War on Drugs

rvrndzombii

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a waste of our money.. U.S. federal, state and local governments have spent hundreds of billions of dollars trying to make America “drug-free.” Yet heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine and other illicit drugs are cheaper, purer and easier to get than ever before. Nearly half a million people are behind bars on drug charges - more than all of western Europe (with a bigger population) incarcerates for all offenses. The war on drugs has become a war on families, a war on public health and a war on our constitutional rights. The United States is now the world's largest jailer, imprisoning nearly half a million people for drug offenses alone.

Heroin, cocaine, LSD, crystal meth, and whatever is as hard as those drugs. I'm not familiar with all illegal drugs in existence.

what makes them punishable by death?? and back to the original point, what in your opinion will this do since many of the people involved in the drug world really don't see death as a deterrent?

and actually China (think it was china might have been Japan, pretty sure it was china) tried that with the Meth epidemic..... all that happened was having higher prices, and even more paranoid users. You end up with more death on many levels...They not only killed the users but also the dealers, and the drug use continues. Saw that one on a National Geographic Explorer. Pretty interesting, but death is not a deterrent either. Drop one user or one dealer, and 3 more take the place.

what makes them punishable by death?? and back to the original point, what in your opinion will this do since many of the people involved in the drug world really don't see death as a deterrent?

and actually China (think it was china might have been Japan, pretty sure it was china) tried that with the Meth epidemic..... all that happened was having higher prices, and even more paranoid users. You end up with more death on many levels...They not only killed the users but also the dealers, and the drug use continues. Saw that one on a National Geographic Explorer. Pretty interesting, but death is not a deterrent either. Drop one user or one dealer, and 3 more take the place.

I don't care if they see it as a deterrent. Some will, and those who won't will be removed from society. It's to better society. Sometimes, a leg must be amputated to save a life.

Those drugs are extremely harmful to their user. If somebody is profiting from them, they should forfeit their life. Just one would if they rape and murder.

Its a waste of our money.. U.S. federal, state and local governments have spent hundreds of billions of dollars trying to make America “drug-free.” Yet heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine and other illicit drugs are cheaper, purer and easier to get than ever before. Nearly half a million people are behind bars on drug charges - more than all of western Europe (with a bigger population) incarcerates for all offenses. The war on drugs has become a war on families, a war on public health and a war on our constitutional rights. The United States is now the world's largest jailer, imprisoning nearly half a million people for drug offenses alone.

agreed....I think we account for like a quarter or more of the worlds prison population......funny how we always have to make sure we have a war on something....that way we can scare people in to justifying spending billions of tax dollars on fighting an enemy that we create...

I don't care if they see it as a deterrent. Some will, and those who won't will be removed from society. It's to better society. Sometimes, a leg must be amputated to save a life.

Those drugs are extremely harmful to their user. If somebody is profiting from them, they should forfeit their life. Just one would if they rape and murder.

so the native tribes who use mescaline or psilocybin are to be killed?? or the colombian tribes who chew cocoa leaves should be killed as well?

i think it might be more than a leg.....

agreed....I think we account for like a quarter or more of the worlds prison population......funny how we always have to make sure we have a war on something....that way we can scare people in to justifying spending billions of tax dollars on fighting an enemy that we create...

Exactly, It's not the drugs; It's the war..

I do hope you realise the Irony of you having the ability to post these views without fear of violence.

I do hope you realize the difference between verbal expression and distribution of a mean of self-destruction and death.

I'm all for freedom of speech. The 1st amendment is awesome.

It means acceptance of individual rights, and that includes right to their own bodies. You have absolutely no right to dictate what an individual can do to their own body. None.

Full autonomy is harmful to a society and oneself. Nobody has full autonomy, including you. We are all constrained. You want fully autonomy, live in your own isolated society.

To Wom what would we do with all those bodies that we would kill with your plan? :huh: :huh:

Burial. Bodies decompose. There's no need to have one body take up a certain surface area for centuries. As one body decomposes fully, place another in there.

Your hypocrisy is pathetic.

When have I said somebody shouldn't have the right to voice their opinion? I've actually defend that cartoonist who drew the Prophet Mohammad in a bad light. The cartoon pains me, but I defended it, because the majority of the world isn't Muslim. We must let the man express himself against Islam, if he chooses to do so.