War on Drugs

rvrndzombii

It's not the drugs, It's the war.... Nothing about the War on Drugs makes any sense in the context of drugs. Everything about the War on Drugs makes sense in the context of war.. We aren't running the War on Drugs because we want to eradicate drugs, We're running the War on Drugs because we want to have a war. More specifically, we're running the War on Drugs because it serves the interests of people in this country. The United States is a democracy. Nothing this big, this expensive, this destructive, can go on in the United States—for decades—without broad-based political support. The War on Drugs has constituencies. It has groups of people who support it because it serves their interests. These groups don't have to support the War on Drugs for the same reasons. They don't have to support it for good reasons. They don't even have to support it for coherent reasons. All that is necessary for the War on Drugs to continue is that enough people get something out of it..

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the drugs, It's the war.... Nothing about the War on Drugs makes any sense in the context of drugs. Everything about the War on Drugs makes sense in the context of war.. We aren't running the War on Drugs because we want to eradicate drugs, We're running the War on Drugs because we want to have a war. More specifically, we're running the War on Drugs because it serves the interests of people in this country. The United States is a democracy. Nothing this big, this expensive, this destructive, can go on in the United States—for decades—without broad-based political support. The War on Drugs has constituencies. It has groups of people who support it because it serves their interests. These groups don't have to support the War on Drugs for the same reasons. They don't have to support it for good reasons. They don't even have to support it for coherent reasons. All that is necessary for the War on Drugs to continue is that enough people get something out of it..

a lot of people make A LOT of money off of war...they whole issue has nothing to do with the substances.......it is, as always, about money power, and not to leave out: Control

So create a land fill of drug offenders. :huh: :huh:

That is pretty comical. :lol: :lol:

It's not a landfill. Bodies decompose naturally. It's not like a landfill for waste where waste piles up and you have to constantly expunge it.

Bodies are buried peacefully, and they decompose naturally.

a lot of people make A LOT of money off of war...they whole issue has nothing to do with the substances.......it is, as always, about money power, and not to leave out: Control

We really need reform on our war on drugs in this country but too many people profit from it..

The constraint begins only when rights end. You have no right over someone else's body, none.

Legislators had a right over you when they decided murder would be a capital offense, when treason was a capital offense, when 3 felonies led to life, etc.

Believe it or not, you are not free. You are constrained not only by your moral code, if you have one, but the legal code (legislators), your bosses at your place of employment, your teachers/professors at your place of schooling, and often by parents and friends.

You don't have full freedom.

We have the highest non-violent incarseration rate in the world. We need to free up our police, jails and courts to deal with people who actually pose a clear and present danger to life and liberty. Stop persecuting non-violent drug users. Prefer regulation to prohibition and give up on this "war" that can never be won.

Dude are you on drugs.. :lol:

In the Arab world, people are buried on a plot of land only claimed by God. It's not our land to secure for our bodies for centuries with tombstones and coffins. Bodies are cleaned fully then they are buried, and that's the end of it. They decompose with the coccyx being the only part left, and that land will eventually be used for another body.

Legislators had a right over you when they decided murder would be a capital offense, when treason was a capital offense, when 3 felonies led to life, etc.

Believe it or not, you are not free. You are constrained not only by your moral code, if you have one, but the legal code (legislators), your bosses at your place of employment, your teachers/professors at your place of schooling, and often by parents and friends.

You don't have full freedom.

I don't think you readily understand the implication of rights. Murder, per say, has absolutely nothing to do with the right to my body. It deals with the concept that I don't have the right to anyone else's body. My point still stands.

When I discuss freedom, I discuss only the full recognition of individual rights. Not anarchy. The failure to understand the difference is your own.

I don't think you readily understand the implication of rights. Murder, per say, has absolutely nothing to do with the right to my body. It deals with the concept that I don't have the right to anyone else's body. My point still stands.

When I discuss freedom, I discuss only the full recognition of individual rights. Not anarchy. The failure to understand the difference is your own.

Rights can be transformed by anybody. Some people may think murder is a right in certain cases. Actually, there's a society I've examined that believes murder is a right in specific cases.

Which is why I clearly state distribution. I didn't say drug use. I said distribution of drugs. The harming of others.

Laws change constantly. Sentences for crimes are changed constantly. Legislators, i.e. people, are constantly changing the laws, and thus changing what you can and cannot do.

Rights can be transformed by anybody. Some people may think murder is a right in certain cases. Actually, there's a society I've examined that believes murder is a right in specific cases.

Which is why I clearly state distribution. I didn't say drug use. I said distribution of drugs. The harming of others.

Laws change constantly. Sentences for crimes are changed constantly. Legislators, i.e. people, are constantly changing the laws, and thus changing what you can and cannot do.

That logic doesn't follow. Because at that instant, now you are not only implicating those that sell drugs, but anyone that actively sells a product that can bring about human harm (if that in fact is the standard you're using). This includes anything from guns to matches to fried foods. At this point it is obvious your standard is useless.

That logic doesn't follow. Because at that instant, now you are not only implicating those that sell drugs, but anyone that actively sells a product that can bring about human harm (if that in fact is the standard you're using). This includes anything from guns to matches to fried foods. At this point it is obvious your standard is useless.

I hope you can see a difference between drugs and guns/matches/fried foods/etc..

Some people buy guns for self-defense. Some people buy guns for hunting. Some people buy guns to fire them at gun ranges. How is heroin used?

I myself bought matches to cook food when camping. How is cocaine used?

I hope you can see a difference between drugs and guns/matches/fried foods/etc..

Some people buy guns for self-defense. Some people buy guns for hunting. Some people buy guns to fire them at gun ranges. How is heroin used?

And people buy drugs to induce pleasure. The difference is artificial. It still a case of one individual purchasing something from another because of a want. It is that right you are attempting to suppress.

...i have a question.....I know its just a good in fun message board conversation, but there is no way you really think like this right? You have to be exaggerating for effect..

right?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This just get better and better

How do we stop the madness of the war on drugs is the question?

things got a lil off there......

I say the first solution is REAL education....beginning at school age...

its a huge problem, but I know for sure that pumping more money into already rich pockets is not the solution.......

perhaps by using marijuana as a starting point, we could safely "detox" ourselves from america's drug war

things got a lil off there......

I say the first solution is REAL education....beginning at school age...

its a huge problem, but I know for sure that pumping more money into already rich pockets is not the solution.......

perhaps by using marijuana as a starting point, we could safely "detox" ourselves from america's drug war

How do you think marijuana being legalized would affect other drugs if at all? :huh: :huh: