Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.CharlestonChad.

Matt Ryan vs. Mike Vick stats

Who was the better QB?   136 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Matt Ryan
    • Mike Vick

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

96 posts in this topic

not several, two. and yes, he was consistantly shut down by good defenses. tampa many times, chicago, and philly come to mind.

These are the same teams that everyone else in the NFL at the time had problems with. These teams are traditional defense oriented teams. Try again....

:huh: What does that even mean?

Am I set in my ways because.....I am realistic or because I just don't agree with you?

Because you're saying, "Stop Hating"...sounds ridiculous....

From the numbers it looks like Vick is better.

Vick rose to the occasion in the GB playoff game and CARRIED THIS TEAM on his shoulders to victory.

This just proves you didn't even watch the game. Our defense and special teams CARRIED THIS TEAM to victory in GB. The defense only allowed 7 points, generated 5 turnovers, and scored a TD. Vick had 181 total yards (rushing and passing) with 1 TD. Yet you think he "carried" us to victory :rolleyes:

This just proves you didn't even watch the game. Our defense and special teams CARRIED THIS TEAM to victory in GB. The defense only allowed 7 points, generated 5 turnovers, and scored a TD. Vick had 181 total yards (rushing and passing) with 1 TD. Yet you think he "carried" us to victory :rolleyes:

Thats only 14 pts....where did the other 14 come from??

Opening drive 10 yard pass from Vick to Jefferson - 76 yard Drive & 6 yard run by TJ - 21 yard drive

Score should have been higher but we missed 2 FGs & had to punt when we couldn't drive from the Green Bay 38 & 30

Duckett rushed for a TD (21 points) and we got 2 field goals. It was 27-7.

We had 2 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 sacks, and a blocked punt in that game. Vick did his part by not turning the ball over, but 13/25 for 117 yards passing (40 came from Warrick Dunn) and 10 carries for 64 yards can hardly be considered carrying the team that day.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?gam...p;override=true

Just going over some stats at work.

I wanted to compare Ryan's season (2008) to Vick's all-time best season (2002)

Vick: 24 TD's 14 TO's 3713 total yards

Ryan: 17 TD's 12 TO's 3544 total yards

Records:

Vick: 9-6-1

Ryan: 11-5

Division:

2nd

2nd

Playoffs:

Vick: 27-7 at Packers 117 yds. 1 TD 64 yds rushing

Ryan: 24-30 at Cardinals 199 yds 2 TD 2 INT 6 yds rushing

Kind of silly to compare a QB's BEST season to a QB's ROOKIE season isn't it? Just curious as to why this would seem a viable comparison?

Either compare rookie year to rookie year or wait 7 years out and compare best year to best year.

Or better yet - appreciate the accomplishments Vick had here as Vick's accomplishments and appreciate the accomplishments Ryan has/will have here as Ryan's accomplishments. The two compared to each other should not be in contention.

the fact that the best season passing Vick had in his entire career was for under 3,000 yards, I think it is obvious we have upgraded the position w Ryan.

take Vicks average and compare it.

Ryan....better yards, TDs, compl %, rating....basically everything is better.

And since winning is all that matter, Ryan has more wins as a rookie than Vicks average per season as well.

Regarding the question why is Ryan only campared to Vick....

I agree it is old, but Ryan replaced Vick.

It is the same reason Rodgers is compared to Favre and not Bart Starr......because a comparison to an old timer is pretty irrelevant.

Next season when Ryan throws for 3,500+ and 30 tds nobody will be able to debate anymore.

the fact that the best season passing Vick had in his entire career was for under 3,000 yards, I think it is obvious we have upgraded the position w Ryan.

take Vicks average and compare it.

Ryan....better yards, TDs, compl %, rating....basically everything is better.

And since winning is all that matter, Ryan has more wins as a rookie than Vicks average per season as well.

Regarding the question why is Ryan only campared to Vick....

I agree it is old, but Ryan replaced Vick.

It is the same reason Rodgers is compared to Favre and not Bart Starr......because a comparison to an old timer is pretty irrelevant.

Next season when Ryan throws for 3,500+ and 30 tds nobody will be able to debate anymore.

I thought that Ryan replaced and competed with Harrington.... :mellow:

Use you imagination dude....

I'm insuating that you're doing all of the voting with multiple logins..... :lol: Just having a lil fun witcha....

OH :lol:

Nah I just have one but, now that you mention it.........I have work to do.

I'll take the playoff victories over one and done at 11-5 any day, passing yards and stats be darned. Funny how Vick all of a sudden to some didn't have anything to do with our playoff victories in the past and to some Ryan does not have anything to do with our playoff loss, people need to grow up. I like Matt Ryan but his game can be picked apart like anyone else's. LOL @ stats, If we are sitting here over the next 2 years without a couple of playoff wins Ryan will be getting filleted on the boards, bank on it.

Whats up with people saying vick couldnt pass.the man could throw the ball. Its just that, that was the time all our receivers sucked..yes including roddy white..Remember our receivers sucked real bad cause the excuse was he threw too hard.. <_<

I just dont understand why we cant talk about vick without all the negatives.. he made some amazing plays and i think people here forget what he did. but other than that..Matt Ryan is our main guy so lets just relax and watch some playoff football

Lets go ravens.. you just have to cheer for a defense like that..except freaking Flacco.. people are giving him way to much credit.

I'll take the playoff victories over one and done at 11-5 any day, passing yards and stats be darned. Funny how Vick all of a sudden to some didn't have anything to do with our playoff victories in the past and to some Ryan does not have anything to do with our playoff loss, people need to grow up. I like Matt Ryan but his game can be picked apart like anyone else's. LOL @ stats, If we are sitting here over the next 2 years without a couple of playoff wins Ryan will be getting filleted on the boards, bank on it.

So if you were given the option of having Michael Vick (none of the off field stuff, just as a player) from 2002, you would take him over Matt Ryan now for the next 10 years?

end thread.

You are nutts...Vick for the most part always put the team in position to win. Name me one QB that would've won that Carolina game (Superman dive, knees inches from the ground, low flight into the endzone)...remember that?

man what a great play that was !!! B)

I thought that Ryan replaced and competed with Harrington.... :mellow:

yeah, because Harrington was brought in with the intention of starting.

If your gonna be a smart *** at least get it right. Leftwich replaced Harrington, Redman replaced Leftwich and Ryan replaced Redman.

I liked Vick on the field. But I am confident he wont compare to Ryan when all is said and done. And thats more praise on Ryan's part than knocking on Vick.

Vick was a fun player, but he couldnt do passing in 7 years what Ryan completed as a rookie.

Whats up with people saying vick couldnt pass.the man could throw the ball. Its just that, that was the time all our receivers sucked..yes including roddy white..Remember our receivers sucked real bad cause the excuse was he threw too hard.. <_<

I just dont understand why we cant talk about vick without all the negatives.. he made some amazing plays and i think people here forget what he did. but other than that..Matt Ryan is our main guy so lets just relax and watch some playoff football

Lets go ravens.. you just have to cheer for a defense like that..except freaking Flacco.. people are giving him way to much credit.

Of course they've forgotten. Their hate has consumed them to the point not being able to remember anything but negative ON FIELD performance. You'd think his on field performance would have him as the WORST to ever play the position for the Falcons.... <_<

the whole point of the thread is to show that it's not impossible for a young QB to show amazing potential and not develop into a HOFer. Ryan has been crowned a future HOFer by many on this board, as well as every major sports writer in this country. Give the kid some slack, please.