How would you all rate the play of Curtis Lofton's rookie season?

I'm curious to know how everybody feels about his play this year. I think he play @ a C+ to B- level. I know he's just a rookie and a 2nd Round pick at that. But with the play of recent LB phenoms like Beason and Willis I have to admit I want my MLB to be the opposite of what the QB is to the offense. I really don't think Lofton has the speed to play in the middle.

Hmm. I thought he was quite good. B+ to A- . He's not as good or Beason or Willis, but does he really have to be? We spent a 2nd rounder on him, he wasn't a top 10 pick like Willis. He's going to be better than all but a handful of MLB's in the league, I think. He's actually looked quick and fast to me. He's explosive when running to the football, and quick jumping around blocks. And he DID run a 4.6 at Oklahoma's pro day, on a slow track. I think if we want him to get better, though, we need to do a better job of keeping blockers off him.

I was Lofton biggest fan I wanted him drafted more then anything so my view can be opposed as a bias view but he played at a B- level I will agree..My opinion he was used wrong in our scheme. If anyone recalls he made a big play vs Eagles in McNabb on a blitz..I wish more blitz packages were used with Lofton instead of sending Boley or Brooking..Plus the middle of our rush defense wasnt really gashed..It was more outside the Tackles then anything..He made some nice plays chasing down Larry Johnson on the outside.

He also needs to do a better job read and reacting and shedding off blocks...He will be solid for years to come..

A legit NT will help him tremendously

Exactly!!! Ray Lewis argued the same thing...that he needed a massive NT to keep linemen off of him. I notice that our LBs always seem to get wiped out by OL reaching the second level of defense. We need our own Haloti Ngata and watch our LBs look like superstars.

The kid did great. He was thinking more then reacting as any rookie will do. He made alot of plays and plays sideline to sideline. He will be an all pro within 3 years. And for those of u who ever played football, a 4.6 is flying. Emmitt Smith ran a 4.6, as did Walter Peyton. Ever see Jerry Rice's 40 yard times? So lets not worry abt stupid 40 times. The kids a ball player. Period.

Your reply is 90% optimism and 10% factual, Lofton definitely lacks sideline to sideline speed which was very evident. I actually think he could afford to drop 8-10 lbs without losing his 'pop' ability and at the same time pick up a bit of speed as well. Although, I may sound 'haterish' I'm really glad we got 'em cause I know he's gonna be solid, I just wanna see guys that want it...and for some odd reason I don't feel as if Keith Brooking helped his development...

Your reply is 90% optimism and 10% factual, Lofton definitely lacks sideline to sideline speed which was very evident. I actually think he could afford to drop 8-10 lbs without losing his 'pop' ability and at the same time pick up a bit of speed as well. Although, I may sound 'haterish' I'm really glad we got 'em cause I know he's gonna be solid, I just wanna see guys that want it...and for some odd reason I don't feel as if Keith Brooking helped his development...

If it is "very evident" he lacks sideline to sideline speed, why did I see him hit so many rb's as they tried to turn the corner?