Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noles1985!

What is all the Joe the Great talk

107 posts in this topic

Living most of my life less then ten miles from the University of Delaware, I route for Joe Flacco. He's not Ryan by any means. But I do think he's pretty good. Right now he's riding the wave of having a great Defense and a decent running game. If we had that Defense we would still be playing. But I do think he's good he'll be a really good NFL QB and that takes nothing away from Ryan.

What is Flacco then? the second best?

Yes you could make that claim.

If I'm starting a team and I had to pick between the two I would take Matt Ryan hands down.

But Flacco isn't a bum or horrible like a lot of this board makes him out to be.

Living most of my life less then ten miles from the University of Delaware, I route for Joe Flacco. He's not Ryan by any means. But I do think he's pretty good. Right now he's riding the wave of having a great Defense and a decent running game. If we had that Defense we would still be playing. But I do think he's good he'll be a really good NFL QB and that takes nothing away from Ryan.

And Ryan rode the wave of a great running game, good O-line, and the 2nd fewest penalties called on

in the league. ;)

Yes you could make that claim.

If I'm starting a team and I had to pick between the two I would take Matt Ryan hands down.

But Flacco isn't a bum or horrible like a lot of this board makes him out to be.

As far as rookies, where does Marino and Rothlisberger fit into the equation?

As far as rookies, where does Marino and Rothlisberger fit into the equation?

I think I was like 6 years old when Marino was a rookie so I can't say.

I still think Big Ben is overrated.

And Ryan rode the wave of a great running game, good O-line, and the 2nd fewest penalties called on

in the league. ;)

I agree that we have a good running game but if you noticed it wasn't as effective against really good teams, plus I think the offensive line was decent but Ryan releasing the ball quickly helped them out a lot.

Not sure what your point is are if your saying Flacco is better then Ryan then I disagree. Again Flacco is good, if we didn't have Ryan I'd want him in a heartbeat.

I agree that we have a good running game but if you noticed it wasn't as effective against really good teams, plus I think the offensive line was decent but Ryan releasing the ball quickly helped them out a lot.

Yeah and when the running game wasn't effective, we resorted to passing the ball. The result: Falcons 0-6 when Ryan throws the ball 30 times or more.

0 picks & 0 sacks in 2 playoff games.....would rather have ryan here, but joe derserves some credit as well as his coaches

So Does his Defense, the whole reason why he's there. :P

We can all agree the Ravens would'nt have done jack with Romo at QB.

We can all agree you have a crush on Romo as much as you bring his name up in threads that are not even about him.

Hate to break it, but he aint dropping Jessi for ya. Now go do your leap.

Yeah and we're 0-6 in games in which Matt has to throw 30 or more times

Flacco may not be carrying his team, but neither is Matt

Both played on good teams. Flacco's team, however, is better, which is why they're in it and we're not

You are sounding like the not so logical media types with this line.

Hello! When Turner's numbers are down - and Ryan's throws are up - it's usually because WE ARE BEHIND and trying to catch up. We are losing against a team playing better than us. Hence, the losses in the end correlates to the number of throws. If you don't understand that - what games were you watching exactly? This is the kind of talk you expect from the media, not knowledgeable fans who actually watch the games.

We lost 5 games in the regular season. That's less games than we have lost any season except 3, in our 43 year history. I'll take it anytime.

Geez people - the kid's a rookie - he's done a phenominal job for us. Instead of crapping all over him - why not actually try supporting the team and the players on the team.

lol I fully expect this board to shutdown if the Ravens win the Super Bowl with Flacco starting.

I don't get why so many people hate him.

This whole if Matt Ryan played on the Ravens they would be 14-2 is crap because he doesn't play for the Ravens.

Thank god or whatever entity you choose to believe in, for that fact!

Because Ryan was "supposed to be the best ever rook QB" and yet behold Flacco and all his

success coming out the same draft. What are the chances?

His stats aren't far off Ryan's either during the regular season.

Also note that Flacco got sacked twice as much as Ryan, so essentially I could say "if Flacco

had Ryan's Oline he would have better passing stats than Ryan."

Best ever rook QB :P :rolleyes:

Joe Flacco uses approx. 1+ second more from the snap to the pass has left his hand, than say fx. Matt Ryan. It might be how the offense is built or it might have something to do with the time they use on progressing through reads. Its my belief that Flacco would have more sacks than Ryan, should he have our O-line. I love our line, but Matt is undeniably a major contributor to them having only allowed 17 sacks!

I don't think it is so much the comparisons of Ryan to Flacco that is getting everyone pizzed,

but that alot of homers on this board were touting that Ryan was "the best rook QB ever." :rolleyes:

Well if he is, Flacco shouldn't be this good then. ;)

You spend a lot of time trying to say the same thing - Flacco got sacked more, so Ryan can't be good, etc.

I can only assume that you are so green with envy, it's killing you, so you spend all your time trying to find threads on Ryan to go in and roll your eyes.

You are jealous, plain and simple. Actions speak louder than words.

It's the same reason people on here are knocking Flacco - they are jealous that he is doing so well as a rookie and they don't want it to detract from Ryan's success.

Guess what people, it doesn't. Ryan plays for the Falcons, Flacco plays for the Ravens. One has no bearing on the other's performance or value to his respective team.

Personally, I'm happy for the Ravens. Glad they got a good QB. I'm ecstatic for the Falcons and I can't wait for the next season. This kid has brought us a vital missing piece from our offense, and I'm excited to watch him develop over the next few years into a mature and productive QB who leads the Falcons to more than one winning season, especially after the other missing pieces are put into place - TE, better OL and better Defensive players.

Live with it Aints fan - he's ours - and we like him.

Here's what we think of your opinion of him. :rolleyes:

It's a team sport in which people like to seek out game-changing individuals

The quarterback is the most prestigious position, so that's usually where they give the credit for wins (and blame for losses)

Flacco is average. Any other year you would say he is fantastic for a rookie but because of Ryan's success as a rookie, Flacco doesn't seem so good by comparison.

Personally I think the Ravens could of had similar success with Boller or Troy Smith.

I do Too. Of Better yet Give us the ravens defense, or one of their Lb's to replace Brookings against Ari. See how far Matt could have gone.

Hello! When Turner's numbers are down - and Ryan's throws are up - it's usually because WE ARE BEHIND and trying to catch up. We are losing against a team playing better than us. Hence, the losses in the end correlates to the number of throws. If you don't understand that - what games were you watching exactly? This is the kind of talk you expect from the media, not knowledgeable fans who actually watch the games.

We lost 5 games in the regular season. That's less games than we have lost any season except 3, in our 43 year history. I'll take it anytime.

Geez people - the kid's a rookie - he's done a phenominal job for us. Instead of crapping all over him - why not actually try supporting the team and the players on the team.

First of all, we lost six games

When I said 0-6, I was including the playoffs

And what you say is not necessarily the case. We were leading against Arizona going into the half. Turner was getting bottled up. The passing game was very conservative (less than 5 yards per attempt for Matt) and Matt still managed to turn the ball over three times. I'm not trying to discredit Matt Ryan. But a lot of YALL are talking about Flacco "not having to lead his team" as if Ryan has carried this team on his shoulders.

No... why do yall have to be D-riders? You can be a fan without getting your knees dirty. Every time our running game is neutralized, we lose. Which means there is no reason for anybody to discredit Joe Flacco for having "limited responsibilities." Because when Matt has had to shoulder the load, the results have been pretty poor. And yes, I know he's a rookie. And he'll probably have a great career. The point is, AS OF NOW, there is no reason to think he is leaps and bounds better than Joe Flacco.

Moreover, there is no media conspiracy against Matt Ryan or against the Falcons. In fact the media was LOVING us at the start of the playoffs. They weren't giving Arizona a chance (in spite of our 4-4 road record, in spite of their 6-2 home record, in spite of the history of rookie QBs failing in the playoffs). Our team didn't live up to the hype, and now that they're eliminated yall are whining that they didn't get enough credit? Come on mane...

I understand he's our quarterback, but there's no reason to be so overly sensitive. My comments are not to discredit Matt. My comments were in response to all the Flacco hate.

First of all, we lost six games

When I said 0-6, I was including the playoffs

And what you say is not necessarily the case. We were leading against Arizona going into the half. Turner was getting bottled up. The passing game was very conservative (less than 5 yards per attempt for Matt) and Matt still managed to turn the ball over three times. I'm not trying to discredit Matt Ryan. But a lot of YALL are talking about Flacco "not having to lead his team" as if Ryan has carried this team on his shoulders.

No... why do yall have to be D-riders? You can be a fan without getting your knees dirty. Every time our running game is neutralized, we lose. Which means there is no reason for anybody to discredit Joe Flacco for having "limited responsibilities." Because when Matt has had to shoulder the load, the results have been pretty poor. And yes, I know he's a rookie. And he'll probably have a great career. The point is, AS OF NOW, there is no reason to think he is leaps and bounds better than Joe Flacco.

Moreover, there is no media conspiracy against Matt Ryan or against the Falcons. In fact the media was LOVING us at the start of the playoffs. They weren't giving Arizona a chance (in spite of our 4-4 road record, in spite of their 6-2 home record, in spite of the history of rookie QBs failing in the playoffs). Our team didn't live up to the hype, and now that they're eliminated yall are whining that they didn't get enough credit? Come on mane...

I understand he's our quarterback, but there's no reason to be so overly sensitive. My comments are not to discredit Matt. My comments were in response to all the Flacco hate.

You obviously have not read any of my posts. I've never discredited Flacco - and I've never compared. My comment was to your "over 30 throws" statement, which is just not logical.

Now, as for Flacco, I could care less what he does. As I've stated before, I'm not obsessed with him and wish him well.

He's not on our roster, not in our Division, not in our Conference, so I could care less what he does. I care about what our players accomplish and what they do for our team.

Second, I never said there was a conspiracy, so don't go getting all hyper over it. I said the media loves sensationalism, which is a fact. All this crap between Flacco and Ryan, two players who have absolutely no bearing on the other teams performance, is media hype. It's fun to cause controversy.

Yes, the media is the one who brought up the statement you are swinging around about the over 30 throws. However, you need to examine each game on it's own merits, because that statement is just foolish.

Our rookie is young, he's getting experience every time he goes out on the field. As I've said all year, there will be times he looks and acts like a rookie. He will face defenses he's never faced before and will have to learn to adapt. That's to be expected.

Just for the record, Ryan really only turned the ball over 2 times. QB's are given the fumble when it occurs on a handoff. If you review the Turner handoff/fumble, that was on our O-Line more than anything - and Turner closed the pocket during the handoff - which resulted in a loss of the ball. Ryan threw one really pathetic throw and the other I am going to give half credit to him and half to Roddy. He also drove us down for a score that offered us an opportunity to possibly come back and win the game. However, we got to the playoffs as a team and we lost as a team.

Kudos to Arizona - they played a fantastic game and exposed our Oline and our D.

However, if you do watch football, and I assume you do - you must know that saying "every time he throws for over 30, we lose" is just so illogical - at least if you watch the games. That's like saying - every time we score less than the other team - we lose.

All I'm saying is "Ya'all" should review the games individually instead of making off the wall comments about a typical media twist on a stat.

I am far from feeling "jealous"because he is taking Ryans thunder. My beef is that people are putting everything in his basket of goodness; when in actuality it is 90% his defense. Not one person has answered this question. If he is that football savy how do u explain throwing into double and triple coverage on a regular basis? Ed Reed puts us in the Super Bowl! Think about that.

I am far from feeling "jealous"because he is taking Ryans thunder. My beef is that people are putting everything in his basket of goodness; when in actuality it is 90% his defense. Not one person has answered this question. If he is that football savy how do u explain throwing into double and triple coverage on a regular basis? Ed Reed puts us in the Super Bowl! Think about that.

Why do you care? He doesn't play for the Falcons or even in our division? Why does this matter to you? He is obviously helping his team or they would have put a different QB in there. Be happy for the kid - he's a rookie. It's not his fault what the media says.

The media has a few darlings of the week every week. No need to come on the board and make threads about it. Talk About The Falcons.

You spend a lot of time trying to say the same thing - Flacco got sacked more, so Ryan can't be good, etc.

I can only assume that you are so green with envy, it's killing you, so you spend all your time trying to find threads on Ryan to go in and roll your eyes.

You are jealous, plain and simple. Actions speak louder than words.

It's the same reason people on here are knocking Flacco - they are jealous that he is doing so well as a rookie and they don't want it to detract from Ryan's success.

Guess what people, it doesn't. Ryan plays for the Falcons, Flacco plays for the Ravens. One has no bearing on the other's performance or value to his respective team.

Personally, I'm happy for the Ravens. Glad they got a good QB. I'm ecstatic for the Falcons and I can't wait for the next season. This kid has brought us a vital missing piece from our offense, and I'm excited to watch him develop over the next few years into a mature and productive QB who leads the Falcons to more than one winning season, especially after the other missing pieces are put into place - TE, better OL and better Defensive players.

Live with it Aints fan - he's ours - and we like him.

Here's what we think of your opinion of him. :rolleyes:

Green with envy? Jealous? :rolleyes:

The QB I cheer for has a 5000 yrd arm. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't confuse the logic I present please. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

^_^

Green with envy? Jealous? :rolleyes:

The QB I cheer for has a 5000 yrd arm. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't confuse the logic I present please. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

^_^

Like I said - you spend a whole lot of time on it - must be eatin' at ya! :rolleyes:

Logic :lol:

Let's see - Saints fan + Logic = :rolleyes: (explains your obsession with our QB and the rolling eyes)

Like I said - you spend a whole lot of time on it - eatin' at ya! ;):rolleyes:

Logic :lol:

I don't have a whole lot to say about Ryan, and haven't said much about him up to this point.

I don't know what you're talking about. :wacko: