Roddy White is a good receiver,but he is not an Elite one

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys are ridiculous. The definition of elite is different for most people. For some people, elite is an exclusive club that involves only the consistently best players in the league. For some, its more open.

I myself wouldn't call Roddy White elite. Yes, he is a great WR for us and is one of the top WRs in the league, but that, in my opinion, doesn't qualify as elite. Elite to me are Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, and Andre Johnson. Those guys are the elite playmakers that can be counted on game in and game out. They will come up big and year to year, game to game. Calvin Johnson, despite posting 1300 yards and 12 TDs on the 0-16 Lions doesn't even get an elite mention. Steve Smith, the player who can seemingly will plays to happen, doesn't make the list.

Elite players to me:

QBs: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees

RBs: Adrian Peterson

WRs: Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson

TEs: Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten

OT: Joe Thomas, Michael Roos

OG: Steve Hutchinson

C: Jeff Saturday

DE: Jared Allen, Mario Williams

DT: Albert Haynesworth, Haloti Ngata

OLB: DeMarcus Ware, James Harrison

MLB; Ray Lewis

CB: Nnamdi Asomugha, Champ Bailey

FS: Ed Reed

SS: Troy Polamalu, Adrian Wilson

Sorry, but Roddy White is not in that category yet. He could be when he is in his prime at the age of 28 and 29 and when Matt Ryan gets better (Ryan's 3rd year breakout? If he is so ahead of the curve, maybe he will break out now, with his rookie wall at the end of last season).

100% AGREED I FINALLY GET A SMART PERSON ON MY THREAD GEEZ.MAN SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT LIKE TO FACE THE FACTS.AND GET MAD AND DONT WANNA HEAR THE TRUTH AND RODDY WHITE IS NOT ELITE.

Terrell Owens had 69 catches, 1000 yards, and 10 TDs. Only 1 of those categories is elite (TDs) and he is on the decline at age 35. He is a good receiver, but is no longer elite. Randy Moss has similar statistics, but he was playing with his back up QB that hasn't started a game since high school. Steve Smith is on the borderline. I would have no problem calling him elite.

Ladainian Tomlinson had a 3.8 YPC and will be turning 30 this offseason. He has been an elite RB for the most part of this past decade and will continue to be effective and will go to the HoF. He might even be considered the best RB of all time when its said and done. If you were to ask me which RB I wanted for one game, I would have to say Adrian Peterson though. It isn't much of a contest.

Brian Urlacher, like Steve Smith, is on the borderline. There is nothing wrong with calling him elite. I just chose not to. Also, I would like to add Patrick Willis to the list of elite MLBs.

And I love the way you write on these boards. You can keep telling yourself that calling other posters 'jokes' and 'stupid' really helps prove a point if you want.

Exactly he thinks name calling proves a point.He clearly must be a kid or something.Anyone can see Roddy needs to work on a few things before we can call him.Elite.Andre,Fitz and Steve have nothing that they need to work on.With their game and Roddy does.Roddy needs to work on his hands and ball control.But like i said he does have potential and is a hard woker.People getting mad.because they think im bashing the guy.When Im telling the Trith..lol

Exactly he thinks name calling proves a point.He clearly must be a kid or something.Anyone can see Roddy needs to work on a few things before we can call him.Elite.Andre,Fitz and Steve have nothing that they need to work on.With their game and Roddy does.Roddy needs to work on his hands and ball control.But like i said he does have potential and is a hard woker.People getting mad.because they think im bashing the guy.When Im telling the Trith..lol

Sorry, but if you think Andre Johnson is "elite", than Roddy White should be considered elite. Are you talking about in terms of talent or as a player? To show the difference, consider the extreme. JaMarcus Russell has elite talent, he's no where near being an elite QB. Drew Brees does not have elite talent, he is an elite QB.

Andre Johnson has been in the league for 6 seasons. He has NEVER had back to back 1000 yard seasons. He has only had 3 seasons with 1000+ yards. And he has only averaged 13.1 yards per catch over his career. In comparison, Roddy White has been in the league for only 4 seasons, has already had back to back 1000 yard seasons, and has averaged 15.4 yards per catch over his career.

I do think Andre Johnson has elite talent. He's just not nearly consistent enough to be considered an elite WR in my opinion.

trith?? yes im clearly a kid, since you control all this logic :lol: man you and that dude are a joke. LT not being elite shows that you 2 are ********. No1 is mad that your "bashing" we are annoyed because you have no facts to back your opinion, and are putting out ******** statement. i am not calling any1 names i am clearly talking about your posting, but i guess i should be nicer, so i dont hurt your feelings.

Sorry, but if you think Andre Johnson is "elite", than Roddy White should be considered elite. Are you talking about in terms of talent or as a player? To show the difference, consider the extreme. JaMarcus Russell has elite talent, he's no where near being an elite QB. Drew Brees does not have elite talent, he is an elite QB.

Andre Johnson has been in the league for 6 seasons. He has NEVER had back to back 1000 yard seasons. He has only had 3 seasons with 1000+ yards. And he has only averaged 13.1 yards per catch over his career. In comparison, Roddy White has been in the league for only 4 seasons, has already had back to back 1000 yard seasons, and has averaged 15.4 yards per catch over his career.

I do think Andre Johnson has elite talent. He's just not nearly consistent enough to be considered an elite WR in my opinion.

Dude did you just say Roddy is better than Andre?you have lost your mind.Andre is the Number 1 receiver in the league dude.He finished with 1575 receiving yards.I guess youre trying to be sacrcastic or something i dont care nothing about no back to back season crap.T.O didnt have a good season but he is better than Roddy White dude.You are crazy if you think that Andre isnt better and when i say Elite i mean as a player and talent.Dude Roddy has a ways to go before he reaches any of those guys level.Thats the silliest thing i have ever heard.Roddy better than Andre...lol thats a good one kid.

trith?? yes im clearly a kid, since you control all this logic :lol: man you and that dude are a joke. LT not being elite shows that you 2 are ********. No1 is mad that your "bashing" we are annoyed because you have no facts to back your opinion, and are putting out ******** statement. i am not calling any1 names i am clearly talking about your posting, but i guess i should be nicer, so i dont hurt your feelings.

Lol BACK UP MY FACTS?LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS ANY ONE IN THE NFL INCLUDING STEVIE WONDER CAN SEE RODDY WHITE ISNT AN ELITE RECEIVER! DUDE YOU DONT NEED FACTS WHEN YOURE WATCHING HIM DROP BALLS AN HAVE UNSURE HANDS.DROPPING BALLS PUT RIGHT IN HIS HANDS! You are very funny little guy.He doesnt have good body control either.Like Fitz or Andre can get the ball thrown to them in double coverage an catch the ball using their body to keep it away from defenders.Roddy needs to work on that.And not dropping game winning TD's like he did at the dome against sorry azz Denver.Dude i said he has potential to be the best.He just needs to work on some things this offseason.

Lol BACK UP MY FACTS?LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS ANY ONE IN THE NFL INCLUDING STEVIE WONDER CAN SEE RODDY WHITE ISNT AN ELITE RECEIVER! DUDE YOU DONT NEED FACTS WHEN YOURE WATCHING HIM DROP BALLS AN HAVE UNSURE HANDS.DROPPING BALLS PUT RIGHT IN HIS HANDS! You are very funny little guy.He doesnt have good body control either.Like Fitz or Andre can get the ball thrown to them in double coverage an catch the ball using their body to keep it away from defenders.Roddy needs to work on that.And not dropping game winning TD's like he did at the dome against sorry azz Denver.Dude i said he has potential to be the best.He just needs to work on some things this offseason.

:lol: does it make you feel better calling me little guy?? are you compensating? it seems that your the only one who sees that roddy isnt elite. Dude is Elite, every1 has drops. TO has drops, Fitz has drops, every wideout has drops, ad how can any1 in the nfl can see it, if you have been shut down after every post you have in this thread. Face it dude I am right and your wrong. Roddy has had the most catches on 3rd for 1st downs, so that is the definition of CLUTCH, HE EXTENDS PLAYS! DEE DEE DEE He has had back to back 1K rec seasons, which is something andre johnson cant say. **** give roddy white 115 catches, and the dude would have 1800yrds

also not calling LT Elite is what makes yall a joke, yea he had a down year, but he still had 1000yrds, PLUS the dude had less than 300 carries, PLUS he still had over 400 yrds rec. LT is the definition of elite. Larry and him are the same at their respective position.

you might want to buy this book. football%20for%20dummies.jpg or stop posting, since your making other posters dumber with every post. You will never win any argument or be taken serious just by opinion, since it shows you have no facts to back it up.

I will say smart idea adding Larry fitz to the argument, so it splits people, and shows your definition somewhat. people have to decide whether youre arguing if roddy is elite or is roddy elite like larry. larry is like LT probably on track to being known has the greatest of all time at his position. Also just because he has stuff to work on does not mean he is not elite, it means he is not at his full potential.

Dude i never actually dissed Roddy i have always said he was good but some of those drops he has are embarrassing an i would like him to attack the ball more against defenders an get those circus catches an more td's he only had what 7tds this season.

You have got to be kidding me.

You have got to be kidding me.

Omg you gotta be kidding me.Im telling the truth.LOL@ folks getting mad over the truth.He is not elite.He has some things he needs to work on.The reason Fitz,Andre,and Steve Smith are considered elite.Because have mastured their skill at the wide receiver position and like i said.Roddy has not.You cant get mad at me CAUSE IM TELLING THE TRUTH.He isnt elite.

http://www.ipadrblog.com/football%20for%20dummies.jpg or stop posting, since your making ot

I will say smart idea adding Larry fitz to the argument, so it splits people, and shows your definition somewhat. people have to decide whether youre arguing if roddy is elite or is roddy elite like larry. larry is like LT probably on track to being known has the greatest of all time at his position. Also just because he has stuff to work on does not mean he is not elite, it means he is has not reached his full potential

DUH! he has not reached his full potential you even said it AND THATS WHY HE IS NOT ELITE YET DUDE! GEEZ

:lol: does it make you feel better calling me little guy?? are you compensating? it seems that your the only one who sees that roddy isnt elite. Dude is Elite, every1 has drops. TO has drops, Fitz has drops, every wideout has drops, ad how can any1 in the nfl can see it, if you have been shut down after every post you have in this thread. Face it dude I am right and your wrong. Roddy has had the most catches on 3rd for 1st downs, so that is the definition of CLUTCH, HE EXTENDS PLAYS! DEE DEE DEE He has had back to back 1K rec seasons, which is something andre johnson cant say. **** give roddy white 115 catches, and the dude would have 1800yrds

also not calling LT Elite is what makes yall a joke, yea he had a down year, but he still had 1000yrds, PLUS the dude had less than 300 carries, PLUS he still had over 400 yrds rec. LT is the definition of elite. Larry and him are the same at their respective position.

you might want to buy this book. football%20for%20dummies.jpg or stop posting, since your making other posters dumber with every post. You will never win any argument or be taken serious just by opinion, since it shows you have no facts to back it up.

I will say smart idea adding Larry fitz to the argument, so it splits people, and shows your definition somewhat. people have to decide whether youre arguing if roddy is elite or is roddy elite like larry. larry is like LT probably on track to being known has the greatest of all time at his position. Also just because he has stuff to work on does not mean he is not elite, it means he is not at his full potential.

Someone please read this guys post.LOL he makes no sense.He says Andre is better than Roddy because Roddy had back to back 1000 yard seaons.Dude you said Roddy is better than Andre.I mean seriously dude you need go back and read your posts.Roddy is no where near that guys level son.I hate to break it to you but,Andre has waaay better hands and body control than Roddy.He catches balls in double coverage better than Roddy has more receiving yards than Roddy and he doesnt have a Micheal Jenkins helping son.As a matter a fact Andre finished the regular season with 1575 yards dude.You have no idea what you are talking about littleman.He had more yards than Fitz.But alot of people didnt know that.He also can make one handed circus catches in the endzone.Which we still have yet to see Roddy do.As far as LT goes he is past his prime.he WAS elite.But no longer is.That young boy the chargers got is outdoing LT.So it aint their O-line and Philip wouldnt have had the type of year he had.So theres no excuse for LT.Easy the problem is him.You fail dude.

I love this thread. After giving this a lot of thought, here's my $ .02.

There are only a handful of receivers in the league who I'd take over White. However, that doesn't mean that White is an "elite" receiver. To me, an "elite" receiver is one that everyone knows. He makes the routine catches. He blocks. He adjusts to the ball on bad throws. He's the "man."

IMO, Roddy is still learning the position. He is still very RAW. He makes a great catch, then misses the easy one. He constantly lets the defender get the dominating position. He needs to be more aggressive and he has to learn to be a defender.

Roddy White is a great player, but if he is a LONG way from becoming a Fitzgerald. Define that however you want but it's a fact.

I love this thread. After giving this a lot of thought, here's my $ .02.

There are only a handful of receivers in the league who I'd take over White. However, that doesn't mean that White is an "elite" receiver. To me, an "elite" receiver is one that everyone knows. He makes the routine catches. He blocks. He adjusts to the ball on bad throws. He's the "man."

IMO, Roddy is still learning the position. He is still very RAW. He makes a great catch, then misses the easy one. He constantly lets the defender get the dominating position. He needs to be more aggressive and he has to learn to be a defender.

Roddy White is a great player, but if he is a LONG way from becoming a Fitzgerald. Define that however you want but it's a fact.

How is it possible to be "elite" and still learing the position? :mellow:

edit: Sorry, you aren't saying that he's "elite" your are saying that he's not right?

"White was the main target of the passing attack as Ryan threw 148-of-434 (34 percent) passes his way. He caught 88 passes for 1,382 yards, but dropped nine balls, including one in the end zone against Denver that could have led to a victory."

Thats good that he only dropped 9 balls out of 88. Keep up the good work!!!