Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Elvis_sux_MJ_way_better

Roddy White is a good receiver,but he is not an Elite one

661 posts in this topic

I think pulling up a 2 year old thread when Roddy was hardly elite to try to lambaste the thread starter is being an as$hole

I didn't know this was a 2 year old thread when I pulled it up or I wouldn't have done it. I thought it was the thread from before the season started that was hating on Roddy. The one that was blasting Roddy for dropping passes in the preseason. You know that one as$hole?

slamee101 and Culain_04 like this

I think pulling up a 2 year old thread when Roddy was hardly elite to try to lambaste the thread starter is being an as$hole

You mean 2 years ago when he was a pro bowl wr? The fact of the matter is that elvis (formerly flyfalconfan aka shower boy) threw a tantrum after every dropped pass and deserves to have this thread resurface from time to time. He bumped it himself many many times.

Templar likes this

roddy is looking like an elite WR in 2010 to me, and i wrote him off after he dropped a bunch of balls at his pro day. he has come a long way and i'm glad he is a falcon.

Roddy had been targeted more times than any other receiver in the NFL and leads the NFL in catches and receiving yards and leads the NFL in first down catches and has not dropped a single pass. Sounds elite to me!

He's Elite. When this thread started he had still not played the past 2 seasons... thus, its a little unfair to argue the OPs point now...2 YEARS later. He's obviously elite now...especially since no one else had the numbers he does. If roddy's not elite..then who is? if no one is elite, then what again is the definition of elite???

I guess most people define elite based on stats. So I guess Fitzgerals sucks. The one thing I noticed about Roddy since the first day he came into training camp is he is very physical and will not only fight for the ball but will fight for the YAC. I had know idea about this guy from UAB but I loved the way he did those two things and bought his jersey the next week. Of course he went through his lack of effort and the drops but now that he is fully committed I think he is definitely one of the best and I thought that prior to this year.

I guess it takes an increase in targets and completions for people to finally see this. He's currently on pace to have his best year in every stat category and will set at least one franchise record.

slamee101 likes this

I know he is elite because if I had to pick 2 receivers RIGHT NOW to build my team with he has to be one of them. Not only has he become great but he is one of the most DURABLE receivers in the game!!!

I know he is elite because if I had to pick 2 receivers RIGHT NOW to build my team with he has to be one of them. Not only has he become great but he is one of the most DURABLE receivers in the game!!!

It would be Roddy and Andre Johnson for me and so right about Roddy's durability. He has played in every single game since his rookie year of 2005.