East-West Shrine Game

Norwood32

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...-game-report-2/

– South Carolina OL Jamon Meredith: His upside has made area scouts say they want to watch some of his junior tapes in order to get a better read on his ability. He seems relaxed and confident the past two practices, which does not equate to what I saw on most film this season. He’s athletic on the right side, able to set and keep his feet under him and not over-extend in nearly all of his one-on-one match-ups. It’s a deep upper-class of OT’s, but he’s showing a real turnaround here.

– Stillman (Ala.) DT Sammie Lee Hill: A slightly strained left hamstring will sideline him for possibly the rest of the week and the game, although he will remain in Houston with a chance to rehab here. If his injury improves, he may attempt to play in Saturday’s game.

–Oregon LB/DE Nick Reed: You know one thing from watching this kid — he’s a football player. Forget about Combine numbers or his lack of size; he is just a baller when he suits up. Making a transition to outside linebacker this week. Still learning but always in the mix. He’ll make a roster somewhere and play longer than most of the guys drafted above him, mainly because of his motor and intensity.

Man I really think Meredith will be a good option for us at RT. It's good to hear he's doing good.

thanks for the links. feel a bit like cheating reading some of the evaluation. very good fine.

on a side note looks like clinton mcdonald played DE too. he did not break out until 2006 and became full time starter. he was team captain in 2007. not alot of sack tallies or impressive on the stats but we all know better than to soley rely on stats.

only question mark i see is that he is coming off an ankle injury but prior to that he started almost all his games in the last 3 years.

I found this note on Bear Pascoe on Draft Scout that wasn't too flattering:

01/13/09 - East-West Shrine Monday practice: Fresno State's Bear Pascoe struggled to get off the line of scrimmage and could not separate from any linebacker at the second level, making it tough for the quarterback to even try to throw the ball to him. - Chad Reuter, The SportsXchange, NFL Draft Scout

I found this note on Bear Pascoe on Draft Scout that wasn't too flattering:

01/13/09 - East-West Shrine Monday practice: Fresno State's Bear Pascoe struggled to get off the line of scrimmage and could not separate from any linebacker at the second level, making it tough for the quarterback to even try to throw the ball to him. - Chad Reuter, The SportsXchange, NFL Draft Scout

i read that same thing, and was equally alarmed.

• Fresno State TE Bear Pascoe built on an already impressive week with another strong showing on Day 3. As a blocker, Pascoe did a nice job of locking onto defenders and moving his feet once locked. He also uses his size and awareness to offset his lack of prototypical top-end speed as a receiver. The 260-pound Pascoe used his wide frame to shield defenders from the ball and showed he can catch the ball in traffic when working against man coverage. He appeared to read defenses well and showed he can locate seams working against zone coverage.

The QBs are terrible so far ... their receivers would have to be 8'5 to catch these passes.

And ofc they're hyping Gilberts youtube clips ... if you haven't seen them:

The 635 Squat

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

and the Jump

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

The run-game looks pretty good on both sides (better for the East tho), the passing game is only there when Hoyer is on the field for the East and the West doesn't really have one.

But the only thing you can really look at in these games is the technique and there are some quite good guys on the field.

Bear Pascoe made a pretty darn good catch on that last drive.

Roy Miller is everywhere for tha west. Late round gem IMO

I like Pascoe's body control, he doesn't look to have great athletic ability, but he looks like he is good with what he does have. Also I am really encouraged by how well a blocker he is. I think he is a perfect fit for the scheme. He might not be a Dynamic threat at TE, but he is much more scheme specific than any other prospect outside of Pettigrew.