Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrprettydik

who thinks Vick cant pass?

104 posts in this topic

To all of you Vick haters you better hope we dont play the 49ers this season they are already talkin about signing Reeves if they get Vick i pray to god we dont play these guys.For all you haters going by stats talking about well Vick is inconsistent you are crazy when he played with Roddy White who has still proved to this day he drops passes.He dropped passes thats has cost us one game against Denver.That if we had of won that game Arizona mightve been playing us in the dome.Because we wouldve had that 2nd seed an been 12-4.remember the Vikings game an Arizona game where he dropped passes that couldve been huge plays.

Vick has his best passing season under Reeves with his first time being a starter.When he had decent receivers stop feeding into that media crap.Remember when our team was on the same page when we played the Steelers where Vick threw 4 td passes.GTFO with that he cant pass if you had his athleticism u would use it too.That might just have something to do with being the best mobile qb the league has ever seen.As far as his pass ratings being in the 50's. Think about it 4 a second.OK times up.The falcons led the league i think with drops both years Roddy and Jenkins played with Vick.I know Vick throws laser beams sometimes but most of their drops were when he put the ball right in their frikkin hands.Remember that special Brian Baldinger had about our drops in 06.

When he was like thats why the falcons were losing games were because of the drops.remember Peerless sorry azz and Dez White were here before Jenkins an Roddy.Well to all you Vick haters that maybe why his stats were'nt that good, ever think about that,and as far as reading defense's go.With vick's atheleticism he could use that an it would'nt matter.SO STOP HATING ON VICK.I WILL ALWAYS BE A VICK FAN TIL I DIE! BUT I DO LOVE MATT RYAN! HE IS GREAT! BUT LETS JUST PRAY WE BUILD OUR DEFENSE RIGHT IN THE OFFSEASON,CUZ I DO NOT WANNA FACE THIS GUY.WHEN VICK COMES BACK,KEEP IN MIND HE IS GOING TO HAVE A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER AS IF ITS SOMETHING HE'S GOT TO PROVE.IM TELLING YALL now.SO STOP SAYING THE MAN CANT THROW,THATS B.S remember being the first team to beat Green Bay in a playoff game in lambeau field.Remember Vick an our D getting us to the NFC championship game.Stop Hating the guy can pass.He was never surrounded with great receivers,because Roddy an Jenkins could'nt catch at the time,and yall know im right!

Vick could not throw CATCHABLE passes. He had no touch, no finesse. A rocket arm does not make a good QB. Lack of film study and a good work ethic would have helped. A few morals and a bit of character off the field also would have been nice. I was a Vick fan but considered him uncoachable and unwilling to work to improve. And he was the king of fumbles. Try to find one QB with more fumbles during a four year period as Vick did between 2004 - 2006. Turnovers lose games, folks.

Wrong, he could throw touch on passes, and slants. His problem was the mental aspect of playing QB. He didn't know how to read coverages, or when to run or not. He got too excited a lot of times, and lack of patience was his biggest failure.

Ok, he COULD throw them, he just could not do it well. Yes he had a huge problem with the mental part of the game as well, but the short/intermediate throws were not a part of his better abilities.

Maybe we should teach Vick to read a defense, how 'bout it???? Teams blitzed Ryan early & often too this season, by game 14, he had taken no sacks off of a blitz (not sure about the last 2 games). Difference between Vick & Ryan there is Ryan understood what the defenses were doing & knew where to go with the ball, and he could do it accurately.

You Its impossible to tell whether or not he could read defenses if he was not allowed to make pre-snap decisions. No QB. I repeat No QB can be successful with Knapp as their OC. Knapp kills QBs everywhere he goes. Vick could read D's in college and when Reeves was hear he managed to do well. Ryan does not do well against blitzes. we only won one game against a good D that Blitzed. Vick was blessed with ability to turn a blitz into a 20 yard rush sometimes. Ryan aint doing that. You saw for yourself how awful and beat up the oline was last year with the other QBs. No QB can be successful with that.

A QB's job is to win games. Why is 30 through the air better than 30 yards on the ground if it gets you 30 yards? the QuarterBack is a back too?

Put me back there with no rush and I can throw the ball pretty well too.

Meaning he could pass. QB's are suppose to have protection?

How well would you pass with no protection?

You Its impossible to tell whether or not he could read defenses if he was not allowed to make pre-snap decisions. No QB. I repeat No QB can be successful with Knapp as their OC. Knapp kills QBs everywhere he goes. Vick could read D's in college and when Reeves was hear he managed to do well. Ryan does not do well against blitzes. we only won one game against a good D that Blitzed. Vick was blessed with ability to turn a blitz into a 20 yard rush sometimes. Ryan aint doing that. You saw for yourself how awful and beat up the oline was last year with the other QBs. No QB can be successful with that.

A QB's job is to win games. Why is 30 through the air better than 30 yards on the ground if it gets you 30 yards? the QuarterBack is a back too?

Meaning he could pass. QB's are suppose to have protection?

How well would you pass with no protection?

good point. Everyone wanted to say Vick couldnt do this or that but truthfully the WRs didnt have but 4 or 5 chances to catch a ball during the game and the play design was horrible anyway. Ryan didnt make this line better. Coaching did.

Fixed. :D

Thats funny, R. Moss, L. Fitz, A. Johnson seem to dominate regardless of who is throwing them the ball.

It goes hand and hand buddy.

i bet vick will become a better quarterback after he gets out of jail. he notices what happened to all his property and teams aren't willing to give him a huge contract. he's only got so long before he can't play anymore and he certainly isn't the most competent human being. i remember when he was talking about his retirement a year or so ago. lmao he's going to have to play in this league at least five more years now.

Yea, Ppl forget that Vick had a lot of problems with protection and his WRs but that time is passed. Ryan is our QB now so let's move on.

Thats funny, R. Moss, L. Fitz, A. Johnson seem to dominate regardless of who is throwing them the ball.

I was just pointing that out, cause by his logic then DMac isn't considered a good QB? 'Cause Thrash, Stallworth, Pinkston, Mitchell, all became world beaters after they left Philly right? Brady and Manning. IMO the only QB's that can make mickey mouse receivers look unreal. It's hilarious the WR excuse only works with certain QB's. Funny that you mentioned Moss; he was putting up All-Pro numbers in Oaktown. Oh wait....

:: remembers the times when Finneran was lovingly called "SKILLET HANDS" ::

so roddy learned how to catch when redman and harrington were at qb? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Its easier to catch passes when you are not downfield blocking for a running qb. Get a clue.

ok this is garbage. Finnerman once said he liked it when Vick started scrambling because HE WOULD COME BACK TO VICK AND LOOK TO CATCH A PASS. But that just being a good wr.

Just because you can throw a ball 70 yards in the air or you can throw it 100 miles an hour, it doesn't make you a good QB.

Vick didn't trust anybody but Crumpler???? Vick looked middle of the field, and rarely to the outside, that's why he threw to Crumpler & Finneran so much, they both worked the middle of the field.

Vick couldn't throw the slant pass to save his life, that's why he was never a fit for Mora's WCO. Vick couldn't throw a touch outlet pass to a RB. But he could toss the ball effortlessly 60 yards downfield & hope that a receiver would adjust to where ever the ball was going because neither Vick nor the WR knew where that was going to be when it was released.

Vick routinely threw passes behind receivers. Vick routinely threw passes into the defended side of the receiver (against where a WR had established position). Those type throws, while some Vick supporters considered them drops because they were within a 5 foot radius of the receiver, were actually either extremely tough catches for any receiver in the league or ended up being defended passes because the ball was in a position for the defender to make a play on it without getting tagged for PI.

If Vick could have been a more accurate passer, or if he could have thrown the ball with more touch, or if he had spent enough time in the film room & working with the receivers, the we'd be having a completely different conversation right now.

"If Vick could have been a more accurate passer, or if he could have thrown the ball with more touch, or if he had spent enough time in the film room & working with the receivers, the we'd be having a completely different conversation right now."

The rule is......if the ball touches ur hand you catch it. Stallworth and Swan never seem to have a problem ......and Bradshaw was way off lots of times.

lol @ people saying vick can pass. dude kept throwing bullet passes those arent so easy to catch.

well he pass's when he isnt running... (20% of the time)

lol @ people saying vick can pass. dude kept throwing bullet passes those arent so easy to catch.

well he pass's when he isnt running... (20% of the time)

Ask John Elway's and Brett Favre's wide receivers about catching bullets. In the NFL, if it hits your hands, you catch it.

Wrong, he could throw touch on passes, and slants. His problem was the mental aspect of playing QB. He didn't know how to read coverages, or when to run or not. He got too excited a lot of times, and lack of patience was his biggest failure.

I'd have a "lack of patience" too given the p-poor blocking. How many times I saw Vick drop back and b4 he could complete the drop

ya' D-linemen all over his azz.

Just because there are great WRs out there doesn't disprove my point.

We used Vick as a running QB when what we should have done, was view him as a passing QB that had the ABILITY to run. Completely different ways to view things. And that means we should have gotten him top tiered linemen for him to play behind instead of using our picks on other random positions.

Vick didn't respect Reeves or the Franchise enough to abandon his plans to establish an illegal dog fghting ring. It was set up in 2001/2002, when Reeves was still the coach here.
Lord have mercy. You sound like ESPN and CNN. This is only media talk. ####, I saw him playing football.

And have you seen him play football the last 2 years? No? Why, because he wouldn't give up dogfighting.

... Ryan does not do well against blitzes. we only won one game against a good D that Blitzed. Vick was blessed with ability to turn a blitz into a 20 yard rush sometimes. ...

Ryan threw 5 TD passes against the blitz, had a QB rating of 85- his total QB rating was 87- he did well against blitzes.

Yeah Vick would give you an occasional 20 yard run, he also averaged 40+ sacks a year the last 3 years of his career.