• 1280x1024
    • More than 1280 wide...
    • Huh?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest James H.
1400x900 on my macbook pro.........i'd love to work on the 30" apple display. What ya say james....i'll send you my address and i can borrow it for a couple days lol

Are you a videographer/filmmaker guru, casabao?

See, I was messing around with a multi-player mock draft concept, and it was a bit difficult getting all the elements to fit nicely into a 1024x768 window...

It's looking like a majority has a higher resolution, but still a very important chunk still at XGA res...

Would you XGA res folks get really ticked off at me if I optimized things for 1280 wide, requiring you to use a scrollbar, or Control + "-" to shrink the page?

Would be great.

See, I was messing around with a multi-player mock draft concept, and it was a bit difficult getting all the elements to fit nicely into a 1024x768 window...

It's looking like a majority has a higher resolution, but still a very important chunk still at XGA res...

Would you XGA res folks get really ticked off at me if I optimized things for 1280 wide, requiring you to use a scrollbar, or Control + "-" to shrink the page?

1920 X 1200

1280 wide is fine. Still would have some real estate to do other things

James,

I am an Engineer, 3D CNC programmerand 3D modeler. Here is what I have been testing with zero complaints in 90 days.

On my business website I have studied the same things. I started making some changes to a wider format for those who can display wide,

I simply publish images that allow the user to see that there is more content out there, most will see it and scroll there. Those with 14 inch monitors will eventualy upgrade but devoiding wide screen users from full use seems silly to me.

Guest James H.
James,

I am an Engineer, 3D CNC programmerand 3D modeler. Here is what I have been testing with zero complaints in 90 days.

On my business website I have studied the same things. I started making some changes to a wider format for those who can display wide,

I simply publish images that allow the user to see that there is more content out there, most will see it and scroll there. Those with 14 inch monitors will eventualy upgrade but devoiding wide screen users from full use seems silly to me.

examples of my test

http://www.microsystemsgeorgia.com/digital...el_scanning.htm

http://www.microsystemsgeorgia.com/toc.htm

Thanks for sharing, Michael. Good stuff too. Might have to talk to you sometime about contributing some 3D to some community projects.

Why don't you just add a link at the top of the page or in the "My Controls" section to optimize the site for your display resolution. I'm mostly on here throughout the day at work on a 1024x768 screen, and it would be very annoying having to scroll side to side to read every post.

Thanks for sharing, Michael. Good stuff too. Might have to talk to you sometime about contributing some 3D to some community projects.

James,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, since the season ended I am back working full time.

I have had something I would love to see done at the Georgia Dome with the Falcon's logo but have never known who where to communicate any suggestions. Here is a link to a 3D Glass work I did for a Bank in Cinncinnati, I modeled and cnc machined the molds and a glass company in Louisville did the glass work and mounted the huge glass artwork.

Follow this link and tell me if a Falcon Logo in the glass front of the Georgia Dome would not be fantastic?

http://www.againc.com/commFifthThird.asp

Guest James H.
he runs his computer to show up on his huge expensive HDTV

lol... partially right... the display wasn't too expensive, got it discounted.

HTPC = "home theater pc"

Rather than have a blu-ray player, cable box, appleTV, etc, etc, i just had everything rolled into a single pc. Cleaner, and has perks for watching HD content on the web.

Guest James H.
James,

Sorry for the delay in my reply, since the season ended I am back working full time.

I have had something I would love to see done at the Georgia Dome with the Falcon's logo but have never known who where to communicate any suggestions. Here is a link to a 3D Glass work I did for a Bank in Cinncinnati, I modeled and cnc machined the molds and a glass company in Louisville did the glass work and mounted the huge glass artwork.

Follow this link and tell me if a Falcon Logo in the glass front of the Georgia Dome would not be fantastic?

http://www.againc.com/commFifthThird.asp

Absolutely would be nice. Thanks for sharing. Keep me in the loop.