As far as the comment about what Ray Lewis said about Flacco opposing defenders said the same about Ryan so that argument, if used, must go both ways. Plus it's easy for a teammate to praise the QB, but when opposing players do it, it really means something. Especially when it's after the game and not just before trying to avoid locker material.

The Ravens had the fifth highest SOS in the league this year. The Falcs had the seventh worst. Trying to compare Ryan and Flacco, especially when Flacco is still playing, is stupid.

There was a month-long stretch where Flacco had the highest QB rating in football.

I think flacco deserves ROY. Yeah his defense is great, but judging by what Ray lewis said about his decision making skills and all of his other qualities and the things I have seen from him he still deserves it. Their D is great but its is equal to our run game. Without turner and norwood we don't make the playoffs. I think a little too much credit is given to Ryan sometimes, while he is good, he wouldn't be as successful without Turner and Norwood.

As much as I would like to swim in the glorious light that is Matt Ryan, zone3lb's got a point. This is a team game, and you have to put trust into the players that they give it their 100%. The Baltimore Ravens are in the AFC championship game, and the Atlanta Falcons lost in the first round of the playoffs. This wasnt Joe Flacco's win or Matt Ryans loss. Without Turner and Jerious, who knows what would have happend. Without Lewis and Reed on defense, who knows what would happen to Baltimore.

When it comes down to it, what matters is what pieces both teams were missing when their rookie QB's entered the team. I think Baltimore just had fewer pieces to fill than Atlanta. This also means that our time will come.

The Ravens had the fifth highest SOS in the league this year. The Falcs had the seventh worst. Trying to compare Ryan and Flacco, especially when Flacco is still playing, is stupid.

There was a month-long stretch where Flacco had the highest QB rating in football.

It's based on the year, not on one month.

Also, Atl's strength of schedule was brought way down by playing the Chiefs, Raiders, Lions and Rams yet they played the Vikings, Panthers (twice), Bucs (twice), Eagles, Chargers, Saints(twice), none of which are easy games.

And saying it's stupid to compare the two is funny since we all know who easily won the AP voting. What did flacco have 0 vote? Obviously those 50 voters don't know what they're talking about huh?

btw 44 went to Ryan

This is an example of what an opposing player said after playing against him.

"I'm not trying to compare anybody to Peyton Manning," Saints linebacker Scott Fujita said, "but for somebody to do that that early in their career and have that much maturity and that much control of the offense, and be able to dictate to us the things that they wanted to do, I was impressed with him. And frustrated and ticked off at the same time."

Who cares about rookie of the year. I doubt flacco cares because he is in the AFC Championship game. I am certain Ryan would give up the ROY to be in NFC Championship Game.

I have no doubt about that statement.....and it's just another reason that Ryan will continue to progress and become a great quarterback.

It's based on the year, not on one month.

Also, Atl's strength of schedule was brought way down by playing the Chiefs, Raiders, Lions and Rams yet they played the Vikings, Panthers (twice), Bucs (twice), Eagles, Chargers, Saints(twice), none of which are easy games.

I apologize, I was looking at the wrong numbers. The Ravens had the third best SOS. The Falcons had the sixth worst. Yes, no doubt playing five of the worst teams in the NFL had something to do with it. And with Ryan's stats? Do we want to go down that road?

There is no comparison. Flacco played more than half his regular season games against top 10 pass defenses. NINE games against top 10 Ds. Seven against playoff teams.

The Charger and Saints? Do you realize they were the 23rd and 31st pass Ds in the NFL?

And saying it's stupid to compare the two is funny since we all know who easily won the AP voting. What did flacco have 0 vote? Obviously those 50 voters don't know what they're talking about huh?

btw 44 went to Ryan

You're just helping my point. The kid got no respect all year. So how can he be overrated? Last year he was playing I-AA football. Now he's in the AFC title game. Knocking him just makes people look foolish.

That's why I can't believe analysts or fans even think Flacco is great. The announcers last night came in their pants when bragging about him. But his completion % has been bad all season.

Huh? Flacco's completion percentage for the season was 60%. Matts was 61%.

Matt had 434 attempts.. Flacco had 428. Ryan, for the regular season completed 8 more passes than Flacco did.

That's why I can't believe analysts or fans even think Flacco is great. The announcers last night came in their pants when bragging about him. But his completion % has been bad all season.

Point is: he's winnin and 1 game away fRom a supeR bowl trip. He is doing enough to help out his team along with the stingy Defense they have.