giants,Eagles,and Vkings(when they sign Garcia)are all better than ATL and as a matter of fact I think the Saints will be the team rising out of that division.

I like the 49ers to make a big improvement in the NFC and the Texans to do the same out of the AFC.

You mean the Viking team we just beat and ran all over? The Same Saints team that has been 15-17 the last two seasons? The Eagles no, G-Men maybe?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Falcons cannot even produce back to back winning seasons(ever).

The Eagles have beat the Falcons 4 of the last 5 meetings(twice in the playoffs).

The Falcons dont really scare me(no defense)and a running game that disappears like against the Eagles this past year(27-14 Eagles).

Maybe in a few years but,as of now the Giants and Eagles are clearly better as is the whole NFC East as seen when the East swept the South this past season(4-0).

The Vikes have a horrible QB and outside of that their team is set(maybe another WR).

Your a Falcons fan and have a great future ahead and should be a playoff team(if they break their historic trend)but,when it comes down to it I just dont think they`ll be there.

Who knows maybe they`ll prove me wrong.. ;)

Our offense went from hot, steaming garbage to way above average in one season....with a rookie QB.

Now just imagine what will happen with an improved defense?

We are also the youngest team in the NFL South...which shows we have room for improvement.

Truth has been told, hey you think you lame *** nascar hill billy's will be touting your paper champ crowns this year. Freaking losers !

Nah, it's going to be all yours. And from the show of humility here, it's clear that you'll buy in to your own hype too. Not that that's unreasonable, because I remember how exciting the hype leading into the 2006 season was for us. It's just going to be interesting to see what happens when Falcons fans can't pull that "Paper Champions" **** anymore.

On second thought, humility is probably the wrong word, because that implies that you actually accomplished something. Last I checked, you're still hanging out with us in the first round losers lounge.

"lame *** nascar hill billy's". Have they eliminated English from public schools in Georgia or something?

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
Nah, it's going to be all yours. And from the show of humility here, it's clear that you'll buy in to your own hype too. Not that that's unreasonable, because I remember how exciting the hype leading into the 2006 season was for us. It's just going to be interesting to see what happens when Falcons fans can't pull that "Paper Champions" **** anymore.

On second thought, humility is probably the wrong word, because that implies that you actually accomplished something. Last I checked, you're still hanging out with us in the first round losers lounge.

"lame *** nascar hill billy's". Have they eliminated English from public schools in Georgia or something?

The last time the BUCS were referred to as "Paper Champions" we won the Lombardi Trophy the following season!

Our offense went from hot, steaming garbage to way above average in one season....with a rookie QB.

Now just imagine what will happen with an improved defense?

We are also the youngest team in the NFL South...which shows we have room for improvement.

Nothing new. Lets see if they can continue to be above average.

Considering the year before that, there is also room for caution. Tell that to your team.

Listen, you've had two bad seasons in a row. Don't worry about us, you need to worry about righting your own ship...if Payton FAILS again do you replace him? I mean Mora had a better start in his first three season than Payton has!

Listen, you've had two bad seasons in a row. Don't worry about us, you need to worry about righting your own ship...if Payton FAILS again do you replace him? I mean Mora had a better start in his first three season than Payton has!

I am. I'm just saying that it could easly happen to you this season. So don't worry about us either. You need to worry more about your ship than ours.

I am. I'm just saying that it could easly happen to you this season. So don't worry about us either. You need to worry more about your ship than ours.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, our ship just sailed to 11-5 and we've got the coach of the year, plus, GM of the year, not to mention arguably one of the best owners in the league? We're also being rated the highest NFC team in the power polls this season. What does this mean? Nothing really but, if you weigh out all those intangibles the Falcons future does look quite promising, don't you agree?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, our ship just sailed to 11-5 and we've got the coach of the year, plus, GM of the year, not to mention arguably one of the best owners in the league? We're also being rated the highest NFC team in the power polls this season. What does this mean? Nothing really but, if you weigh out all those intangibles the Falcons future does look quite promising, don't you agree?

Yeah, it's almost like they're the paper champions or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we go 10-6 and to the NFC CG. We have the coach of the year in 06. We had the best offence in the league. We were, as you put it, picked to go to the SB. Sounds familiar? We did all that only to follow with 7-9 and 8-8 seasons. It's happened before and could happen to you. The odds are not in your favor. Remember the whole teams watch film thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we go 10-6 and to the NFC CG. We have the coach of the year in 06. We had the best offence in the league. We were, as you put it, picked to go to the SB. Sounds familiar? We did all that only to follow with 7-9 and 8-8 seasons. It's happened before and could happen to you. The odds are not in your favor. Remember the whole teams watch film thing.

It's going to be an interesting offseason for sure. After years of bellyaching about how Carolina and New Orleans are the media sweethearts and perennial paper champions, Falcons fans are going to get a taste of it, probably buy their own hype, and possibly be disappointed. It takes a while to wipe the bad taste of unfulfilled expectations out of your mouth, as I'm sure both of us know.