Roddy White is a good receiver,but he is not an Elite one

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just imagine this..in a year or 2 roddy will possibly be better than fitzgerald, why you ask???

because, looks whose throwing the ball to roddy, and looks who will be throwing the ball to fitz..MATT FREAKIN LEINART...

lmfao! HECK YEAAA AND WE ALL KNOW MATT LEINHART IS A BUST JUST LIKE REGGIE BUST,I MEAN BUSH.THEY BOTH ARE FROM USC AN FAILED..LOL MATT WAS THE STARTER BEFORE KURT,BUT HE WASNT THE ANSWER AN NOW HE'S RIDING THE BENCH..LOL AND REGGIE DIDNT HAVE THE IMPACT ON THE NFL THAT WE THOUGHT HE WOULD THATS WHY HE MOSTLY RETUNS KICKS! LOL

Sometimes, it seems like the guy's head gets in the way. When you're wide open down the side of the field, it's just you and the ball. You have to make that play. I really think that's when all the practice and everything kicks in. You just do what you've trained to do. It's when you start thinking about it that mistakes seem to happen. I think he gets too excited or something.

IMHO I THINK THATS WHY HE DROPS PASSES ALSO.TOO EXCITED.HE SHOULD BE FINE HOPEFULLY BY NEXT SEASON.ITS NOT THE FACT THAT HE HAS DROPS,ITS THE FACT THAT THE DROPS THAT HE HAS COULD'VE ALL BEEN FOR HUGE CHUNKS OF YARDAGE AN MAYBE A TD.

Here's how I see it.

Some guys say Roddy is an "Elite" reciever based on his numbers.

Some guys say Roddy is a "good" WR, but he needs to be more consistant with the easier catches.

So basically, we're haggling over a person's perception of "Elite" and "Good".....how can you consider a WR "Eilte" just because he has 1 season of 1202, one season of 1300+, 1 season of 506 and 1 with 440+ oh...and 1 playoff appearence. Even Roddy wouldn't consider himself as "Elite".....In fact, he's anything but "Elite".

He's a threat and a Falcons Record Holder (doesn't say a whole lot) but still good. That's about it. But you can call him whatever you wish. ;)

YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE MONEY.ENOUGH SAID.LOL

I totally agree. Roddy is certainly on the right path to becoming elite, especially with the emergence of Jenkins, Ryan, and Douglas. People who think some of his drops were acceptable have a lot lower standard than I do. I'm going to get flamed for this but I think Chad Johnson is a better receiver than Roddy. He is a perfect example of how stats don't tell the whole story.

Think about this, how many times have you seen Roddy "come back to the ball" ? He never does, and that's his biggest problem, even moreso than the drops. Even Jenkins is better than Roddy in this area.

Great post,that is very true as matter a fact i dont even think Jenkins has had a drop and he does come back to the ball if its underthrown.

It amazes me how dudes can't handle the truth...they'd rather get mad and argue to the point of "name-calling." They typically can't respectfully disagree.... :lol::lol::lol:

Bustas..... :lol::lol:

yea i know right,some result to calling names when i state my real opinion.I think Roddy will be fine though.He has gotten better every year i must say.Hopefully he will be the best next season with more experience with Matt.But some of those drops Matt was even lookin like dude wtf.lol

:lol::lol::lol: You saw it too...LOL!!!

Yea and did you see Fitzgeralds face when roddy drop that huge pass that Matt threw him he was looking like"man thats an easy catch,he was shaking his head on the sideline like heck nall he shouldve caught that...lol ESPN even showed Fitzgerald face in slow motion when Roddy dropped that huge passing play from Matt.

Yea and did you see Fitzgeralds face when roddy drop that huge pass that Matt threw him he was looking like"man thats an easy catch,he was shaking his head on the sideline like heck nall he shouldve caught that...lol ESPN even showed Fitzgerald face in slow motion when Roddy dropped that huge passing play from Matt.

Yes...the camera man cut str8 to Fitz....I was embarrassed....eventhough I was home alone....LOL!! Fitzgerald was looking like...."He missed that????" :mellow:

Yes...the camera man cut str8 to Fitz....I was embarrassed....eventhough I was home alone....LOL!! Fitzgerald was looking like...."He missed that????" :mellow:

yes that was very embarrassing...lol even though i was at home alone also.Fitz was lookin like he thought he was gonna catch it but when Roddy dropped it he was lookin "how he drop that..lol