ROY goes to Flacco

Falcons_own_nfc_south

If Matt only had to put up 13 points per game he wouldn't have thrown more than a few interceptions. That defense is nasty.

Exactly !

Am I the only one who thinks it is insane to try to judge a QB without looking at the team around him?

Or coaching?

Or scheme?

Marino is considered one of the all time great QBs, yet he never won a SB. Is that because he was a bad QB? Or did he not have the team or coaching staff surrounding him that were sufficient to win the big game.

Yeah, he's just playing with two future hall of famers on defense. One is in his prime and the other is not far from it.

Flacco most likely has the best middle linebacker and one of the best safties of ALL time.

Ryan had Abraham and Keith Brooking.

If Ryan and Flacco switch places do we even make the playoffs?

Yeah, he's just playing with two future hall of famers on defense. One is in his prime and the other is not far from it.

Flacco most likely has the best middle linebacker and one of the best safties of ALL time.

God no! we would be lucky to match or wins last year. put Ryan on the Ravens...... Undefeated

:huh:

stop it stop it stop it stop it stop it :huh:

Exactly !

Am I the only one who thinks it is insane to try to judge a QB without looking at the team around him?

Or coaching?

Or scheme?

Marino is considered one of the all time great QBs, yet he never won a SB. Is that because he was a bad QB? Or did he not have the team or coaching staff surrounding him that were sufficient to win the big game.

I like that sig photo...its subtle...but you just get this sense in the photo that everyone on that O believed in Ryan. Yes, any player is going to listen to the QB to get the play, but they just have this look in their eyes in that photo.

In eight playoff quarters, rookie Joe Flacco is a pedestrian 20 of 45 (44.4 percent) for 296 yards and one touchdown

No Sack, No Fumble and No INT....

Give award to Flacco No matter he can win the game or not

Dude the Rookie of the Year voting is OVER.

Matt Ryan is the Rookie of the Year. :D

Geez, guys - who cares what Flacco did or didn't do. He's not our problem.

As for Matt - getting to the first round and out is not a sign of a bad QB.

If that was the case - then Peyton Manning - one of the greatest QB's ever - who has a post season record that's not all that great is a fluke?:

1998 - rookie year - no playoffs

1999 - 1 playoff game = LOST

2000 - 1 playoff game = LOST

2001 - no playoffs

2002 - 1 playoff game = LOST

2003 - 3 playoff games = WON, WON, LOST

2004 - 2 playoff games - WON, LOST

2005 - 1 playoff game = LOST

2006 - 3 playoff games = WON + SB = WON

2007 - 1 playoff game = LOST

2008 - 1 playoff game = LOST

Matt can't be judged by losing 1 playoff game. Without him - we wouldn't have gotten to the playoffs.

I think flacco deserves ROY. Yeah his defense is great, but judging by what Ray lewis said about his decision making skills and all of his other qualities and the things I have seen from him he still deserves it. Their D is great but its is equal to our run game. Without turner and norwood we don't make the playoffs. I think a little too much credit is given to Ryan sometimes, while he is good, he wouldn't be as successful without Turner and Norwood.

I think flacco deserves ROY. Yeah his defense is great, but judging by what Ray lewis said about his decision making skills and all of his other qualities and the things I have seen from him he still deserves it. Their D is great but its is equal to our run game. Without turner and norwood we don't make the playoffs. I think a little too much credit is given to Ryan sometimes, while he is good, he wouldn't be as successful without Turner and Norwood.

;) bingo

:lol: :lol:

This is what I think. People are naturally homers, the difference is some people appreciate the game more than otheres. There are plenty of homer blind people on the board that don't appreciate the game. Without Turner this is a 4 to 5 win team. See what a really good defense can do for you? That's what gets you through the playoffs. Good or Flacco

In the regular season Flacco had exactly one category where his numbers were better than those of Ryan. Flacco had 10 passes that went for 40+ yards to Ryan's 9. One category they tied, longest pass play, all of the rest Ryan had the edge. Yards, completions, percentage, rating and everything in between.