War on Drugs

rvrndzombii

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wom, the netherlands general elections were held on 22 November 2006. In these elections the Christian Democratic Appeal remained the largest party. Holland is a controlled by a conservative Christian government. Just like the U.S is at the moment. The Culture is not completely different they just realise that prohabition is not the right way.

They also have prostitution legalized, and as a result, human trafficking for sex is a big problem for them.

Would you think the American people would vote to allow illicit drugs and prostitution? Holland is a different culture. PEOPLE in the US, i.e. the true governing body, wouldn't vote to legalize drugs. They won't even vote to legalize gay marriage, which is nowhere to the same level as legalizing the profiting from the destruction of others' lives.

No Swami. The difference in culture between here and Holland means the US wouldn't react the same way to legalization as they did. That is why I am thankful. That difference in reaction prevents the idea of legalization from taking hold.

Even Californians, who are apart of one of the most liberal states, voted against gay marriage. You want people to vote for the legalization of heroin, cocaine, and the like? Won't happen anytime soon. Serious changes in culture need to happen, and that may take generations.

How would it diminish their power? They'd just move on to the next contraband. How anybody would be in support of the legalization of drugs like heroin and cocaine is beyond me. You'd want your kids to be constantly exposed to them as they do cigarettes? <sarcasm> It'll be the next "cool" thing to do!</sarcasm>

Sure, I'm for someone choosing to be dumb and take such drugs and ruin their life. I'm against the act, but I wouldn't stop them legally. What I am against in the legal sense are the distributors. The sellers, the transporters, etc..

If you read my original post, I never proposed legalizing illicit hard drugs such as Meth, Crack, or Heroin. I stand by my point that decriminalizing Marijuana has worked quite well in other countries in leading to diminished hard drug usage. I believe it's stupid to use any resources towards Marijuana prosecution when there are much bigger fish to fry. Marijuana is only a gateway drug in the sense that it opens the user up to an underworld of illegal drug activity and presents opportunities to try the "hard stuff". Take that opportunity away by legalizing it and you solve many problems.

I'm 52 years old and I've been an occasional Marijuana user my entire life. I've been a Scout leader, PTO president, served on the local school board, raised five children, paid a lot of taxes and been an all around productive citizen. There are a lot of folks out there just like me.

If you read my original post, I never proposed legalizing illicit hard drugs such as Meth, Crack, or Heroin. I stand by my point that decriminalizing Marijuana has worked quite well in other countries in leading to diminished hard drug usage. I believe it's stupid to use any resources towards Marijuana prosecution when there are much bigger fish to fry. Marijuana is only a gateway drug in the sense that it opens the user up to an underworld of illegal drug activity and presents opportunities to try the "hard stuff". Take that opportunity away by legalizing it and you solve many problems.

I'm 52 years old and I've been an occasional Marijuana user my entire life. I've been a Scout leader, PTO president, served on the local school board, raised five children, paid a lot of taxes and been an all around productive citizen. There are a lot of folks out there just like me.

NO THAT MAKES YOU DUMB, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?

I don't know U.S law but I can tell you in England Prostitution is legal aswell, for gods sake its the worlds oldest profession, but everything around prostitution is illegal i.e brothels and curb crawling.

The idea behind the red light district in Holland is to have the sex workers in safe secure area were customers can not harm them and police are always around to stop any ilegal acts.

Oh and weed is not legal in Holland it is decriminalised.

The "war on drugs" has been lost years ago. That saying has been used so much that It's on the level of a joke now.

The police are wasting their time (and taxpayer money) by jailing a large number of small-time users and dealers while letting the big-time cartels run rampant with relative immunity in their own countries (who are just as corrupt as the cartels).

The "war on drugs....an asinine proposition of epic proportions.

The "war on drugs" has been lost years ago. That saying has been used so much that It's on the level of a joke now.

The police are wasting their time (and taxpayer money) by jailing a large number of small-time users and dealers while letting the big-time cartels run rampant with relative immunity in their own countries (who are just as corrupt as the cartels).

The "war on drugs....an asinine proposition of epic proportions.

thats the way our government does things. Look at immigration.....you see Border Patrol Agents here in Louisiana on the interstates. Why would you try to catch them at this point instead of doing more to secure the border and try to prevent them from even entering the country?

I think it's very misguided. I don't think users should go to jail. I don't think sellers should go to jail. I think if either of them give it to children, they should go to jail. I think if either of them force it upon somebody else they should go to jail. I don't think the government should punish people for things they do to themselves. I do think the government should punish people when their actions affect others. A single crackhead hitting the pipe in the corner of his basement doesn't need to go to prison. A crackhead father buying crack instead of paying his child support does need to go to prison.

We need more of it. Should make drug dealing a capital offense and if convicted, it should be an automatic death penalty. The execution should take place quickly. Not decades later. Same goes for all those on death row now. Make it quick.

u buckwild kid, i suppose you feel the same about all drugs ,we cant have a gray area?

so the pot dealer gets the same punishment as the heroin dealer? thats dumb ;)

QUOTE (Swami57 @ Jan 7 2009, 02:40 PM)

That is a blantant bold-face lie. I have never served as president of the PTO!

People use drugs because they're dumb. People sell drugs because they want to profit from people becoming like the woman I linked to above.

Yes, dumb. I have never used drugs, nor will I ever start. Maybe it's because I had good parents, unlike drug users out there.

wow im glad youve always felt good, felt happy congrats.

maybe some people use drugs because they want to feel good , feel happy ever thought of that?

i had good parents but i didnt feel good

I tried drugs because i saw people using and they didnt look miserable or unhappy they looked like they were having a great time

i wanted to feel that

and i dont think thats dumb

you judgemental, condescending p. o. s.!!!

wow im glad youve always felt good, felt happy congrats.

maybe some people use drugs because they want to feel good , feel happy ever thought of that?

i had good parents but i didnt feel good

I tried drugs because i saw people using and they didnt look miserable or unhappy they looked like they were having a great time

i wanted to feel that

and i dont think thats dumb

you judgemental, condescending p. o. s.!!!

bingo. I started using drugs at the age of 15 after my dad dissappeared and my mom kicked me out. Everything isnt always in black and white