Who of these will have an impact in 09

Who of these do you think will have an impact in 09. Who will be gone. All seem to have some upside. All spent some time or in some cases the full season on IR. Do any of them solve the problem at their position if they return healthy?

Trey Lewis DT

R Foster OL

T Brown RB

B Hartsock TE

D Irons DB

L Robinson WR

A Harris S

Who of these do you think will have an impact in 09. Who will be gone. All seem to have some upside. All spent some time or in some cases the full season on IR. Do any of them solve the problem at their position if they return healthy?

Trey Lewis DT

R Foster OL

T Brown RB

B Hartsock TE

D Irons DB

L Robinson WR

A Harris S

You left out CB Von Hutchins............. ;)

But just with the ones you listed I would say Trey Lewis.

Trey Lewis DT

R Foster OL

T Brown RB

B Hartsock TE

D Irons DB

L Robinson WR

A Harris S

I guess TE & DT are really the two positions that have been discussed on this board which might be most relevant to this list. The rest would be for depth & special teams.

Oops, you're right. And he was one that actually got me thinking about posting this thread. But can he start for this team?

I really don't know because I only remember him playing for Ole Miss in college. I'm pretty sure that the Falcons had him penciled in as a starter before the season began.

Great thread idea by the way...... ;)

Trey Lewis DT

R Foster OL

T Brown RB

B Hartsock TE

D Irons DB

L Robinson WR

A Harris S

these guys will make an impact i think. im not sure whether von hutchins will come in starting this year. i would proably say not.

Robinson gives you another big play receiver which would certainly help given the teams desire to have a blocking TE and a #1 running back who isn't a great pass catcher. Lewis was very raw when he got hurt and almost 2 years out of football won't help him. Hartsock brings a little bit more to the table than Peele. I don't think Hutchins is gonna take Houston's or Foxworth's job so that leaves him fighting for playing time with Chevis Jackson

Trey Lewis DT

For some reason, there are ALOT of posters expecting big things from Trey. Sorry, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. He played above his draft position his rookie year, but it's not like he was so good that you'd expect him to make a major impact after missing two years with injuries. I think he'd provide decent depth at best. But for the life of me, I can't understand why so many think he'll be the solution to our problems on the d-line.

R Foster OL

He'll be lucky to make the team next year. We can only hope that he'll provide decent depth at our tackle positions. Not really worth mentioning though.

T Brown RB

I was VERY impressed by Brown before he got hurt. To be honest with you, as solid as Snelling is, I think the only reason he made the rotation was because of Brown's injury. If he can bounce back, I'd expect him to be a very solid contributer on special teams and possibly push Snelling or even Norwood for playing time at the 3rd or maybe even 2nd string RB. Push Norwood you say? No I'm not crazy. But I do think that Norwood's inability to stay healthy and take a pounding could be more of an issue for the coaching staff than some of us realize. I don't know about you, but I don't want Turner getting 370+ carries every season if he doesn't have to.

B Hartsock TE

Solid team guy. Good blocker. Unfortunately, he may have just lost his spot as the blocking tight end when he got hurt. I think Peele will take over as the primary blocking tight end and we will bring in a receiving tight end either through the draft or free agency.

D Irons DB

Depending on how Hutchins recovers from his injury, Irons could be odd man out. Especially considering the fact that it's almost inevitable that we'll bring in another corner in the offseason to help bolster the secondary.

L Robinson WR

I think he's fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. He won't be here next year. I'd keep Finn before I kept Robinson, anyway. Laurent has the talent, but I'm not sure about his work ethic.

A Harris S

I doubt he'll be here next season. Fudge showed enough to keep him around for depth and it's almost a certainty that we'll be bringing in Lawyer's successor this offseason.

Trey Lewis DT

For some reason, there are ALOT of posters expecting big things from Trey. Sorry, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. He played above his draft position his rookie year, but it's not like he was so good that you'd expect him to make a major impact after missing two years with injuries. I think he'd provide decent depth at best. But for the life of me, I can't understand why so many think he'll be the solution to our problems on the d-line.

R Foster OL

He'll be lucky to make the team next year. We can only hope that he'll provide decent depth at our tackle positions. Not really worth mentioning though.

T Brown RB

I was VERY impressed by Brown before he got hurt. To be honest with you, as solid as Snelling is, I think the only reason he made the rotation was because of Brown's injury. If he can bounce back, I'd expect him to be a very solid contributer on special teams and possibly push Snelling or even Norwood for playing time at the 3rd or maybe even 2nd string RB. Push Norwood you say? No I'm not crazy. But I do think that Norwood's inability to stay healthy and take a pounding could be more of an issue for the coaching staff than some of us realize. I don't know about you, but I don't want Turner getting 370+ carries every season if he doesn't have to.

B Hartsock TE

Solid team guy. Good blocker. Unfortunately, he may have just lost his spot as the blocking tight end when he got hurt. I think Peele will take over as the primary blocking tight end and we will bring in a receiving tight end either through the draft or free agency.

D Irons DB

Depending on how Hutchins recovers from his injury, Irons could be odd man out. Especially considering the fact that it's almost inevitable that we'll bring in another corner in the offseason to help bolster the secondary.

L Robinson WR

I think he's fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. He won't be here next year. I'd keep Finn before I kept Robinson, anyway. Laurent has the talent, but I'm not sure about his work ethic.

A Harris S

I doubt he'll be here next season. Fudge showed enough to keep him around for depth and it's almost a certainty that we'll be bringing in Lawyer's successor this offseason.

1 - Trey wasnt out 2 full seasons, but I get your point. He played very well, more than OK IMO. He pushed Jackson out the door.

2 - Foster, who knows. He has the build to be a mauler though. You never know after a beat knee on a 340 guy though. He might be a OG option after his return, who knows. He looked good enough when healthy though, and thats before Boudreau got his hands on him.

3 - Sure Brown looked good, but if he takes the KO duties it will be so Norwood can run more. He could pick up the slack in one of those areas, but not both IMO. Norwood isnt going anywhere. Snelling could be let go since he is a UFA this season though.

4 - Pellee is a sub par blocker IMO, especially compared to Hartsock. Hartsock was also very reliable recieving before the injury. Also, dont forget that Pelle is like a 7 or 8 year vet, Hartsock is younger and signed to a deal that shows they wanted him for more than one season.

5 - I agree Irons could be gone. His knack is ST, and we have some guys on IR who are good ST guys, and could provde more on the filed too (Hutchins and James come to mind as well as some from this coming rookie class)

6- I also tend to agree. I guess with him being hurt so much it is easy to forget the talent he has. Aside from White he could be the most talented WR we have. Unfortuantely it seems as if coach Smith himself thinks he is a softy, and that is not a good thing for Robinson. Dont forget though, he is dirt cheap being a 3rd round pick..and is very young.

7 - I agree Harris is gone. He was kept around because the cupboard was bare.

Trey Lewis DT - He played GREAT for a 6th rounder out of Washburn( :huh: ). He can be a good rotational guy at NT with whomever we have. I've read that the coaches like him..Stays

R Foster OL - Another guy that played great as a UDFA! He played good LT and I think he has a shot at RT. I think he can come out of no where like Harvey Dahl and make an impact. Clabo has been so so this year, and Ryan has made him look better than what he is. Stays

T Brown RB - Guy was doing good in PS and prob. was going to be our KR. He is also a good change of pace back. Turner CAN'T carry the load forever. Stays

B Hartsock TE - Great blocker and prob. will stay.

D Irons DB - COULD be the odd man out with Hutchins coming back. It will be between him and Grimes for the last CB spot.

L Robinson WR - What can I say? He was the #2 WR in TC, but his injuries killed him. I think the coaches will keep him around and he will be back to his old self. We need another WR threat. He will stay and Finn will be gone.

A Harris S- Our ST gunner and plays 3 positions. However I think he will gone.

Trey Lewis DT

For some reason, there are ALOT of posters expecting big things from Trey. Sorry, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. He played above his draft position his rookie year, but it's not like he was so good that you'd expect him to make a major impact after missing two years with injuries. I think he'd provide decent depth at best. But for the life of me, I can't understand why so many think he'll be the solution to our problems on the d-line. He pushed Big Grady out of the ATL. He is a steal.

R Foster OL

He'll be lucky to make the team next year. We can only hope that he'll provide decent depth at our tackle positions. Not really worth mentioning though. No, he has a REAL shot to make the team. With Weiner likely retiring(IMO), and Ojinakka being the worst T I have ever seen, Foster has a chance. He played very good at LT last year and can provide depth at RT too.

T Brown RB

I was VERY impressed by Brown before he got hurt. To be honest with you, as solid as Snelling is, I think the only reason he made the rotation was because of Brown's injury. If he can bounce back, I'd expect him to be a very solid contributer on special teams and possibly push Snelling or even Norwood for playing time at the 3rd or maybe even 2nd string RB. Push Norwood you say? No I'm not crazy. But I do think that Norwood's inability to stay healthy and take a pounding could be more of an issue for the coaching staff than some of us realize. I don't know about you, but I don't want Turner getting 370+ carries every season if he doesn't have to. Agree

B Hartsock TE

Solid team guy. Good blocker. Unfortunately, he may have just lost his spot as the blocking tight end when he got hurt. I think Peele will take over as the primary blocking tight end and we will bring in a receiving tight end either through the draft or free agency. Peele is not a good blocker. Hartsock is the blocker and Peele is the receiver. Peele might be the one on the way out.

D Irons DB

Depending on how Hutchins recovers from his injury, Irons could be odd man out. Especially considering the fact that it's almost inevitable that we'll bring in another corner in the offseason to help bolster the secondary. Agree

L Robinson WR

I think he's fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. He won't be here next year. I'd keep Finn before I kept Robinson, anyway. Laurent has the talent, but I'm not sure about his work ethic. Finn goes and Laurent stays

A Harris S

I doubt he'll be here next season. Fudge showed enough to keep him around for depth and it's almost a certainty that we'll be bringing in Lawyer's successor this offseason. Agree

Trey Lewis DT

R Foster OL

T Brown RB

B Hartsock TE

D Irons DB

L Robinson WR

A Harris S

Brown is coming off IR and he is somehow more durable than Norwood? Norwood was

available every week even with sore ribs they had him returning kickoffs. Coaching decisions

are hard to figure out sometimes. I have dared to second guess Mularkey on his use of Norwood

but at the same time my hat is off to him for pounding the run and an 11-6 season.

Laurent Robinson and Trey Lewis will have the best chances at making an impact

i think hartstock will just start fadeing away with pelle playing good and we will probly pick

up a tight end threw free agency or the draft , i think Robinson could be really good

he has enuff potential to be an elite reciver it just depends if he can get Playing time

over Douglas and Jenkins and are first 3 recivers have been playing really good so who knows ..

Laurent Robinson and Trey Lewis will have the best chances at making an impact

i think hartstock will just start fadeing away with pelle playing good and we will probly pick

up a tight end threw free agency or the draft , i think Robinson could be really good

he has enuff potential to be an elite reciver it just depends if he can get Playing time

over Douglas and Jenkins and are first 3 recivers have been playing really good so who knows ..

You type like women talk.

I see Brown and and Robinson as having the most impact. Brown was dominating the pre-season before that horsecollar tackle and Robinson has so much big play ability.

I concure. T. Brown would hav made an impact this year, atleast he would have been able to return punts and Jennings would not have had a chance to lose the eagles game for us. Maybe with hime returning Kicks we could have given Norwood more touches.