Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.CharlestonChad.

Matt Ryan vs. Mike Vick stats

Who was the better QB?   136 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Matt Ryan
    • Mike Vick

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

96 posts in this topic

Wow, pretty dang close together.

Matt is no doubt gonna be the better QB. 2002 was Vick's SECOND season.

Ok...so he went 3-1 in his first season...

But you are right, they are close. As far as right now, I'd still have to go Vick. He went into GB and smashed them...... B)

Yeah, comparing the two doesn't make much sense since they're completely different QBs with different offensive styles around them.

It would be better to compare Matty Ice to the rookie seasons of Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, etc.

Compare him to Flacco.... <_<

Just going over some stats at work.

I wanted to compare Ryan's season (2008) to Vick's all-time best season (2002)

Vick: 24 TD's 14 TO's 3713 total yards

Ryan: 17 TD's 12 TO's 3544 total yards

Records:

Vick: 9-6-1

Ryan: 11-5

Division:

2nd

2nd

Playoffs:

Vick: 27-7 at Packers 117 yds. 1 TD 64 yds rushing

Ryan: 24-30 at Cardinals 199 yds 2 TD 2 INT 6 yds rushing

Games missed from imprisonment:

Vick: Falcons career

Ryan: 0

fixed

vick is getting owned. it's funny that the best season in vick's career is comparable to ryan's rookie year.

Ya. It worries me though. Vick's best season was the first one where he was the 1st string QB. All the journalists were saying Vick had a super high ceiling and was a franchise QB that would take our young team to the promise land. Now Ryan gets the same attention.

Vick would not have won that Bears game in the last 11 seconds, not that he would have had the chance - Chicago would have spied him, not rushed too far upfield and contain him for the game.

If you can't tell the difference from watching the games then there probably isn't going to be a point in arguing. I like what Vick did in Atlanta, and I supported him, but we were waiting on potential for years. You could say the same thing with Ryan, but he achieved a lot as just a rookie. If I had to pick one of the two at the beginning of their careers, it would be Ryan and I wouldn't think twice.

And all are under performing for other teams. The purging was on a talent basis, not a character basis like we all liked to believe when Smith and Co. took over.

I think in D. Hall's case, it was all about character. You may have a point with Crump.

Ahhh, the self anointed "pwned" boy. Welcome to the internet.

:lol:

I had to! No one else ever throws it out there and it is fun.

I am not supposed to take this thread seriously am I?

Vick would not have won that Bears game in the last 11 seconds, not that he would have had the chance - Chicago would have spied him, not rushed too far upfield and contain him for the game.

If you can't tell the difference from watching the games then there probably isn't going to be a point in arguing. I like what Vick did in Atlanta, and I supported him, but we were waiting on potential for years. You could say the same thing with Ryan, but he achieved a lot as just a rookie. If I had to pick one of the two at the beginning of their careers, it would be Ryan and I wouldn't think twice.

You are nutts...Vick for the most part always put the team in position to win. Name me one QB that would've won that Carolina game (Superman dive, knees inches from the ground, low flight into the endzone)...remember that?

You are nutts...Vick for the most part always put the team in position to win. Name me one QB that would've won that Carolina game (Superman dive, knees inches from the ground, low flight into the endzone)...remember that?

Oh who cares!!!

Of course everyone remembers that. The people on Vick's jock are constantly reminding everyone of how he had that dive into the endzone.

It doesn't matter anymore and I doubt he could do that again. The man has spent 2 years out of the league and will probably spend a 3rd out of the league and you can not do that and come back and dominate a league that has done nothing but, get younger and faster.

LET....IT.....GO!!!!

Oh who cares!!!

Of course everyone remembers that. The people on Vick's jock are constantly reminding everyone of how he had that dive into the endzone.

It doesn't matter anymore and I doubt he could do that again. The man has spent 2 years out of the league and will probably spend a 3rd out of the league and you can not do that and come back and dominate a league that has done nothing but, get younger and faster.

LET....IT.....GO!!!!

Let what go? You trying to silence me...but you get to rant and rag in all of these other threads....??? Please...the guy said that Vick wouldn't have won the Chicago Game...so I had to remind him of one of the many games that Vick has won when we had the ball last.....I don't appreciate you telling me to "Let it Go".... <_<

Let it go.

Vick would not have won that Chicago game.

No one is tring to silence you. Just tring to keep you from beating a dead horse on a dumb subject.

Ya. It worries me though. Vick's best season was the first one where he was the 1st string QB. All the journalists were saying Vick had a super high ceiling and was a franchise QB that would take our young team to the promise land. Now Ryan gets the same attention.

the difference between vick and ryan is that vick never really developed into a good passer and therefore good defenses who brought disciplined pressure were able to completely shut him down. ryan shouldn't have that issue.

Let it go.

Vick would not have won that Chicago game.

No one is tring to silence you. Just tring to keep you from beating a dead horse on a dumb subject.

Perhaps I should go back and look. But I don't recall you telling the author of this thread to "Let it Go".... <_<<_<

that was an awesome play but alot of qbs could have won that game with a good pass.

Perhaps I should go back and look. But I don't recall you telling the author of this thread to "Let it Go".... <_<<_<

:lol:

Forget that. The author of this thread wasn't defending Vick or bringing up a play that defends him. I don't need to tell him to let it go.

He just threw up some stats.

the difference between vick and ryan is that vick never really developed into a good passer and therefore good defenses who brought disciplined pressure were able to completely shut him down. ryan shouldn't have that issue.

Ten games over .500, several playoff victories, but he was shut down? I don't get it... <_<

Or lost it with an INT......come on....stop hating....

:lol::lol::lol:

Stop hating!!! :lol:

I wish you had a small idea of how ridiculous that sounds.

Ten games over .500, several playoff victories, but he was shut down? I don't get it... <_<

not several, two. and yes, he was consistantly shut down by good defenses. tampa many times, chicago, and philly come to mind.

:lol::lol::lol:

Stop hating!!! :lol:

I wish you had a small idea of how ridiculous that sounds.

Perhaps it sounds ridiculous to you because you are soooo set in your ways.... -_-

Perhaps it sounds ridiculous to you because you are soooo set in your ways.... -_-

:huh: What does that even mean?

Am I set in my ways because.....I am realistic or because I just don't agree with you?