Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noles1985!

What is all the Joe the Great talk

107 posts in this topic

Not ashamed of my age. I'm 44. :P

And I own a 69 Volkswagen now and wouldn't trade it for the world. Plan on restoring it soon, but it is plenty drivable right now.

2185689734_ca51851e66.jpg

kewl

But you're not driving it right now? I thought you said you don't drive anymore.

anyway i would be glad to take that off your hands ;)

If you walked into a bar full of football fans and said "Joe Flacco sucks!" you'd be twirling the ice in your drink and watching TV all night all alone because nobody would want to talk to a noob with a bad opinion like that. If there was no Matt Ryan in Atlanta and Flacco played for us, you'd be swooning over the same season and numbers that he had.

My mistake. I meant 17 0r less, not less than 17. Then it is Matt Ryan 11, Flacco 12 just like I said.

And as I said, NEITHER man was asked to carry his team.

attempts shows a better indication of being asked to carry a team...anyways, both are good QBs, and as it's been stated, Flacco hasn't turn the ball over, which is tenfold what Ryan can say right now

If the roles were reversed this board would be filled with these threads:

"Ha Ha dumbass Ravens fans we tried to tell you Flacco was better. I guess y'all can watch the game at Ryan's house"

He is as best an average to above average QB. Not one person on here can justify to me on how he did not see Mason doubled. That was the play of the game. If the Titans pick that which should have happend it would have changed everything; that was when CJ was still healthy. Joe Wacco is not that great take half his defense away and see how great he is. He has a very low football IQ; he was worst at everything the only thing that he was better at was he had one more pass of 40+ yards.

I think the whole deal with Joe the great, is about Baltimore fans finally having a QB that doesnt screw up when it matters :) Its not related to Matt Ryan in any way.

But its natural to want your QB to be the best in the world, kinda like the excuses I found myself saying when Vick was not exactly the prototype passing QB.

Much can be said about Ryan and Flacco. Ryan was put on a team in a rebuilding process whereas Flacco was put on a team where the defense was set and some pieces missing on offense allbeit the nucleus could be said to excist prior to the arrival of Flacco ie Todd Heap and Mason.

Fact is that Flacco is still gathering experience while Matt is sitting at home watching highlights. One could however argue if the Ravens franchise wasnt ahead of Atlanta to begin with in terms of having the pieces it was missing for a SB run.

I'm happy Flacco is doing well for his sake. Whoever said he can't help where he was drafted is right.

Still, I can't help but imagine Ryan on the Ravens. It's only frustrating because our team collapsed a bit in the playoffs. Ryan had a bone headed int and and an under thrown ball/great pick by a defender coming into his own. He also was the only reason we had a chance in that game. The O-line collapsed, the D-line collapsed, the secondary and LB's blew too. It was an ugly game.

Pencil Pusher, I think you're wrong to say that Ryan wasn't asked to carry the team. I caught maybe 5 or 6 Ravens games, so I'm not saying Flacco definitely didn't, but I obviously watched all of the Falcons games and it looks like the two QB's are playing different games at times. The Ravens are definitely using Flacco well, he's best when he gets to rip the ball 30-40 yards down the field, but Ryan is running the no huddle, voted captain and took a team with a crap D into the playoffs. The key to our offense is Turner, and both QB's have great running games, but that doesn't mean Ryan isn't doing more than Flacco, he is.

I think the Falcons got over hyped at the end of the season when things were slowing down for them. Everything was so great this season, and it ground to a halt in a bad way, so I'm just bitter about most everything to do with football :P Joe Flacco gets included in my wrath.

attempts shows a better indication of being asked to carry a team...anyways, both are good QBs, and as it's been stated, Flacco hasn't turn the ball over, which is tenfold what Ryan can say right now

Yeah and we're 0-6 in games in which Matt has to throw 30 or more times

Flacco may not be carrying his team, but neither is Matt

Both played on good teams. Flacco's team, however, is better, which is why they're in it and we're not

Hes done enough so far in the playoffs to win and I think hes a bit above average. That being said, I would still rather have Matt Ryan.

They are both good quarterbacks and will help their teams win many games in the future. Matt Ryan just seems to be a player that has more upside than Flacco. Yes, our QB won ROY but I think everyone can agree that he is going to get better from here on out. With the Ravens defense I am not so sure that Flacco has as much pressure to improve as a quarterback. Its also clearly evident that Matt is already a step above Flacco when it comes to the mental side of being a QB.

Flacco is still playing and Matt Ryan, and our Falcons, are at home. That says more about the Ravens team as a whole than it does Matt Ryan.

Matt is a winner. He has proven that in my mind. I just cant say enough about how impressive Matt was in his rookie year. From the multiple clutch throws to win games, the efficient running of a no huddle offense in pressure situations, the speedy digestion of Mularkey's playbook, the respect he has earned from the rest of the team as a leader; its just amazing what he did in his first year.

We have much more to look forward to out of our QB position than the Ravens do. B)

He is as best an average to above average QB. Not one person on here can justify to me on how he did not see Mason doubled. That was the play of the game. If the Titans pick that which should have happend it would have changed everything; that was when CJ was still healthy. Joe Wacco is not that great take half his defense away and see how great he is. He has a very low football IQ; he was worst at everything the only thing that he was better at was he had one more pass of 40+ yards.

Are you like Matt Ryan's mom or something? Do you wear his underwear when you go to bed at night? Do you have Matt Ryan sheets? What's wrong with you?

Flacco is playing well. Stop being so jealous. I'm happy with Ryan but stop with this "he sucks" nonsense. He's playing well, he doesn't make any mistakes.

Flacco is playing well. Stop being so jealous. I'm happy with Ryan but stop with this "he sucks" nonsense. He's playing well, he doesn't make any mistakes.

Flacco is doing okay. But you cannot deny that it is defense that wins championships. W/O the Ravens' D, it would be a different team. The year the Ravens won the SB, the team was similar. That year they had Trent Dilfer who was also a servicable QB, played smart, and limited turnovers. It was Ray and the D that carried the team. The next year, Dilfer was cut. Flacco is not carrying this team. If Flacco and Ryan switched teams, you'd see a big difference in Flacco's play.

Not hatin on Joe. Just saying.

The only two stats that are relevant 44.4 comp pct and 73.9 rating. He is not still playing because he is that much better that anyone else on the field that comp pct is shyte. He plays on because of his defense.

Agreed. He made a couple of key plays, but that D is the reason they are there. He's being asked to try and manage the game and not make bad decisions (i.e. turnover the ball), much like Big Ben in his rookie year with the Steelers. In fact, I look at the Ravens of 2008 and they remind me of that Steeler team .. great D, good O line, good WRs and running game.

What is the point of this thread? Trying to knock Flacco seems silly at this point. Kid has faced the best defenses in the league, of course his numbers aren't going to be great. FYI, his QB rating today was better than Ryan's last week.

I don't understand this Ryan vs. Flacco nonsense. They both had great years. Neither organization would trade for the other. Whatever happened to mutual respect? Not even like the Falcs and Ravens are in the same conference, let alone rivals.

My two cents..

WELL SAID!

Why do people have to try to elevate themselves at the expense of others? You can love Ryan, and admire the job Flacco has done as well.

Are you like Matt Ryan's mom or something? Do you wear his underwear when you go to bed at night? Do you have Matt Ryan sheets? What's wrong with you?

Did you even watch the game? His first TD pass was into Double coverage and his second was into triple coverage. Explain to me how that is not making a mistake(mental).

Edit:Punctuation

Yeah and we're 0-6 in games in which Matt has to throw 30 or more times

Flacco may not be carrying his team, but neither is Matt

Both played on good teams. Flacco's team, however, is better, which is why they're in it and we're not

both have come close...even though Tandy showed me that Matt carried our team in the Chicago game, he also almost won the NO and Denver game...from what I remember, Flacco almost won the 1st Pittsburgh game

kewl

But you're not driving it right now? I thought you said you don't drive anymore.

anyway i would be glad to take that off your hands ;)

I'm not driving due to my eyesight ( peripheral so glasses won't help) but I keep it registered and insured with my friend on the insurance so it get's driven a lot.

Heh,I get offers for it wherever I go.She's in pretty good shape to be 40.And she's all German, right down to the jack.

You can actually order " birth certificates for VW's straight from the Wolfsburg Museum. end them the VIN and they will send you a paper telling what factory it came from, even what DAY it was rolled out. Original color, interior, everything. I want to order one but it's about 50 bucks. I don't have a clue to how they know the day. I guess Germans keep pretty tight records.

I don't think it is so much the comparisons of Ryan to Flacco that is getting everyone pizzed,

but that alot of homers on this board were touting that Ryan was "the best rook QB ever." :rolleyes:

Well if he is, Flacco shouldn't be this good then. ;)

Baltimore Defense carries any QB to the playoffs.

They got Steve McNair to the playoffs

They got Kyle Boller to the playoffs

Oh wait

They didn't

There is a reason they drafted Flacco in the 1st round.

Baltimore Defense carries any QB to the playoffs.

They got Steve McNair to the playoffs

They got Kyle Boller to the playoffs

Oh wait

They didn't

There is a reason they drafted Flacco in the 1st round.

You seem to forget something here. Joe Flacco committed the grave sin of being drafted the same draft as Matt Ryan. People here cannot forgive him of that crime! :P

You seem to forget something here. Joe Flacco committed the grave sin of being drafted the same draft as Matt Ryan. People here cannot forgive him of that crime! :P

lol I fully expect this board to shutdown if the Ravens win the Super Bowl with Flacco starting.

I don't get why so many people hate him.

This whole if Matt Ryan played on the Ravens they would be 14-2 is crap because he doesn't play for the Ravens.

We can all agree the Ravens would'nt have done jack with Romo at QB.

I don't get why so many people hate him.

Because Ryan was "supposed to be the best ever rook QB" and yet behold Flacco and all his

success coming out the same draft. What are the chances?

His stats aren't far off Ryan's either during the regular season.

Also note that Flacco got sacked twice as much as Ryan, so essentially I could say "if Flacco

had Ryan's Oline he would have better passing stats than Ryan."

Best ever rook QB :P :rolleyes:

Because Ryan was "supposed to be the best ever rook QB" and yet behold Flacco and all his

success coming out the same draft. What are the chances?

His stats aren't far off Ryan's either during the regular season.

Also note that Flacco got sacked twice as much as Ryan, so essentially I could say "if Flacco

had Ryan's Oline he would have better passing stats than Ryan."

Best ever rook QB :P :rolleyes:

Ryan is the best rookie QB ever though. :D

I just don't hate on Flacco while stating that.