Roddy White is a good receiver,but he is not an Elite one

:lol: does it make you feel better calling me little guy?? are you compensating? it seems that your the only one who sees that roddy isnt elite. Dude is Elite, every1 has drops. TO has drops, Fitz has drops, every wideout has drops, ad how can any1 in the nfl can see it, if you have been shut down after every post you have in this thread. Face it dude I am right and your wrong. Roddy has had the most catches on 3rd for 1st downs, so that is the definition of CLUTCH, HE EXTENDS PLAYS! DEE DEE DEE He has had back to back 1K rec seasons, which is something andre johnson cant say. **** give roddy white 115 catches, and the dude would have 1800yrds

also not calling LT Elite is what makes yall a joke, yea he had a down year, but he still had 1000yrds, PLUS the dude had less than 300 carries, PLUS he still had over 400 yrds rec. LT is the definition of elite. Larry and him are the same at their respective position.

you might want to buy this book. football%20for%20dummies.jpg or stop posting, since your making other posters dumber with every post. You will never win any argument or be taken serious just by opinion, since it shows you have no facts to back it up.

I will say smart idea adding Larry fitz to the argument, so it splits people, and shows your definition somewhat. people have to decide whether youre arguing if roddy is elite or is roddy elite like larry. larry is like LT probably on track to being known has the greatest of all time at his position. Also just because he has stuff to work on does not mean he is not elite, it means he is not at his full potential.

All right. I will break it down for you.

Exhibit A: Drops

You say that every other WR has drops. Yes, they do drop the ball once in a while. White, however, seems to do so more often. http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232 you will find the league leaders in drops. Roddy White is tied for 5th in the league with 9. Andre Johnson has 5 dropped passes. Larry Ftizgerald has less than 5 drops. Both of these numbers are impressive, but what makes it even more impressive is the fact that both these players were targeted more often, but still managed to drop less than Roddy White. In order to be an elite receiver, 'drops' cannot be part of your cons. Its okay if speed is, its okay if jump ball ability is, but just not drops because that is a mental issue, and not something physical.

Exhibit B: Yards Per Catch

I don't think you understand this phenomenon. Andre Johnson was the 2nd most targeted WR in the NFL this past year. He was targeted on short screens and on deep routes. His 13.7 YPC is pretty impressive considering how many catches he had. Only 2 other WRs had more than 100 catches in the NFL this year. Wes Welker had 111 and averaged a paltry 10.5 YPC. Brandon Marshall has 104 catches and averaged 12.2 YPC. Not only did Andre Johnson catch more balls, but he maintained a higher YPC than those. If Roddy White was targeted as often and was the centerpiece of an offense like Andre Johnson is, his YPC would go down as well (e.g. the Cardinals game).

Exhibit C: Back to Back 1000 yard seasons

Roddy White has posted a grand total of, wait for it, 2 1000 yard seasons. Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson have both posted more 1000 yard seasons (3) than Roddy White. And you are really nitpicking when it comes to back to back 1000 yard seasons. As a rookie, Andre Johnson had 976 yards, and he followed it up with an 1142 yard season. He was 24 yards away from posting the highly coveted (apparently) back to back 1000 yard seasons. Also, the only thing that has stopped him from posting 1000 yards every year have been his 2 injuries. His last injury allowed him to play only 9 games, but he still managed to put up 850 yards with 8 TDs (he was on pace for about 1500 yards and 15+ TDs).

Exhibit D: LT

LT is not elite anymore. Sorry. He had 2 100 yard games this past season. One against OAK and the other against NO. He had several 90 yard games. They were against CAR, OAK, TB (at the end of the season), and DEN. Only one of those achievements are to be proud of, and that is the game against Carolina. He averaged better than 4.5 YPC only 4 times during the season. Adrian Peterson on the other hand averaged less than 4.5 YPC only 4 times during the season (2 of which he averaged 4.4). LT is turning 30 at the offseason, and with injury and age piling up, he is no longer the same back he used to be. Sure, he will put up 1200-1300 yards next season, but he is not the same 2300-2400 yards from scrimmage back he used to be that made him elite.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that every other WR has drops. Yes, they do drop the ball once in a while. White, however, seems to do so more often. http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232 you will find the league leaders in drops. Roddy White is tied for 5th in the league with 9. Andre Johnson has 5 dropped passes. Larry Ftizgerald has less than 5 drops. Both of these numbers are impressive, but what makes it even more impressive is the fact that both these players were targeted more often, but still managed to drop less than Roddy White. In order to be an elite receiver, 'drops' cannot be part of your cons. Its okay if speed is, its okay if jump ball ability is, but just not drops because that is a mental issue, and not something physical.

I don't think you understand this phenomenon. Andre Johnson was the 2nd most targeted WR in the NFL this past year. He was targeted on short screens and on deep routes. His 13.7 YPC is pretty impressive considering how many catches he had. Only 2 other WRs had more than 100 catches in the NFL this year. Wes Welker had 111 and averaged a paltry 10.5 YPC. Brandon Marshall has 104 catches and averaged 12.2 YPC. Not only did Andre Johnson catch more balls, but he maintained a higher YPC than those. If Roddy White was targeted as often and was the centerpiece of an offense like Andre Johnson is, his YPC would go down as well (e.g. the Cardinals game).

Roddy White has posted a grand total of, wait for it, 2 1000 yard seasons. Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson have both posted more 1000 yard seasons (3) than Roddy White. And you are really nitpicking when it comes to back to back 1000 yard seasons. As a rookie, Andre Johnson had 976 yards, and he followed it up with an 1142 yard season. He was 24 yards away from posting the highly coveted (apparently) back to back 1000 yard seasons. Also, the only thing that has stopped him from posting 1000 yards every year have been his 2 injuries. His last injury allowed him to play only 9 games, but he still managed to put up 850 yards with 8 TDs (he was on pace for about 1500 yards and 15+ TDs).

LT is not elite anymore. Sorry. He had 2 100 yard games this past season. One against OAK and the other against NO. He had several 90 yard games. They were against CAR, OAK, TB (at the end of the season), and DEN. Only one of those achievements are to be proud of, and that is the game against Carolina. He averaged better than 4.5 YPC only 4 times during the season. Adrian Peterson on the other hand averaged less than 4.5 YPC only 4 times during the season (2 of which he averaged 4.4). LT is turning 30 at the offseason, and with injury and age piling up, he is no longer the same back he used to be. Sure, he will put up 1200-1300 yards next season, but he is not the same 2300-2400 yards from scrimmage back he used to be that made him elite.

HAHAHAHA :lol::lol: i just have to laugh. wow bro nice joke. one more season makes them elite and roddy not? :lol: of course if roddy had been thrown to over 100 times I am willing to be money that roddy would be on top of that list. roddy has more YAC. If MV actually passed the ball, then roddy would have had over 1000yrds. he caught only 30 passes, and still had over 500 two years ago. :lol: Man posters these days have great jokes.

LT is ELITE, one bad year does not make you not elite. What RB is putting up 2300-2400yrds a year?? :blink: might want to do some research bro. His YPC might be down this year, but like i said one year does not change your status. you become elite by CONSISTENTLY putting up numbers, which is what LT does. Dont forget LT also has rec yards. He had 400+ yards this season, how many did All Day have?? great jokes on me guys, where is ashton, since i have to be getting punkd.

Thanks man.You cant tell that other georigiaban dude nothing even if he prove him wrong he still thinks Roddy White is the best receiver in the league and thinks Roddy is better than Fitz and Andre.This dude is out of his mind and knows nothing about football.I mean its good hes a fan.But dude doesnt know how ******** that makes him look saying Roddy is better than Fitz.I mean this dude is saying LT is still elite.And aint nothing changed with the Chargers except Turner left and They have another back up also he is even better than LT so stop making excuses because LT sucks and you Fail once again georgiaban
Thanks man.You cant tell that other georigiaban dude nothing even if he prove him wrong he still thinks Roddy White is the best receiver in the league and thinks Roddy is better than Fitz and Andre.This dude is out of his mind and knows nothing about football.I mean its good hes a fan.But dude doesnt know how ******** that makes him look saying Roddy is better than Fitz.I mean this dude is saying LT is still elite.And aint nothing changed with the Chargers except Turner left and They have another back up also he is even better than LT so stop making excuses because LT sucks and you Fail once again georgiaban

If i was a Mod we would have an IQ test and its obvious both you and your BF would not make it. He cant tell me anything, because his flawed logic wont work. but you guys are funny, I will say that.

I love this thread. After giving this a lot of thought, here's my $ .02.

There are only a handful of receivers in the league who I'd take over White. However, that doesn't mean that White is an "elite" receiver. To me, an "elite" receiver is one that everyone knows. He makes the routine catches. He blocks. He adjusts to the ball on bad throws. He's the "man."

IMO, Roddy is still learning the position. He is still very RAW. He makes a great catch, then misses the easy one. He constantly lets the defender get the dominating position. He needs to be more aggressive and he has to learn to be a defender.

Roddy White is a great player, but if he is a LONG way from becoming a Fitzgerald. Define that however you want but it's a fact.

You basically just gave the reasons why is not Elite thanks.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You basically just gave the reasons why is not Elite thanks.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: like i said smart for making fitz the entry level of elite, BUT that is not the entry level, since no1 is on Fitz Level, by your flawed definition no1 is elite besides Fitz, which is not true. also calling yourself a falcon fan, and cutting down our players is an oxymoron.

:lol: :lol: :lol: like i said smart for making fitz the entry level of elite, BUT that is not the entry level, since no1 is on Fitz Level, by your flawed definition no1 is elite besides Fitz, which is not true. also calling yourself a falcon fan, and cutting down our players is an oxymoron.

Never bashed any of our players.Well except Brooking HE SUCKS.I actually say Roddy is good in this title and throughout this post i proved people wrong on why he is not and elite receiver.But i like i said earlier he is a hard worker and i think he may be one next season because he gets better every season.And next season will be his contract year.Thats usually when players turn into freaks of nature.Because they wanna make it known why they are worth a big contract.Roddy is good and i think he will be very well respected and make that known next season.

Never bashed any of our players.Well except Brooking HE SUCKS.I actually say Roddy is good in this title and throughout this post i proved people wrong on why he is not and elite receiver.But i like i said earlier he is a hard worker and i think he may be one next season because he gets better every season.And next season will be his contract year.Thats usually when players turn into freaks of nature.Because they wanna make it known why they are worth a big contract.Roddy is good and i think he will be very well respected and make that known next season.

If you need another season, then fine, But Roddy is Elite now, you may not believe it, but next year our team will be better and prove that we were right and that he is ELITE.

HAHAHAHA :lol::lol: i just have to laugh. wow bro nice joke. one more season makes them elite and roddy not? :lol: of course if roddy had been thrown to over 100 times I am willing to be money that roddy would be on top of that list. roddy has more YAC. If MV actually passed the ball, then roddy would have had over 1000yrds. he caught only 30 passes, and still had over 500 two years ago. :lol: Man posters these days have great jokes.

LT is ELITE, one bad year does not make you not elite. What RB is putting up 2300-2400yrds a year?? :blink: might want to do some research bro. His YPC might be down this year, but like i said one year does not change your status. you become elite by CONSISTENTLY putting up numbers, which is what LT does. Dont forget LT also has rec yards. He had 400+ yards this season, how many did All Day have?? great jokes on me guys, where is ashton, since i have to be getting punkd.

Roddy White was thrown at over 100 times. Roddy White was actually thrown to 148 times and caught 88 balls (59.4%). Andre Johnson was thrown at 170 times and caught 115 balls (67.6%). And Andre Johnson had to work with that bust of a QB David Carr on that shithole of a team, Houston.

And 2300-2400 yards may be exaggerated (though, LT has done it twice). Before last year, LT put up 1900 YFS. The year before that, 2300 YFS. The year before that, 1800 YFS. The year before that, 1800 YFS. He put up 1500 YFS this past year while playing in 16 games. He is on the decline of his career.

And thats the end of my argument. I am glad I could make you laugh as you avoided my arguments.

Roddy White was thrown at over 100 times. Roddy White was actually thrown to 148 times and caught 88 balls (59.4%). Andre Johnson was thrown at 170 times and caught 115 balls (67.6%). And Andre Johnson had to work with that bust of a QB David Carr on that shithole of a team, Houston.

And 2300-2400 yards may be exaggerated (though, LT has done it twice). Before last year, LT put up 1900 YFS. The year before that, 2300 YFS. The year before that, 1800 YFS. The year before that, 1800 YFS. He put up 1500 YFS this past year while playing in 16 games. He is on the decline of his career.

And thats the end of my argument. I am glad I could make you laugh as you avoided my arguments.

Proof, is all I have to say. 148 times I doubt it but good laugh, and i never avoided your argument, I was laughing my A off, while arguing with you, if your logic/ proof was more sound, then it would have been a better argument.

You haven't proven anything. You talk about Andre Johnson having to work with David Carr. David Carr threw for 3500 yards in a season. And he has had Schaub for 2 seasons. Meanwhile, half of Roddy's career was with Vick at QB. The only two seasons Roddy didn't surpass 1000 yards were when Vick was behind center. His first 1000 yard season came with Joey Harrington for Christ's sake. And this season with a rookie QB, although a **** good one.

Your other argument was that Andre Johnson had one more 1000 yard season than Roddy. But you ignore the fact that Johnson has been in the league 6 seasons compared to Roddy's 4.

Your last argument was regarding Roddy's lack of TD's. Andre Johnson had 8, Roddy White had 7.

Then you said Roddy's YAC wasn't good enough. And his YAC is better than Andre's, 4.4 to 4.3.

Then you claim his lower completion percentage. But he averaged 2 more yards per catch, so of course the completion percentage to him is lower, they are bigger plays.

Your arguments are invalid. And you are completely owned.

You haven't proven anything. You talk about Andre Johnson having to work with David Carr. David Carr threw for 3500 yards in a season. And he has had Schaub for 2 seasons. Meanwhile, half of Roddy's career was with Vick at QB. The only two seasons Roddy didn't surpass 1000 yards were when Vick was behind center. His first 1000 yard season came with Joey Harrington for Christ's sake. And this season with a rookie QB, although a **** good one.

Your other argument was that Andre Johnson had one more 1000 yard season than Roddy. But you ignore the fact that Johnson has been in the league 6 seasons compared to Roddy's 4.

Your last argument was regarding Roddy's lack of TD's. Andre Johnson had 8, Roddy White had 7.

Then you said Roddy's YAC wasn't good enough. And his YAC is better than Andre's, 4.4 to 4.3.

Then you claim his lower completion percentage. But he averaged 2 more yards per catch, so of course the completion percentage to him is lower, they are bigger plays.

DUDE FIRST OFF ANYONE WHO THINKS ANDRE IS BETTER THAN RODDY WHITE IS AN IDIOT.

If Fitz has anothe 2/3 seasons like the last one, he will possibly go down as the greatest receiver of all time. You can't judge Roddy in comparison to him, that's unfair. Roddy is pretty close to elite IMO.

No way. If he doesn't have a lot of seasons like the last one - Rice still holds that distinction.

DUDE FIRST OFF ANYONE WHO THINKS ANDRE IS BETTER THAN RODDY WHITE IS AN IDIOT.

Umm, you may want to edit your post. YOU JUST CALLED YOURSELF AN IDIOT! LMAO!

You are the one saying Andre is better than Roddy. And than you said anyone whot thinks Andre is better than Roddy is an idiot.

You either meant, anyone who doesn't think andre is better, or anyone who thinks roddy is better.

I still think you are confusing elite talent with elite player. There are plenty of players that may not have elite talent, but they work their buttes off to be considered elite players. There are other players that have elite talent, but don't always play to their talent level, so they are not considered elite players.

Doesn't change the fact that David Carr is a terrible QB. And Matt Schaub for 2 seasons? That is stretching it a bit. Schaub has started 22 games for the Texans (that doesn't include games which he has left). He has barely played a season and a half for the Texans.

And are you blaming White's inablity to achieve 1000 yards on Vick? That might be the case, but Roddy White was severely underdeveloped and did not have a great work ethic.

Roddy White: 2 1000 yard seasons / 4 total seasons. Andre Johnson: 3 1000 yard seasons / 6 total seasons. Both are at 50%. That does not take into account the fact that Andre Johnson was 25 yards away from 1000 in 1 season, played 13 games in another, and 9 in the other. I find Andre Johnson's achievement more impressive.

I don't remember bringing up TDs.

I dont remember saying Roddy's YAC wasn't good enough. A .1 yard statistical difference. Does that even matter? Andre Johnson is hands down the better YAC receiver. White is good, a lot better than the average, but Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and Anquan Boldin are at the top of the class

Yes. And that is the only reason his completion percentage is higher. Not the fact that he is a dependable reciever or drops less passes. That must be it.

If by 'owning' you mean make up arguments that I have made in order to have responses (that do not particularly take the whole situation into account), then you've done a great job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...