Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noles1985!

What is all the Joe the Great talk

107 posts in this topic

When they're on TV i watch them on tv

Usually i listen in on internet radio ;)

you?

since they werent on tv this season i had to go to a variety of sports bars before settling on stool pidgeons

I don't understand why falcon fans have become obsessed with numbers all of a sudden. Who cares what Flacco's stats were? He didn't turn the ball over or do anything to hurt his team. Who cares if he didn't throw for 300 yards? They won the game.. I find it mighty funny how when Matt didn't have his best game against the Bucs many on here ignored it and used that "But we won the game" excuse and now you have the Ravens not turning the ball over and winning games and all of a sudden it's an issue..

Since when did Falcon fans become so jealous? Congratulate that team and cheer on another rookie qb doing big things.. It's so ridiculous that folks bash this kid.. He can't help that he was drafted on a team with a great defense. What will be the argument if he comes out next week and throw for 200 and 2 scores??

im not bashing him, just jealous that he's stealin ryan's shine.

I don't understand why falcon fans have become obsessed with numbers all of a sudden. Who cares what Flacco's stats were? He didn't turn the ball over or do anything to hurt his team. Who cares if he didn't throw for 300 yards? They won the game.. I find it mighty funny how when Matt didn't have his best game against the Bucs many on here ignored it and used that "But we won the game" excuse and now you have the Ravens not turning the ball over and winning games and all of a sudden it's an issue..

Since when did Falcon fans become so jealous? Congratulate that team and cheer on another rookie qb doing big things.. It's so ridiculous that folks bash this kid.. He can't help that he was drafted on a team with a great defense. What will be the argument if he comes out next week and throw for 200 and 2 scores??

You got some issues, dude.

Why because all the talk is Wacco is this or Wacco is that. People need to realize that he is really mediocre and it is all defense he has barely thrown as many passes as Ryan did in one game and he has two games. It is not because his running game is great.

Ok so we take the week that both of them played Wacco was 9-23, while Ryan was 26-40 way better numbers and decision making. For christ sakes you can tell that they are afraid to put the ball in his hands, but he is supposedly so great. BTW his entire postseason comp pct is 44.4 it is not that hard to figure out.

afraid to put the ball in his hands. Want another stat?

Times Flacco had less than 17 completions in a game? 12

Times Matt Ryan had less than 17? 11.

Again, is it worth arguing over? NEITHER was asked to carry their team, both did their job and Joe is still playing. Both were very good rookies and this anti Flacco nonsense just because you somehow feels it threatens Ryan is nonsense. I promise you..much will be written about both as the years go by. Enjoy it all.

If he does that then he is atleast half deserving of all this bs that people are screaming.

Ok so we take the week that both of them played Wacco was 9-23, while Ryan was 26-40 way better numbers and decision making. For christ sakes you can tell that they are afraid to put the ball in his hands, but he is supposedly so great. BTW his entire postseason comp pct is 44.4 it is not that hard to figure out.

I see we got off the QB rating when that didn't fit, now completion percentage is the most important stat?

:P

How about this stat: 50 yards rushing. You're talking about what, third best run game in the NFL? And they didn't do anything the whole game. Yet the kid made a couple plays and did enough for a W.

Ravens played eight of their regular season games, half the schedule, against Ds ranked in the top 9 in pass D. That's called throwing a rook into the fire. And he came out on top. And it doesn't have anything to with Ryan or the Falcons. Don't understand how you can even think about knocking the kid.

since they werent on tv this season i had to go to a variety of sports bars before settling on stool pidgeons

Back when mike was playing we had a couple prime time games, and there was no blackouts either because they were all sold out

Were you at the Falcons-Skins game in 06? That's the last time they played here i believe...

If he does that then he is atleast half deserving of all this bs that people are screaming.

And if he doesn't it still doesn't matter.. Make the throws when needed and don't turn the ball over is all that he's asked to do. Did you get the memo that he's still a rookie???

Why because all the talk is Wacco is this or Wacco is that. People need to realize that he is really mediocre and it is all defense he has barely thrown as many passes as Ryan did in one game and he has two games. It is not because his running game is great.

Same can be said about Ryan

Turner got bottled up against Arizona, Ryan had the ball in his hands and could not win the game

And his high CP% was due to the dink and dunk playcalling. How else can you explain Roddy's 11 catches for 84 yards? How else can you explain Matt having under 5 yards per attempt? Completion percentage is not this objective, absolute measuring stick for a quarterback's skill. And even though I think Ryan is much better than Flacco, the Ravens coaches have given him a lot of freedom in the playoffs. They have been much more aggressive with their playcalling than our coaches were at Arizona. And guess what? Flacco has NO turnovers in two games. Ryan turned the ball over three times with our conservative dink and dunk playcalling.

that's really petty..

yeah it is. just having a hard time dealing with not seeing the falcons still playing. and it wont matter when the falcons win that super bowl one day.

I see we got off the QB rating when that didn't fit, now completion percentage is the most important stat?

:P

How about this stat: 50 yards rushing. You're talking about what, third best run game in the NFL? And they didn't do anything the whole game. Yet the kid made a couple plays and did enough for a W.

Ravens played eight of their regular season games, half the schedule, against Ds ranked in the top 9 in pass D. That's called throwing a rook into the fire. And he came out on top. And it doesn't have anything to with Ryan or the Falcons. Don't understand how you can even think about knocking the kid.

It is still relevant. How about if we had Ed Reed and safety we are in the next round. Our safety lost us the game and with a better safety we are playing the divisional?championship game. That is all I am trying to get across.

Back when mike was playing we had a couple prime time games, and there was no blackouts either because they were all sold out

Were you at the Falcons-Skins game in 06? That's the last time they played here i believe...

my boys went to that game and gave dap to jwill and mv during warmups.. i wish they were playing at WASH this year insteaod of at home, so i could make the trip easily. in 06 i went to the PITT and CAR homegames..

this year the falcons were on the mid size tv's at the bars instead of 07 when they were on the smallest thing in the place..

It is still relevant. How about if we had Ed Reed and safety we are in the next round. Our safety lost us the game and with a better safety we are playing the divisional?championship game. That is all I am trying to get across.

If that is all you are trying to get across, then why is your thread about a rookie quarterback.

I rememember my dad owning so many Falcons and Fairlanes when I was young. Those were great little solid cars.

now you are dating yourself :)

i was less fortunate- growing up with volkswagon beetles and toyota corollas...until i got my first car- and 80 checy impala..

If that is all you are trying to get across, then why is your thread about a rookie quarterback.

Because people are trying to crown him the king of rookies and if he did not have the short field that he always played from we would not even be having this conversation.

afraid to put the ball in his hands. Want another stat?

Times Flacco had less than 17 completions in a game? 12

Times Matt Ryan had less than 17? 11.

These stats are incorrect - Matt Ryan had:

9 against DET

13 against TB (first time)

12 against KC

16 against GB

16 against NO (first time)

15 against TB (second time)

13 against MIN

10 against STL

That's only 8 times - in every other game he had at least 17 completions.

Joe Flacco:

15 against CIN

13 against CLE

16 against PIT

12 against OAK

15 against HOU

12 against PHI

10 against WAS

11 against PIT

9 against MIA (playoffs)

11 against TEN (playoffs)

I only count 10.

If you are going to use stats in your arguments, at least use correct stats...

He is as best an average to above average QB. Not one person on here can justify to me on how he did not see Mason doubled. That was the play of the game. If the Titans pick that which should have happend it would have changed everything; that was when CJ was still healthy. Joe Wacco is not that great take half his defense away and see how great he is. He has a very low football IQ; he was worst at everything the only thing that he was better at was he had one more pass of 40+ yards.

COME ON MAN ........ THE GUY IS GOOD. IS HE BETTER THAN MATT RYAN???

WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS JOE WACCO IS STILL PLAYING. NO MATTER HOW HE

DOES IT ......... HE BEATS YOU. GIVE THE GUY HIS DUE ..... HE IS GOOD.B)

These stats are incorrect - Matt Ryan had:

9 against DET

13 against TB (first time)

12 against KC

16 against GB

16 against NO (first time)

15 against TB (second time)

13 against MIN

10 against STL

That's only 8 times - in every other game he had at least 17 completions.

Joe Flacco:

15 against CIN

13 against CLE

16 against PIT

12 against OAK

15 against HOU

12 against PHI

10 against WAS

11 against PIT

9 against MIA (playoffs)

11 against TEN (playoffs)

I only count 10.

If you are going to use stats in your arguments, at least use correct stats...

My mistake. I meant 17 0r less, not less than 17. Then it is Matt Ryan 11, Flacco 12 just like I said.

And as I said, NEITHER man was asked to carry his team.

Because people are trying to crown him the king of rookies and if he did not have the short field that he always played from we would not even be having this conversation.

He didn't get a single vote for ROY.

:mellow:

now you are dating yourself :)

i was less fortunate- growing up with volkswagon beetles and toyota corollas...until i got my first car- and 80 checy impala..

Not ashamed of my age. I'm 44. :P

And I own a 69 Volkswagen now and wouldn't trade it for the world. Plan on restoring it soon, but it is plenty drivable right now.

2185689734_ca51851e66.jpg

nice!! are you going to drive it after restoration or is it going to be more of a collectors item?

we had a 75~76 dark green beetle..

i had to finally let go of my 84 rabbit gti...i think its racing a dirt track somewhere..:(

but sweet red beetle though

Not ashamed of my age. I'm 44. :P

And I own a 69 Volkswagen now and wouldn't trade it for the world. Plan on restoring it soon, but it is plenty drivable right now.

2185689734_ca51851e66.jpg

He didn't get a single vote for ROY.

:mellow:

There is a reason for that. They realize that he is a product of a great defense not raw talent.