Is our Defense as bad as some thought?

We have a good core group of players and our team played with a lot of heart. Van Gorder really pushed the talent level on the field to hold opposing teams to as few points as we did.

And keep this in mind: our biggest loss all season was only 15 points. I think that speaks volumes to how well our entire team played.

Despite all of that, it's obvious we don't have the defensive talent to win a championship. But I have faith in TD, Smith, and Co. to go out this offseason and find us a couple of starters and a couple of key contributors and to turn the defense around like they did with the offense this year!

Our defense is better than people realize. Seeing how Carolina defense was beat down last night, our defense played the Cards well!! Falcons still had a chance to win near the end which say alot. We need to improve a defense with the following positions needing to be filled:

Last nite has nothing to do with our defense. The panthers got beat down because of throwing away all of their scoring opportunities and that just demoralized them on both sides of the ball. It is just like the cowboys are not as bad as they appeared in their last game.

Uh, he is def. not...He had a fluke game vs. TB. He is strictly a STeamer. We will need a new SLB.

I say give the youngster another year a SLB and see if he gets it!!!! Experience is sometimes the best teacher. He just started playing more snaps only recently so he could be better next year even as a backup. Boley may not be here next year so I do expect some moves to fill this spot with FA.

I say give the youngster another year a SLB and see if he gets it!!!! Experience is sometimes the best teacher. He just started playing more snaps only recently so he could be better next year even as a backup. Boley may not be here next year so I do expect some moves to fill this spot with FA.
He ain't no youngster. He is 30 years old.

It's bad statistically and bad compared to where Smith wants to go. I think the Ravens/Titan's/Steelers defense is where Smith is looking to go. Big, tough, physical with some elite playmakers. I think he has instilled the attitude but it's like the old adage:

"the heart is willing but the bodies not able".

We still lack the bodies in some positions. It sounds like the focus is on D this off season so I would look for a significant improvement this coming year. Throw in a defense like the ones from the above mentioned teams and we may not have lost a game this year with a rookie QB!

Think about that.