Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tone357

Buyer Beware

25 posts in this topic

I bought a jacket from them and the zipper broke the first time I tried it on. Tried to reach them by phone and e-mail, no response whatsoever. They leave me no choice but to dispute the charge. I expected better from an Arthur Blank enterprise.

Have you tried going to the store that you bought it from? I've never had one single bad thing occur with any of those employees in the store when I'm actually in there. I don't think you can make a broad stroke comment about the whole chain because of one experience, but you are entitled to your opinion.

I ordered a Turner jersey and they sent me one with the name Duckett. They said they wouldnt take it back.

Did it come with ballet shoes? So you could tippy toe?

Have you tried going to the store that you bought it from? I've never had one single bad thing occur with any of those employees in the store when I'm actually in there. I don't think you can make a broad stroke comment about the whole chain because of one experience, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Haven't they all closed?

Haven't they all closed?

Yes, they have, I've never had a problem with Falcons 365 (the store or the website). The CSR are always willing to help you out, I would suggest calling them again, they may have had a transition period after the physical stores closed. Also, disputing the charges with your credit card may not work out so well for you, they're mainly concerned about their customers receiving the items they purchased not necessarily the quality of the item purchased.

I was under the impression that he was talking about an online store. Oh well. *shrug*

Oh, well you're taking a chance ordering something from anybody online not just Falcons365- trust me they're not the only one. That's why I go to the store itself. Maybe this person can not do that and I didn't think about that so my bad. And btw, I know the one at Perimeter Mall was still open last month. I don't know of any closings.

I bought a jacket from them and the zipper broke the first time I tried it on. Tried to reach them by phone and e-mail, no response whatsoever. They leave me no choice but to dispute the charge. I expected better from an Arthur Blank enterprise.

I thought I remember reading something that said they were going out of business... :mellow:

Yes, they have, I've never had a problem with Falcons 365 (the store or the website). The CSR are always willing to help you out, I would suggest calling them again, they may have had a transition period after the physical stores closed. Also, disputing the charges with your credit card may not work out so well for you, they're mainly concerned about their customers receiving the items they purchased not necessarily the quality of the item purchased.

I was just in the one in Perimeter Mall two weeks ago, have they closed since then?

NFL is about as bad. They send me the wrong size shirts, then want me to pay to ship it back and for the label :lol:

That's typical of most companies, it's pretty lame, in that case I'd call back and hope for a different CSR, ask for their shipping account number and ship it on that!

I was just in the one in Perimeter Mall two weeks ago, have they closed since then?

They were shutting down for good 12/31:

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Atlanta Falcons 365 store locations at Perimeter Mall and Lenox Square Mall will close Wednesday, December 31, 2008, the team announced today.

“While the economy is certainly affecting all retailers, we are making this decision mainly based on our desire to focus our efforts on our online and Georgia Dome sales,” said Falcons President Rich McKay. “Theses venues allow us to serve the broadest number of Falcons fans, as evidenced by the results of our recent enhancements to falcons365.com, and our sales experience in the Dome this season.”

Falcons fans are encouraged to visit www.falcons365.com for a broad variety of Falcons merchandise.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Article...s_to_close.aspx

Nevermind, I've found the answer to my own question:

Playoff-bound Atlanta Falcons to close Falcons 365 stores

Dec 30 2008 3:06PM EST

The Atlanta Falcons might be in the playoffs, but fans won't be able to buy game day apparel from Falcons 365 for much longer.

The Falcons 365 stores at Lenox Square and Perimeter Mall will close Dec. 31.

The Falcons 365 store took 2,300 square feet at Perimeter Mall, which opened in summer 2005. The Lenox Square store opened in October 2005.

"As we do with every vacant space, we try to replace it with a new tenant that better fits our mall re-merchandising efforts," said Dennis Kemp, general manager of Perimeter Mall.

Falcons 365 stores are a part of the Arthur M. Blank family of businesses, which includes the Falcons, the Georgia Force, AMB Group LLC and the Blank Family Foundation.

"The economic picture that has affected the country, affects us as well," said Reggie Roberts, vice president of football communications for the Falcons.

Wow, that stinks. I liked those stores... :unsure:

Wow, that stinks. I liked those stores... :unsure:

The stores were nice and they had decent prices compared to other team stores like the one the Redskins have but they were kind of unnecessary, given the big picture. I hope they expand on the stores at the Dome.

The stores were nice and they had decent prices compared to other team stores like the one the Redskins have but they were kind of unnecessary, given the big picture. I hope they expand on the stores at the Dome.

Yeah I guess so. I guess the really cool thing is that they used to have autograph sessions with players there from time to time. I remember I met Tommy Nobis (the first Falcon ever) there once. He was pretty cool. Plus they had all types of Falcons items you couldn't find anywhere else. Hope you're right and they do expand on it like that at the Dome. I last bought Falcon Christmas tree items there two and a half weeks ago. Didn't know that would be last time I would be in one of those stores...may they rest in peace.

Yeah I guess so. I guess the really cool thing is that they used to have autograph sessions with players there from time to time. I remember I met Tommy Nobis (the first Falcon ever) there once. He was pretty cool. Plus they had all types of Falcons items you couldn't find anywhere else. Hope you're right and they do expand on it like that at the Dome. I last bought Falcon Christmas tree items there two and a half weeks ago. Didn't know that would be last time I would be in one of those stores...may they rest in peace.

I never made it to one of those but hopefully the Falcons don't quit that practice of having all of the Rookies sign or other player groups signing around the city. It would be nice to see them promote the Falcons through signings in the various malls this off season despite the lack of stores.

I bought one of the pleather jackets last february and wore it for about a month, then when broke it out this year, the collar had tears all around it and the pockets had tears as well. It's garbage. You pay that kind of money for something, I expect better.

Unfortunately you bought "pleather" and that's what it does.

After 6 months of light use? And to the extent it has? No, not like this.

After 6 months of light use? And to the extent it has? No, not like this.

Yeah, that's exactly what pleather tends to do.. also if you've gotten it wet at all it will start to pull apart at the seams.

Kinda hard to do that if you live out of state & order online. Not sure if that's what he did or not, but that would be my situation. Good thing I've never had a problem with anything I've ordered.

I tried calling several times, no answer, so I'm assuming what is written hear is fact in regards to them shutting down. I just hope that I can get justice. Never got the opportunity to wear the darn thing.