Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.CharlestonChad.

Matt Ryan vs. Mike Vick stats

Who was the better QB?   136 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Matt Ryan
    • Mike Vick

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

96 posts in this topic

Just going over some stats at work.

I wanted to compare Ryan's season (2008) to Vick's all-time best season (2002)

Vick: 24 TD's 14 TO's 3713 total yards

Ryan: 17 TD's 12 TO's 3544 total yards

Records:

Vick: 9-6-1

Ryan: 11-5

Division:

2nd

2nd

Playoffs:

Vick: 27-7 at Packers 117 yds. 1 TD 64 yds rushing

Ryan: 24-30 at Cardinals 199 yds 2 TD 2 INT 6 yds rushing

Records:

Division:

2nd

2nd

Playoffs:

Wow, pretty dang close together.

Matt is no doubt gonna be the better QB. 2002 was Vick's SECOND season.

Why do you guys keep trying to compare Vick to Ryan. If you going to do that dont forget to add Playoff record then.

LET THIS CRAP GO MAN.

I wish Vick the best wherever he goes to play(as long as it doesn't hurt the Falcons). I look forward to watching his games.

Yeah, comparing the two doesn't make much sense since they're completely different QBs with different offensive styles around them.

It would be better to compare Matty Ice to the rookie seasons of Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, etc.

i hope we get a good player for Vick and though the stats are pretty equal and this is one of Vick's best years(2nd) compared to ryan's first as a rookie, anyways we need to get rid of these posts you can't compare two different offenses and QBs

Why is Vick the only QB we ever make comparison's to? Why not Chris Miller, Jeff George, Bobby Hebert.....etc. Why? Because those comparisons would seem pointless wouldn't they....so is this. This is going to be an annoying offseason. I can already tell. <_<

Ugh. I hope one day that these discussions will stop. I am sure Vick will play again and he does deserve a second chance imho, but for me there is only one QB for the Falcons. During MV's time here I felt like I was always defending his ability as a QB to everyone I met. With Matty I never have to do that.

Its kind of nice. For the first time in years I feel like people respect this team. So yeah Matt's rookie season stats are in line with Vick's 2nd season stats, but in this case stats don't even begin to tell the story.

Why is Vick the only QB we ever make comparison's to? Why not Chris Miller, Jeff George, Bobby Hebert.....etc. Why? Because those comparisons would seem pointless wouldn't they....so is this. This is going to be an annoying offseason. I can already tell. <_<

FINALLY ......... "A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART." CAN'T THESE GUYS THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE ??? :huh:

Records:

Division:

2nd

2nd

Playoffs:

From the numbers it looks like Vick is better.

Vick rose to the occasion in the GB playoff game and CARRIED THIS TEAM on his shoulders to victory.

From the numbers it looks like Vick is better.

Vick rose to the occasion in the GB playoff game and CARRIED THIS TEAM on his shoulders to victory.

Vick was self centered. It was all about him and not the team. He proved it by all antics off the field. I'm proud to see the falcons wash their hands of this guy.

Records:

Division:

2nd

2nd

Playoffs:

Why do you guys keep trying to compare Vick to Ryan. If you going to do that dont forget to add Playoff record then.

LET THIS CRAP GO MAN.

1. It's fun

2. I did add playoff record

3. Thanks for the bump tho

Vick was self centered. It was all about him and not the team. He proved it by all antics off the field. I'm proud to see the falcons wash their hands of this guy.

If Vick was so self centered, then why did we have players running around on national TV supporting the man?

instead of putting total yards, how bout you show passing yards since they are QBs

That makes no sense. You sound like someone what was hollering for Schuab to start since he's a pocket passer. A QB's job is the move the ball downfield. Makes no difference how they go about doing it.

If Vick was so self centered, then why did we have players running around on national TV supporting the man?

All those players, with the exception of Roddy, are now elsewhere.

That makes no sense. You sound like someone what was hollering for Schuab to start since he's a pocket passer. A QB's job is the move the ball downfield. Makes no difference how they go about doing it.

Schaub does put up better passing numbers than Vick ever did.

PWNED!

All those players, with the exception of Roddy, are now elsewhere.

And all are under performing for other teams. The purging was on a talent basis, not a character basis like we all liked to believe when Smith and Co. took over.